PDA

View Full Version : do your tools ever walk away by themselves...

V
08-30-2004, 11:28 PM
ok, it happens to me everytime i work on a car, i put down a tool and 5 seconds later, it GONE! About 2 years ago, i bought a large craftsman set of tools, but Ive lost so many tools so far and tongiht I finally had enough. I went back to sears and bought another 318 piece set of tools to replace what i lost. I just dont get how my tools dissapeared though, They never turn up, people must steal them from me or they are magical and they get up and walk away themselves, wtf, from now on i have to lock my tool cabinet when i'm not in my garage and its not like anyone in my house touches them, its weird. At least now maybe i can finish my GF's monte, now that i have tools to put the car back together :roll: ... sorry i just had to complain...i complain alot... mainly about my tools....

BigAls87Z28
08-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Its part of Sear's plan to keep you buying tools... I know... I work for them. They have a "black magic" core that makes them disappear... dont tell anyone I told you...

what are all these black hummers and heilcopters doing at my house?

jims69camaro
08-31-2004, 03:48 AM
wait! don't fire up that new engine yet... i haven't found all of my sockets... :lol: :P :lol:

foff667
08-31-2004, 07:43 AM
my home depot ones dont walk away as much as get lost in my vehicles.

NJSPEEDER
08-31-2004, 03:27 PM
my home depot ones dont walk away as much as get lost in my vehicles.

all done the project, close hood, take first corner and TING! TING! TING!
so thats where the 10mm wrench went?!?!?!

later
tim

deadtrend1
08-31-2004, 08:21 PM
all done the project, close hood, take first corner and TING! TING! TING!
so thats where the 10mm wrench went?!?!?!

later
tim

did that but i made it a mile from my house and turned into my freinds driveway before i heard that. Then walked in the middle of the road to pick it up.

On the 4th gen, theres a great tool "pocket" on the cowl under the windshield. I usually leave stuff in there and find it next time i pop the hood.... was freaking cause i lost my 13mm rachet wrench till i went to retighten the headers......

garretwp
09-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I use to use my pops tools all the time, so i would hear him say that his tools are missing lol. But now that i have my own tools in a nice 40in stainless steel tool box, i keep it locked at all times. just in case my pops wants to borrow a tool. haha

Garrett

ar0ck
09-01-2004, 04:03 PM
When i removed the mighty 305 from my car I found a adjustable wrench, a 10mm wrench, and a few sockets.

HardcoreZ28
09-02-2004, 08:08 AM
I used to have that problem. Now I use one of those magnetic trays and I always put tools down there an nowhere else....this way I know where thay are and they can't fall down anywhere.

ar0ck
09-02-2004, 12:14 PM
If I had tools, I probabkly would have that problem.