PDA

View Full Version : Killed a Z06

Jersey_TA
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
I went out cruising around tonight out lack of a better thing to do. Anyways, I was cruising down a local 4 lane road(2 in different directions), when I was thinking about turning around and heading home. I decided, maybe I will just drive to moorsetown(sp) mall and turn around. So I pass up the U-turn I was going to take, go over 295, and stop at the next light. As I was sitting there a red Z06 turns in front of me and heads the same way I was going. I was like holy crap! The light turns green and I hurry up to catch up to him. He had to have seen me back there because he was going under the limit and I caught up to him pretty quick. There was a 1 car gap between my front end and his rear when he hits it. I was WTF and I hit it. Thank god it was at 50 mph, because my car won't downshift at 51 mph. I was surprised how fast I caught him. I was next to him at 80 and I was just walking away from him after that. I put 2 cars on him when I shut down due to a car in my lane a little ways up. He pulls up next o me(it was an older guy) smiles and waves. I gave him a thumbs up and we went on our way. Pretty cool guy, and an awesome race. My first street Z06 kill.

BigAls87Z28
08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
8) awesome kill bud.

ShitOnWheels
08-31-2004, 10:09 PM
80 on 38? lucky the cops weren't out, seein as tho it's the end of the month and all ;)

Jersey_TA
08-31-2004, 10:14 PM
80 on 38? lucky the cops weren't out, seein as tho it's the end of the month and all ;)

Yep, I got pretty lucky. After I turned around at the mall 3 miles up the road a cop turned into pepboys across from the mall.

I have gone a little faster on 38 before, most of the time it's late at night. I totally forgot it was the end of the month.

ShitOnWheels
08-31-2004, 10:17 PM

Yep, I got pretty lucky. After I turned around at the mall 3 miles up the road a cop turned into pepboys across from the mall.

I have gone a little faster on 38 before, most of the time it's late at night. I totally forgot it was the end of the month.
My car is a POS (hence the name), so 60 - 65 is max for me without killing myself lol. And it seems any time I get up to 60 or so, I see the cops in their normal hiding spots...

Just outta curiosity, where in BM you at?

Jersey_TA
09-01-2004, 12:01 AM

My car is a POS (hence the name), so 60 - 65 is max for me without killing myself lol. And it seems any time I get up to 60 or so, I see the cops in their normal hiding spots...

Just a few blocks from the burger king.

Ian
09-01-2004, 01:40 AM
very nice kill, but it still doesn't make up for that time you didn't race that SN-95 stang :lol:

Tru2Chevy
09-01-2004, 02:15 AM
Nice kill Rob....what number was it? hehehe.....

- Justin

Midnite
09-01-2004, 03:07 AM
38 is an awesome road to race on.....as long as you have a radar detector, that thing has saved me from many tickets....

-Alicia

ShitOnWheels
09-01-2004, 07:04 AM
38 is an awesome road to race on.....as long as you have a radar detector, that thing has saved me from many tickets....

-Alicia
Lol, I want one, no one will buy it for me, and I can't afford it.

Ok, have to ask, where in Jobstown? I'm in North Hanover ;)

ShitOnWheels
09-01-2004, 07:05 AM

Just a few blocks from the burger king.
Ah, cool.

Jersey_TA
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
very nice kill, but it still doesn't make up for that time you didn't race that SN-95 stang :lol:

I'm trying man, I'm trying :D :wink: :twisted:

Jersey_TA
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Nice kill Rob....what number was it? hehehe.....

- Justin

It is #154 :twisted:

Jersey_TA
09-01-2004, 10:15 AM

-Alicia

I know what you mean. The first day I put a radar detector in my car it saved my ass LOL.