PDA

View Full Version : Little Secret For LS1 Folks

ArCoLoG2
09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
While doing some reading at the local borders, I found this....

Guy was hooking up his 2002 Z-28, did headers, cam, heads, exhaust, bolt ons, and then did this....

A different gates belt that is smaller to bypass the power steering pump, we all know its a breeze to change the belts, so while your at the track you can throw this belt on

Gates Belt Part Number K-060512

It gave him 3 tenths off his 1320....I'm sure other that maybe track conditions were better too, but hell it's worth a try...

Good Luck!!

Jersey_TA
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
While doing some reading at the local borders, I found this....

Guy was hooking up his 2002 Z-28, did headers, cam, heads, exhaust, bolt ons, and then did this....

A different gates belt that is smaller to bypass the power steering pump, we all know its a breeze to change the belts, so while your at the track you can throw this belt on

Gates Belt Part Number K-060512

It gave him 3 tenths off his 1320....I'm sure other that maybe track conditions were better too, but hell it's worth a try...

Good Luck!!

I would have to see the weather conditions on both times he went to the track with and without the smaller belt. I have heard of gains, but .3 is crazy. I might try it just to see the next time I go to the track. That seems like a huge gain to me. Thanks for the info. 8)

NJSPEEDER
09-08-2004, 02:34 PM
i agree with jersey, 3tenths is a lot to get out of a belt. there is no real load on the ps pump when going in a straight line, it won't build much pressure until you steer the car.
if your considering it you may wanna jsut go to a pinto style manual rack and save yourself the trouble of swapping those belts all the time anyway as well as the 25ish lbs of the pump and all the fluid :twisted:

later
tim

ArCoLoG2
09-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I feel the same as you both, I feel it is an enormous gain, but even if you gain a tenth, it's worth the 15 bucks!

Give it a shot and let me know your opinion on the quick mod...

I'd love to hear the answer from someone we know, not someone writing a book.

Dave