PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen wiper blades?

j0n
09-08-2004, 09:08 PM
ok so i need new wiper blades so i ran out and picked up some Bosch 24 inch things...get em on the car and half the blade is non-functional on the windshield...anyone have problems w/ the bosch blades? it seems like the wiper arm prevents the blade from bending to follow the windshield...anyone know of blades that work?

thanks

Amy
09-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Damn.. I never realized the wipers were that big on the 4th gens. 3rd gens are 18. Bosches are actually pretty decent as far as wipers go. I have them on all my vehicles.

ArCoLoG2
09-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Heh, I picked up the Anco's from walmart for like $3.50 a piece. They work great but only for a short period of time...You get what you pay for I guess....But oh well, at least they cover the entire windshield...

Later

Dave

Demian
09-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Never had an issue with the bosch.

But I'm not sure they are the same size on both.

Little G
09-08-2004, 11:01 PM
maybe they'll form onto the curve after a while?

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2009, 08:03 AM
i know this is an old thread but i didnt find anything else...but i just bought new rain-x wiper blades for my 97 camaro and the driver side leaves a big patch of water over the registration sitcker part of the windshield , kinda skips over it and doesnt touch it at all. They say 24" blades which i got.. anyone else have this problem? i was told those bracketless blades dont fit.

MonmouthCtyAntz
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I usually go w/ the walmart specials(like 3 bucks a piece)...Its mostly a nice weather car so no biggie.

WildBillyT
05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
i know this is an old thread but i didnt find anything else...but i just bought new rain-x wiper blades for my 97 camaro and the driver side leaves a big patch of water over the registration sitcker part of the windshield , kinda skips over it and doesnt touch it at all. They say 24" blades which i got.. anyone else have this problem? i was told those bracketless blades dont fit.

Just hand bend them to fit the contour of your windsheild.

sweetbmxrider
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
lt1's take a reverse style blade. our hooks are backwards :(

napa carries them. its like 24R or some ****

edpontiac91
05-01-2009, 09:46 AM
The normal ANCO Advantage blades work the best on windshields that have a large cruve. It seems the Premium blades do not have enough downward force at the ends, so areas like the end of the passenger area do not clean. The blades with the brackets spaced every few inches work better than a large curved blade.

sweetbmxrider
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
with lt1 cars, we have reverse hooks. if you don't buy our specific style blades, this happens.