PDA

View Full Version : NEED ASAP: TPI/TBI coil mounting bracket

V
09-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm finishing up the last items on my 87 monte SS and as i went to mount the coil...(350 TPI) I can't find the bracket anywhere, it must have gotten lost somewhere in my mess of a garage. Its the lower bracket that mount to the rear/top of the intake manifold, I think the bracket is the same on any v8 with remote mount coil(i think just about all 3rd gens had that) and it may even be on 6cyl cars, im not sure, i just need that bracket like yesterday so i can then drop the distributor in. If anyone has please let me know right away, i'll come pick it up. I'd rather get the stock bracket but if i can't find one, I'll have to fabricate one of my own, not hard but id prefer not to. Thanks in advance. -Paul

deadtrend1
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
i think i got one actually ..... i forgot to send it when i sold my tpi

NJSPEEDER
09-10-2004, 06:03 PM
if deadtrend doesn't have it i know i have one around here.

later
tim

V
09-10-2004, 07:28 PM
:D awesome, if either of you find it for sure, let me know, and then tell me where to come pick it up and when. if you want a few bucks for it, thats fine, just tell me how much. I wanna try to have it by the end of next week. I appreciate the help. -Paul

j0n
09-11-2004, 02:36 PM
:D awesome, if either of you find it for sure, let me know, and then tell me where to come pick it up and when. if you want a few bucks for it, thats fine, just tell me how much. I wanna try to have it by the end of next week. I appreciate the help. -Paul

i'll check on my formula but im not quite sure what the part is...if they can't help you out i know i can...i havent disected anything under thehood of that car yet

V
09-12-2004, 11:18 PM
ANYONE?? if i cant scavange one up by mid week, i'm going to have to farbricate one, not that its hard, im just lazy...

j0n
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
ANYONE?? if i cant scavange one up by mid week, i'm going to have to farbricate one, not that its hard, im just lazy...

gimme a description and i'll pull it for u 2morrow...and if u go 2 fudds tomorrow night i can give it to you there

V
09-14-2004, 12:27 AM
I tried finding a picture of it, but i couldn't, i'll just explain it the best i can.

Its the small bracket that is mounted under the remote coil and bolts it up to the intake manifold. I'm pretty sure they are all on the passenger side of the engine, and it is secured to the engine by the rear two intake manifold bolts. Its usually a black painted sheet metal bracket. It allows the coil to be mounted flat, and since the intake bolts are angled a little, the bracket has about a 45 degree angle to even it out. Basically, just find the ignition coil by tracing the coil wire off the distributor and then its just the bracket that hold the coil to the engine.

Where is the fudds meet? i'm in north jersey but i dont mind coming down , just let me know. thanks. -Paul

V
09-15-2004, 06:56 PM
nevermind anymore, i finally got the energy to go and try to fabridate one this afternoon, as i was looking around for a pice of metal to make it out of, i found a familiar looking piece, the coil bracket i had lost, so i saved myself the trouble, all fits good, too bad i can't say the same about the VSS and driveshaft... see my other "parts needed" post ...oh boy,...dahm g body... :roll: