PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: 89 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

89 Trans Am WS6
09-11-2004, 07:32 PM
89 Trans Am WS6
305 TBI, 700r4
Straight body, has a few dings here and there and a dent in the rear quarter. No metal creased, just needs to be pulled, or pushed out.
1-2 year old black paint.
TTops
Black interor with red accents. Grant Corsa GT steering wheel. black/red.
Flowtech headers into a flowtech cutout, into a 3 inch hooker aerochamber catback.
Eibach Prokit installed less then a year ago. At the same time new balljoints, sway bar bushings, trans mount, bump stops, all the other suspension parts you can think of were changed..centerlink..etc..

Also added a TDS wonderbar. Has 14x3 open element and a KN filter. Brand new alum radiator, cap and thermostat. AC delete pulley, AIR pump and still have the dead air pulley on there. Have the air pump delete pulleyin garage, will give that to you with the car.

Interior is in great shape. Only real flaw is the drivers side rear seat has some kind of white paint/**** on the bottom that ate through the cloth into the foam. I used to have a black towel over the seat tucked in nice. The seats are currently not in the back as i made some room to drive the car to wildwood on vacation. Didnt put the seats back yet. Oil changes up to date and the car is kept clean. No ones smoked in the car since ive had it.

Thats the good, now the bad..ish..
Car smokes. Motor runs smooth and all, drives fine, just it smokes on startup. Some say its a SBC trademark..but whatever..it wont smoke while your driving along on the roads, or when your getting on it either. Only time i see smoke rarely other then startup is if its idling for a long time and then you go, then it smokes a bit. Other then that the car runs and drives smooth. Drove to wildwood and back without probs. Drive to school in mahawh up 17 north for about 25-30 mins each day too. Real fun ride.

so you ask, why am i selling it?

Well, i love this car and it i could afford two id keep it, but i will be taking ownership this coming week of a 93 trans am. need to pay for that. leather int, full loaded. real nice red paint. Thats why im having to get rid of my baby. Im looking to get $3500 OBO for the car. Call me at 201-757-9422 and ill answer any more questions.

oh btw the center console has a small crack in it, my fault when trying to drill a hole for a switch. also ordered a new console for the car before i went for the 93 so its on its way and its yours when it gets here.

thanks alot.

JOe

pics can be found at www.cardomain.com/id/89transamws6
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/333000-333999/333653_56_full.gif

Untamed
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
That's what I'm looking for, but in much worse condition. Three kids, a wife and a mortgage means I have a very small budget.

Sorry you can't enjoy it more. Good luck.

89 Trans Am WS6
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
How mnuch smaller? Ive seen a few TAs like mine around here too i can check out if youd want me to. Lemme know what kind of budget your talking

PS, someone buy my TA:(

89 Trans Am WS6
09-18-2004, 05:37 PM
bump bump

THECowboy
09-19-2004, 07:21 AM
this is uber-tempting. i gotta look around for some cash, but i don't think i'll have it, hope the person who gets it takes real good care of it

j0n
09-19-2004, 09:40 AM
if my parents wouldnt kill me for owning a 3rd car before i turn 18 i would probably sell my vert and buy yours with the idea of dumping my friend's spare 350 in it with a spinning turbine lookin thingy attached to one of the exhaust manifolds :lol: good luck selling it she is a beauty

Tru2Chevy
09-19-2004, 10:43 AM
with a spinning turbine lookin thingy attached to one of the exhaust manifolds :lol:

Hehehehe - sounds like fun :twisted:

- Justin

THECowboy
09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
if i can sell my Maxima before someone buys that car, i will get it, but i need to get like $1500 for my Maxima and that ain't gonna happen!

Untamed
09-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm looking for an 86-90 TA / GTA thats been thrashed, bashed and maybe crashed which is sitting in someones yard looking like a dying bird. I can scrouge $500 with the intent to restore the poor beastie to life over the next few years. Incredibly I have the wifes permission (with a string of caveats) but the car has to be cheap to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How mnuch smaller? Ive seen a few TAs like mine around here too i can check out if youd want me to. Lemme know what kind of budget your talking

PS, someone buy my TA:(

89 Trans Am WS6
09-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Actually i saw something fitting that description..just gotta think of where it was..

What year maxima and stuff. I know a few people lookin for daily drivers too 8)

Spare 350s are good things too. I was prolly gonna drop an engine if i was going to keep it..but i weighed it out and figured i could find a newer car too at the same time for a lil more. But the stocker 305 just keeps on chugging and chugging.

i washed the car and cleaned up the interior today and put back in the rear seats. The car has a pioneer din and a half head unit i just bought that i am prolly going to take out. In its place will be another pioneer thats in my 93 now. Its basicly the same thing only i want the bigger radio lol

THECowboy
09-20-2004, 02:46 AM
it's '89 Maxima SE- V-6 Auto-157,000-Gold paint, power windows, power steering, NEW power steering, NEW brake system, leather interior(not perfect, but no tears or splits) Rear Spoiler is loose on one side but i got it that way, Dent in the front hood and grille-my fault, but that is what caused me to get new brakes, brand new head unit and amp, new hydraulic hood struts too, but they need to be installed; Electronic Door Lock with Door Keypads; Fog Lamps-one missing the whole housing, got it that way; Never SMoked In!

i am not entirly sure i will sell this, but if someone throws out the right number, it's theres, but in my opinion, i am thinkin of a number just a tad too high

89 Trans Am WS6
09-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Buy the TA :( lol will ask around for ya

The Fixer
09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Yah, someone buy this car! It's a very clean 3rd gen, I saw it at the Garfield show.

Untamed, I understand your budget point (I'm married with a mortgage and 1 kid), but you should try to convince your wife that in the long run you'll spend much more to restore a beat up car than just buying his outright. That's how I convinced my wife I needed to get my '88 SS. :)

Untamed
09-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, normally if I was looking for a replacement daily driver, I would agree. However I need something that I can park in the back yard and work on as a hobby while the kids play on the swing set, etc. You know the situation - kids running around screaming and having fun while daddy's legs stick out the t-tops, running an electrical harness, enriching their vocabulary with a string of four letter words. Now thats fun!

Plus I need to show a reason while I bought all those tools, which she just ordered me to reorganize this weekend. :-)

- Dave

89 Trans Am WS6
10-15-2004, 06:39 PM
bump bump

89 Trans Am WS6
10-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Cowboy i sent you a PM...

89 Trans Am WS6
11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
sold 8)

Now the 93 gets to stay in the garage. :twisted:

j0n
11-04-2004, 06:07 PM
sold 8)

congrats! willing to divulge the sale price?(im curious)

89 Trans Am WS6
11-04-2004, 06:45 PM
ended up letting it go for 2500 mainly because i wanted to get the red car in the garage ..sad to see it go..but glad it wont be just sitting anymore

Tru2Chevy
11-05-2004, 09:29 AM
sold 8)

Congrats on the sale!

Did you include a flyer with the car? :wink:

- Justin