PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where I can find a mass air intake

bokey
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I need a mass air intake (the intake sys. they had on the 2.8L) for a 91 RS. I'm just trying to do small things for right now to my engine until i get enough for a bigger one. If anybody knows where I would be able to obtain one of these or somebody has one they don't want please make a post.

Thanks

foff667
09-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I need a mass air intake (the intake sys. they had on the 2.8L) for a 91 RS. I'm just trying to do small things for right now to my engine until i get enough for a bigger one. If anybody knows where I would be able to obtain one of these or somebody has one they don't want please make a post.

Thanks

jyd...they usually sell for $30

V
09-14-2004, 05:30 PM
What exactly are you looking for?, the 91 v6 fbodies had the 3.1L mpfi and the earlier ones were 2.8l, Are you looking for the mass air flow sensor? i assume not since 91 didnt have those either, they used the same speed density computers as the 90-92 tpi cars. If you are looking for the actual intake manifold and plenum setup, someone should have one off a car they parted out, i just sold a complete running '91 3.1 engine, and i'm not sure when i'll get another, may be a few months.

Tru2Chevy
09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Sounds to me like he is looking for the air intake piping that draws air from behind the nose on either side of the hood latch, correct?

If so, then yes, go to the junkyard - and I doubt you'll pay more than $15 for it.

- Justin

V
09-15-2004, 04:09 PM
i got those too, the 2.8l 6cyl ones have a hole in them for an air temp sensor. the tpi ones have that hole but it isnt cut out. the 3.1l 6cyl may or may not have the hole. I have at least 2 setups complete with the lower section. :D [/quote]

bokey
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Justin is right thats exactly what i'm looking for ... on the 189cu in (3.1L) they have the intake comming in from behind the passenger headlight assembly. i want my intake so it is comming directly from the nose so what i'm looking for is the part that holds the filter (i dont know if there is a name for it but i hope you know what i'm talking about) and the piping for either side of the nose. I have gone to junkyards time and time again and find nothing. If anybody knows of any other junkyards aound here other then U-PULL-IT let me know.