PDA

View Full Version : *NEEDED ASAP* anyone have this bracket?

Slow Z
09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm looking for a certain "outer torque arm bracket" to use with my B&M TH350 conversion kit. The bracket that came off my stock 700R4 is almost completely different than the one I need. This bracket could probably be found in every junkyard but with my weird work hours I have no time to go looking. I wanna get this car done for wildwood weekend and this is the only part holding me back!

http://chris.beater.org/pics/bracket.jpg

To me in this picture it looks like the only difference between the brackets is the bushing so either SHOULD do fine for me (I have the right bushing I can reuse) but "B" style would be the perfect match. I believe ALL 5-speed cars have the B-style one but I could be wrong.

So, I know a lot of you guys must have some junky ol' parts car 3rd genss in your sideyard with this bracket... hook me up!

Thanks,
Chris

NJSPEEDER
09-14-2004, 03:57 PM
i can grab you one, just gotta dig it up(it is in the famous garage of parts :)). i can get it to ya this weekend if you wanna meet up somewhere.

later
tim

ar0ck
09-14-2004, 09:07 PM
The B&M Conversion kit should have the GM Part # written on the box. If you cant find It I'll look for it, because I think I saved it.

I went to the local chevy dealer and got it. The hard part is installing it.

Slow_88
09-14-2004, 09:10 PM
I have the B&M conversion kit for sale if your interested Chris....

Slow Z
09-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I already have the kit but it requires that B style bracket which just so happens to be discontinued from GM. I THINK the A style is the same bracket with only the different style bushing but thats a special order part that'd take forever to get from GM

V
09-15-2004, 07:00 PM
i got the bracket if you still need it, i just happened to come across it this afternoon while looking for an ignition coil bracket. The torque arm bracket i have is that style "B" one and it came off a 88 iroc 5spd car. You can have it for free of course, It does me no good since i mounted the tranny in a g body now, so if you want you can come pick it up or i'll drop it off or we can meet halfway, i'm in zip 07624. let me know if you want it. -paul