PDA

View Full Version : (yea me again) NEED CHEVY DRIVESHAFT(longer than f body) ?

V
09-15-2004, 07:31 PM
i need a driveshaft for my 87 monte ss, its about 43.5 inches. I installed a T5 trans and need the custom size. i have one thats like 43, but i dont feel comfortable using it. I'd like something at least 2.75" diameter, preferably 3". U joints and yoke dont matter, but it needs to be straight. (f bodys ones are about 40") that should be the last "parts needed" post for a while. :twisted: thanks -paul

NJSPEEDER
09-15-2004, 08:47 PM
hmmm, do you have a shop near you that can cut one down for ya?
i know that the mid 80's-early90's gm full size stuff had a nearly 60inch DS.
if you have the measurement the shop can prolly get it taken care of for you in a day. here in the trenton area we have a place called pete's welding that does good work.

later
tim

DieselKickYoAss4Sure
09-15-2004, 09:01 PM
petes welding in trenton is the only place i go to but i guess thats to far

mail it to him!

V
09-15-2004, 11:52 PM
i know a great driveline shop in little ferry on rt 46, not the typical 46 store, Its called joint clutch and gear, right next to rayco II. i got the rear conversion u joint from them and the guy knew the part number off the top of his head. I'd just like to save money by finding one the correct length, but i doubt ill be that lucky. i may just take them the one i have, and have them make me on with my old ends.

84HOtransam
09-17-2004, 03:10 AM
i know a great driveline shop in little ferry on rt 46, not the typical 46 store, Its called joint clutch and gear, right next to rayco II. i got the rear conversion u joint from them and the guy knew the part number off the top of his head. I'd just like to save money by finding one the correct length, but i doubt ill be that lucky. i may just take them the one i have, and have them make me on with my old ends.

new jersey driveline can custom make drive shafts.. there on 46 in clifton.. they mostly deal with heavy duty trucks and tractors but give them a try..

ar0ck
09-17-2004, 10:26 AM

new jersey driveline can custom make drive shafts.. there on 46 in clifton.. they mostly deal with heavy duty trucks and tractors but give them a try..

If they dont work out theirs Universal joint Specialty at the end of Rt. 17 past the white-castle right before the medowlands.

The Fixer
09-17-2004, 12:02 PM

I think that shop is called Driveline, Inc. They shortened my stock SS driveshaft for the T5 conversion a few years back. Had it cut/ high-speed balanced in one day. Price was reasonable too. It's in an industrial area off Rt. 46 near one of the Parkway exits. I think Creamer Construction is at the same location.

84HOtransam
09-18-2004, 02:04 AM

I think that shop is called Driveline, Inc. They shortened my stock SS driveshaft for the T5 conversion a few years back. Had it cut/ high-speed balanced in one day. Price was reasonable too. It's in an industrial area off Rt. 46 near one of the Parkway exits. I think Creamer Construction is at the same location.

yep..some construction company..