PDA

View Full Version : ******** blind spots....

BigAls87Z28
09-16-2004, 11:19 AM
On my way home today from school, I went to pull into the right lane after the ahole in front of me stopped to pull a left hand turn. So I get ready to go in the right lane and all of a sudden I feel this "WHAM" in the back of my car. There was this little Honda Del Sol right in my blind spot, and I totaly didnt see her. I did some good damage to her fender, and banged up her headlight.
My car sufferd limited damages. few scraches and some paint that rubbed off. No one was hurt, and it was a very low speed hit.
The driver of the car was real cool and she didnt get all to stressed out about it. She saw what was going on with the guy in front of me, and she understood.
Kinda upset, but im glad no one got hurt and the damage was limited. I do have a little extra time to get to work though.
Ahhhh boy. What a crappy week.

79dizZy28
09-16-2004, 11:31 AM
ouch, sorry to hear that. nothin you could've done tho :cry:

foff667
09-16-2004, 11:36 AM
sux dude sorry to hear about that.

twiztidz28
09-16-2004, 11:42 AM
yea alex sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a bad driver. at least the women wasn't one of those of my god i cant beleive this and crying lil PITA's

Jersey_TA
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
OUch, Al that really sucks man.

Amy
09-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Were you in the Malibu or the camaro? Sucks either way. :(

TheWraith
09-16-2004, 12:08 PM
i gotta watch myself because the gto has some blind spots. with how high the trunk line is then the spoiler on top, you can tell a car is following you, but you have no chance at telling what it is if it's on your ass, you can only see the top ft or two of it. something really low and narrow like an number of small import sports cars would probably be invisible tailgating me.

I test drove the magnum and the 300 though and those didn't really have blind spots so much as blind zip codes :shock:

pretty much anything that deviates from the standard box-on-top-of-box has blind spots, and the more the designs are pushed, the worse visibility gets. they need to really go to a rear camera system already and get rid of the outdated rear view mirror idea, because then design could get taken to a whole new level. who wants to help me develop a system to sell to the manufacturers and get rich off of? 8)

BigAls87Z28
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
i gotta watch myself because the gto has some blind spots. with how high the trunk line is then the spoiler on top, you can tell a car is following you, but you have no chance at telling what it is if it's on your ass, you can only see the top ft or two of it. something really low and narrow like an number of small import sports cars would probably be invisible tailgating me.

I test drove the magnum and the 300 though and those didn't really have blind spots so much as blind zip codes :shock:

pretty much anything that deviates from the standard box-on-top-of-box has blind spots, and the more the designs are pushed, the worse visibility gets. they need to really go to a rear camera system already and get rid of the outdated rear view mirror idea, because then design could get taken to a whole new level. who wants to help me develop a system to sell to the manufacturers and get rich off of? 8)

Yeah, the Magnum does have some massive blind spots. I belive Infinity/Nissan, Volvo, and VW have system using cameras and sensors in the side of the car to detect cars in your blind spot, and will caution you when you are about to turn. Infinity will start using it this year I belive on there new M35/45.

TheWraith
09-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah, the Magnum does have some massive blind spots. I belive Infinity/Nissan, Volvo, and VW have system using cameras and sensors in the side of the car to detect cars in your blind spot, and will caution you when you are about to turn. Infinity will start using it this year I belive on there new M35/45.

i knew there were manufacturers developing stuff like that and i figured it would be out on stuff already, but a dirt assed cheap system still needs to be developed so it could be equipped on anything across the board. it shouldn't be hard to develop something that could be manufactured for like $50 a shot, considering all the lenses and screens in dirt cheap digital cameras, web cams, etc.

writing software to detect cars in blind spots, etc, is overkill.

BigAls87Z28
09-16-2004, 12:22 PM
And aftermarket system would be pretty cool.
How about putting thoes curb feelers outwards! hehehe. Kidding.

ProtekYoNutz
09-16-2004, 12:30 PM
man ur week really is ******....sry to hear bout the accident...things will turn around... :lol:

Pat
09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
well, you know where to go for body work

The Fixer
09-16-2004, 10:19 PM

The Nissan 350Z is another car with major blindspot activity. My friend (who is totally NOT into cars, BTW) wants to buy one, so he asked me to go with him to give my honest opinion on the car. He's gonna go from a 110 hp 4-door Cavalier to a 287-hp sports car. :shock: Anyway, I test-drove it after him, and that thing has some serious blind-spots, especially for me since I'm only 5'3". After I got back to the dealership, I was going to back the car into a parking spot, and couldn't see anything. It was ridiculous. How anyone could parallel park that thing is beyond me.

The car itself was pretty fun, it was an automagic with the Tiptronic-style shifter. It handles great, but it didn't really feel like it had 287 hp. Maybe they need some break-in miles.

TheWraith
09-16-2004, 11:16 PM
The car itself was pretty fun, it was an automagic with the Tiptronic-style shifter. It handles great, but it didn't really feel like it had 287 hp. Maybe they need some break-in miles.

i've heard those engines definitely don't feel like they have the power they should.

as an aside, i didn't wasn't really impressed by the hemi in the magnum r/t. it didn't have the low end torque i expected a big cube engine (by today's standards anyway) pulling around a heavy wagon to have.

BigAls87Z28
09-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Something about spending 30k for a "station wagon" just doesnt seem right when the GTO exits..and it seems you and I are on the same level. 8)

And now with the pricing falling on the 04's to get ready for the updated 05's, its making me feel like I should have waited 2-3 months to get an 04.

TheWraith
09-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Something about spending 30k for a "station wagon" just doesnt seem right when the GTO exits..and it seems you and I are on the same level. 8)

And now with the pricing falling on the 04's to get ready for the updated 05's, its making me feel like I should have waited 2-3 months to get an 04.

i actually liked the magnum in theory. I own a house and have a project car too so I could certainly use the cargo space. something like the magnum would be my idea of "sport utility" since it should be fun to drive, yet can haul a lot of ****. however test driving it, it wasn't at all what i expected it to be. there's not one thing "sporting" about it at all except the engine and as I said above, that wasn't even really that impressive. it's certainly nothing you can throw into a corner or have much fun with.

Plus the major downfall at least so far is that every magnum RT on dealer lots is loaded with options. That $29,9XX magnum RT is an impossibility unless you order one, which will take months. I don't think the 29-30 price is out of line at all, if it was a typical american car loaded up with rebates to make it actually affordable, but since it's so new there's nothing for rebates, and like i said, you can't find one for 30 either.

89CamaroRS
09-17-2004, 06:21 PM
damn, what is with the car carnage with this club? is that number 7 in just over a month? sorry to hear that Al. blind spots suck.

BigAls87Z28
09-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Well, I got a call from the girl today. She said that for $530, it will fix all her problems. Honestly, it doesnt sound like too bad of a deal.