PDA

View Full Version : Been giving alot of thought about this...sick

foff667
09-16-2004, 07:53 PM
with all this suspension stuff sitting around now and what have you left from the Z im thinking of buying a 97-00 camaro 6 banger :) I would go completely insane on the car (I know Njspder would be down for that) like completely weight nazi on it...ive already got the line lock and this that and the other...im just thinkin it would be cool. I do have a couple of questions if anyone knows the anwser...first would a T56 bolt up? Also in the auto tranny is it a 4l60?

Thanks
Bill= :twisted:

TheWraith
09-16-2004, 08:32 PM
no a t56 wouldn't bolt up, but they do make a v6 version of the t5 that is available with the car. They're good for decent abuse. yes it's a 4l60e but it's specific to the v6.

foff667
09-16-2004, 08:36 PM
no a t56 wouldn't bolt up, but they do make a v6 version of the t5 that is available with the car. They're good for decent abuse. yes it's a 4l60e but it's specific to the v6.

yah just was over checkin out camarov6.com its just got a different bolt pattern...could be made to work but might be more $ then its worth. Im just thinkin all it would take is a 13.6 to be on top of the NA timeslips list though it hasnt been updated in forever lol I think i could get that # fairly easily :)

TheWraith
09-16-2004, 08:51 PM
i don't know what stuff you have left from the 4th gen, but a lot of stuff would bolt onto a thirdgen and you could get one of them dirt cheap. hell there's one with no drivetrain in the classifieds for $150.

foff667
09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
i don't know what stuff you have left from the 4th gen, but a lot of stuff would bolt onto a thirdgen and you could get one of them dirt cheap. hell there's one with no drivetrain in the classifieds for $150.

dont wanna nother 3rd gen...already had 3 lol i wanna have some fun with these v6 guys ;) show em what its all about hehe.

NJSPEEDER
09-16-2004, 09:16 PM
tryin to steal little g's thunder :)
get a newer 3.8 car and we will have a good time. you know the drill by now, lose 500-650lbs and have the only thing anyone sees be the missing back seats :) (i got tricks like that)
as soon as you get, baseline it, then just drop it off at my house and come get it about 2 weeks later. i am saying a full second from weith reduction alone. :)
and dont' forget the hptuners software :)

later
tim

Little G
09-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Please no...

Squirrel
09-16-2004, 09:37 PM
lol....high compression for NA record....high compression + Nitrous for FI record :D

NJSPEEDER
09-16-2004, 10:03 PM
nitrous = weak. real men rock boost :twisted:

no change in compression or anything fancy needed to break those records. they are all pretty soft.
prolly break the NA record with weight reduction, tuning, and externals....right craig :D

later
tim

foff667
09-17-2004, 08:54 AM
i just wanna give craig a good run for his money :) the wife says once the CC is at $0 i can buy it...that should be tops 1 month from now. Im thinking hptuners, weight loss, !cat, add suspension and tires=14's

Tru2Chevy
09-17-2004, 09:30 AM
So Craig, how soon are you getting that daily driver?

- Justin

Little G
09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
i just wanna give craig a good run for his money :) the wife says once the CC is at $0 i can buy it...that should be tops 1 month from now. Im thinking hptuners, weight loss, !cat, add suspension and tires=14's

I'm already ahead. My CC is definitely not at $0 but I don't need permission to buy anything. ha ha

foff667
09-17-2004, 11:47 AM
My CC is definitely not at $0 but I don't need permission to buy anything. ha ha

<-------- :owned:

foff667
09-17-2004, 11:49 AM
you just better hope donald doesnt start taking his retirement fund back from you down at ac :lol:

NJSPEEDER
09-17-2004, 03:38 PM
you just better hope donald doesnt start taking his retirement fund back from you down at ac :lol:

guess we will find out about that tonight :)

so craig, if bill gets the car are the gloves coming off? hehe, i bet that thing won't bog nearly as bad if it was 300lbs or more lighter :)

later
tim

skorpion317
09-17-2004, 03:40 PM

no change in compression or anything fancy needed to break those records. they are all pretty soft.
prolly break the NA record with weight reduction, tuning, and externals....right craig :D

later
tim

tell that to james :D

Mike
09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
bill....what suspension stuff do you have left laying around ??? and would you be willing to part with any of it if this brainchild dosent take form...

foff667
09-17-2004, 06:09 PM
bill....what suspension stuff do you have left laying around ??? and would you be willing to part with any of it if this brainchild dosent take form...

boxed stock panhard bar, spohn adj. poly lca's, bmr tq arm, and um no :) i was but i thought about it and realized I'll buy another fbody come hell or highwater so i might as well just keep the stuff...its not like suspension stuff really wears out.

Tru2Chevy
09-17-2004, 07:37 PM

tell that to james :D

Heh - he does, on a regular basis. :mrgreen:

- Justin

Fasterthanyou
09-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Bill, I've got a GN turbo you might want to try out ;) . I've got 2 and if I don't use them they can be yours. That way you'de be just like Tim only missing 2 cylinders and DE-bored.
I'd like to see what a HP v6 could do. The only big problem I see is the damn 2 valves per cylinder.

NJSPEEDER
09-23-2004, 04:03 PM
The only big problem I see is the damn 2 valves per cylinder.

add enough pressure and you can fake your way around that :D

later
tim

foff667
09-23-2004, 04:16 PM
I figure I'll start out with free or next to free mods then work my way into the power portion...i see craigs made it this far without doing crap to the motor yet and hes still got a bunch of stuff left to do...im figuring ive got my girdle, posi's, TA, LCA's, Line lock...i can make a ram air system pretty easily and I'd probably hav ethe car weighing less then his even with my fat ass in the drivers seat by taking out the pass seat & a/c as well as all the normal stuff that craigs already done. Im pretty sure I can shift as well as craig or at least will get back to that level once i get some seat time in & then start tuning away on the car...figure I'll have a shorted !catback as it were :) in no time as well as probably 4.10's Im not a monster tach guy so I'd probalby just get a shiftlight and pick up some tires that wont kill the car...I'll see what the hoosiers will do at like 30psi at first but i dont think the car will like it...i know the truck didnt and it was a lot faster then this car will be with what im talking about. Oh brakes...are the ls1 brakes larger front and rear or at all?

Little G
09-23-2004, 11:19 PM
I heard that some v6 guys get great traction with 19x7 rims so I think you should try that first.

foff667
09-24-2004, 09:29 AM
I heard that some v6 guys get great traction with 19x7 rims so I think you should try that first.

now craig thats not nice...your a car ahead of me literally...remember who was cool with taking back used parts...remember who gave you the gauge pod for free...remember who gave you some tuning advice...im here to help & give you some friendly competition thats all.