PDA

View Full Version : I want a new car...

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 10:41 AM
For obvious reasons, I'm ready to get rid of my Hyundai. I'm hoping for an accident (that sounds soooo bad) - that's not my fault of course - to total my car so it will get paid off. Or, I'd like to find a good deal at a dealer that'll pay off my car no matter what it's really worth. Anywho, wanna know what car I want?

I'm not copying off of someone, but I saw this car on the road this morning and I love the color and the styling. I want a Grand Prix. I'm not sure if it was a GTP or not, but the color was a deep red (I think it's the Sport Red Metallic listed on GMs site when I tried to build the car). The second I saw it I said "I want it." I followed it down 38 as long as I could lol.

Anywho, I can't afford $24K for a new one, so I gotta try to find a used one. I haven't a clue where to look, and I hate going to dealers particualrly alone. So who wants to go find me my car? Or at least tell me where to start lookin and ways to get rid of my current POS.

And if I find what I want, who will think of a new name for me? I don't think ****OnWheels would cut it anymore lol ;)

foff667
09-21-2004, 11:30 AM
for gp talk go to clubgp.com you'll fit right in over there :roll: in all honesty stick with what you have...you can use it as a beater in the future and youve still got some miles left on the warranty...not our fault you drove 70k miles in 2 years :lol: was it the new body style or the one like I h ave?

ar0ck
09-21-2004, 11:36 AM
I might have a 1985 Trans Am for sale soon. Great project car.

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
for gp talk go to clubgp.com you'll fit right in over there :roll: in all honesty stick with what you have...you can use it as a beater in the future and youve still got some miles left on the warranty...not our fault you drove 70k miles in 2 years :lol: was it the new body style or the one like I h ave?

60 miles in 3 years thanks :) Once a month trips to RI (500 miles round trip) for a year, plus 60 mile round trip 3 - 5 days a week for school for 2 years...it adds up fast lol.

I wanna say it was newer body, but I really only saw it from the ass end, and I never saw your ass (wow that sounds even worse than me wanting to get in an accident). I'm gonna have to stick with my car for now, buy new tires for it (I just realized the treads are a lot lower than I thought....no wonder I hydro plane a lot now lol), get the brakes fixed (tonight), and find out wtf is making noise in my engine bay. But I really do want something different, and liek I said, I loved how that car looked and it's color...oh well.

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm not lookin for a project car. If I got one of them, it wouldn't be MY project, it'd be everyone else's since I know **** about cars other than changing my oil. One day I might go that route, when I have tons of money to spare, and learn to work on cars by buying something and just ****in with it. But that's not for another 10 - 20 years in the future lol.

foff667
09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
[quote="****OnWheelsbut I really only saw it from the ass end, and I never saw your ass.[/quote]

before anyone comments I'll say it you really dont ever wanna see my ass...I know its tempting through jeans but thats about it ;)

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
but I really only saw it from the ass end, and I never saw your ass.

before anyone comments I'll say it you really dont ever wanna see my ass...I know its tempting through jeans but thats about it ;)

rofl

PatriotRedZ
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
The color of my car is Medium Patriot Red. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for but that's it. Paint Code is WA-U9913
http://www.gman250.net/members/cibby/jesse/DSC01643.JPG

foff667
09-21-2004, 11:50 AM

60 miles in 3 years thanks :) Once a month trips to RI (500 miles round trip) for a year, plus 60 mile round trip 3 - 5 days a week for school for 2 years...it adds up fast lol.

I wanna say it was newer body, but I really only saw it from the ass end, and I never saw your ass (wow that sounds even worse than me wanting to get in an accident). I'm gonna have to stick with my car for now, buy new tires for it (I just realized the treads are a lot lower than I thought....no wonder I hydro plane a lot now lol), get the brakes fixed (tonight), and find out wtf is making noise in my engine bay. But I really do want something different, and liek I said, I loved how that car looked and it's color...oh well.

how much longer till its paid off? Im sure it served you well for 60+k miles. As far as making noise from the engine bay maybe its that engine thingy? lol :) Once your outta school making the big bucks im sure you'll get something very nice

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 11:51 AM
The color of my car is Medium Patriot Red. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for but that's it. Paint Code is WA-U9913
http://www.gman250.net/members/cibby/jesse/DSC01643.JPG
Yeah, I'm not sure. If I see your car during daytime I'd know. The color on GMs site that is close is Sport Red Metallic, but I don't think it's the exact color. Might be a custom job too I guess.

From your picture and the GM site, it looks like a shade in between the 2 colors. :shrug:

ShitOnWheels
09-21-2004, 11:54 AM

how much longer till its paid off? Im sure it served you well for 60+k miles. As far as making noise from the engine bay maybe its that engine thingy? lol :) Once your outta school making the big bucks im sure you'll get something very nice

2 more years til payoff. It's done well, yes, and it'll last a lot longer most likely, but I dunno, I'm ready for something else.

HAHA, no, I know what the engine sounds like. BUt you know when the compressor on a fridge starts to die is makes a winding noise (I have one in my garage that's been makin the noise since way before we moved here, so over 5 years)? Well, that's what it sounds like, but it's brief, and only at idle. I opened the hood to see if I could pinpoint where it was comin from, but I can't hear it from there, only from inside the car. I didn't have AC or even teh vent on at all, so I dunno.

WHen it dies, I'll know what was wrong ;)

Untamed
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm not lookin for a project car. If I got one of them, it wouldn't be MY project, it'd be everyone else's since I know **** about cars other than changing my oil. One day I might go that route, when I have tons of money to spare, and learn to work on cars by buying something and just ****in with it. But that's not for another 10 - 20 years in the future lol.

I am. In fact, it sounds perfect. I litterally need "**** on wheels" right now to be able to afford it. If its been thrashed, bashed and maybe crashed, and you need to find a home where it will be cared for and brought back to life (man that just sounded so cheesy) I'm interested.

TheWraith
09-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm not copying off of someone, but I saw this car on the road this morning and I love the color and the styling. I want a Grand Prix. I'm not sure if it was a GTP or not, but the color was a deep red (I think it's the Sport Red Metallic listed on GMs site when I tried to build the car). The second I saw it I said "I want it." I followed it down 38 as long as I could lol.

where were you 4 weeks ago? :shock:

i traded in my redfire metallic 2000 gtp on my 04 gto. I would have sold it privately for dirt assed cheap compared to what dealers are looking for on them.
http://www.poorformance.net/gtp/gtp2002-1.jpg

the only thing wrong with it was it had a slight nyc pinstripe up the passenger side, but the dealer might have fixed that.

I traded the car in at Key Pontiac in Bethlehem PA, and my brother traded in his 2001 navy blue metallic GTP the next day at the same dealer, also for an 04 gto. If you're willing to take a ride, one or both cars might be on their lot now, and I can tell you exactly what they paid us for trade ins on both cars, not to mention the whole history of both cars. We were both the original owners of the cars. Key Pontiac is on Rt 22 and 512, about 25 minutes into pa on 22 coming through phillipsburg. I can give you the phone number for the dealer and the salesman i talked to and everything if you're really interested.

ar0ck
09-21-2004, 02:37 PM
All my car needs is a good rear end and you can run mid 14's all day long for only $2500 o.b.o