PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sounding LT-1 Exhaust

ar0ck
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Im going to be in the market for a cat-back very soon. The car Im getting has a rusty cat-back (the only rust) And has a hole in it. So that means time to buy a new cat back (oh noes :twisted: )

I was looking around and I really like the sound of the Corsa cat-back exhaust. http://www.corsaperf.com/flashcam-fire.htm

My personal requirments, are a nice rumbly idle, loud WOT, a gurgle when I let off the gas, and possibly running an off-road Y-pipe. (M6 car) And no Flowmastuhs.

j0n
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
slp loudmouth w/ no cats...the most badass sounding exhaust on the market

foff667
09-21-2004, 12:04 PM

badass eh, loud yes, annoying yes it gets old real quick.

Tru2Chevy
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM

Keep your thoughts to yourself old man....ask Randy how much he misses his Loudmouth

- Justin

j0n
09-21-2004, 12:06 PM

Keep your thoughts to yourself old man....ask Randy how much he misses his Loudmouth

- Justin

if its too loud you're too old

foff667
09-21-2004, 01:03 PM

- Justin

i Like loud exhausts as much as the next guy but you couldnt hear the person next to you talk with my borla...and randy's lm was still louder inside and out by far even with the stock converter....whereas i was at 3000+ rpms at almost all times...with no cats its loud.

Tru2Chevy
09-21-2004, 02:19 PM
...with no cats its loud.

So? That's the point :lol:

They don't call it a LOUDmouth just because it flows well.

- Justin

Squirrel
09-21-2004, 09:31 PM
cant go wrong with the Hooker...DeadTrend(Tim) has it on his car, ask him how he likes it...cheapest out there and from what ive heard from vids its mean...theres an LT1 around here with borla, sounds good...
go to www.ls1sounds.com , theres a couple LT1's on there...the LM is good, only with cats though, w/o cats, it gets very ugly sounding IMO, not a big fan of it

1RawTA
09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
i would go with a borla or the SLP LM... i have the loudmouth with longtube headers... it sounds badass... but sometimes getts annoying

ar0ck
09-21-2004, 11:08 PM
i would go with a borla or the SLP LM... i have the loudmouth with longtube headers... it sounds badass... but sometimes getts annoying

Does TTP have any deals on parts?

1RawTA
09-21-2004, 11:38 PM

Does TTP have any deals on parts?

on waht kind of parts? im not sure about lt1 parts though.. we have deals on clutchs, rears, and headers right now.. but these are for the ls1 cars

foff667
09-22-2004, 11:42 AM
one that wasnt mentioned is tsp's rumbler...basically a LM with a bullet already in it.

Pat
09-22-2004, 11:48 AM
i like my magnaflow, but not sure how it sounds on an lt1

JL8Jeff
09-22-2004, 12:50 PM

That's not a badass sound, that's an obnoxious sound. :x And if you're running a Loudmouth with no cats you're just asking for a ticket.

The GMMG chambered system sounds pretty good on the LT1's. The SLp 2 on the left also sounds great, but it looks funny without pipes on each side.

stadtnw
09-22-2004, 04:17 PM
I like the corsa and gmmg cat backs.

ar0ck
09-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I forgot about price lol. Some of those sewer pipes are pretty pricey. And I think the SLP was the cheapest lol

Squirrel
09-22-2004, 05:15 PM
hooker and magnaflow are both around 300 bucks and are both good sounding systems

ar0ck
09-22-2004, 09:17 PM
one that wasnt mentioned is tsp's rumbler...basically a LM with a bullet already in it.

Im going with the TSP Tumbler. With the tips it came to just a tad under $300

Texas Speed & Performance Rumbler Catback Exhaust System With Smoked Tips
Price: $274.99

ArCoLoG2
09-22-2004, 10:56 PM
I personally don't like hearing sounds from LS1sounds.com....Every single car on there is cold started and rev'ed. Any car with any exhaust on this god forsaken planet sounds bad when you do that, it's just not the way to make a decision. Personally, I agree with people about the loudmouth beng raspy and sounding like ****, but thats only on start up, once that sucker is warmed up taking it easy down the street a little, it's amazing...Especially on the LT-1, that cast iron block provides for a deeper, more throaty sound than the LS-1. I've dealt with both, and everyone misses the way my 97 WS-6 with the LM sounded.

Talk to you later

Dave

foff667
09-23-2004, 09:08 AM
mines on there...borla, tsp 231/237, no tune :twisted:

Blackbirdws6
09-24-2004, 01:35 AM
I like the corsa personally. Even though I dont have that exhaust I do like how they sound. I'm in love with mine....hooker LT's, no cats, mufflex Y, dynomax ultraflow muffler. I also have a handy electric cutout for when I really wanna shake windows.

mysticwarrior
09-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Magnaflow. It's MUCH deeper and louder in the LT1 than in the LS1. This is because of diferences in cam ,converters and y pipe. That extra 15 HP or so
doesn't hurt either.

ar0ck
09-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Ive only heard the magnaflow on an LS1 car and I wasnt impressed.

Still it looks like im going with the Texas Speed & Performance "Rumbler" Cat-back.

inthered
09-27-2004, 12:48 PM
I have a borla setup and it sounds pretty nice...

I once had a hooker aerochamber muffler...I got a lot of compliments from that one.

SpeakersGoBoom
09-30-2004, 11:19 PM
im considering a new exhaust. I've read theres something out there that sounds throaty but relatively quiet at idle and low rpms, but as soon as you gun it, it gets real loud. not obnoxious, but powerful sounding. i heard it once on a trans am when i was out getting ice cream. saw it passing by, and said to myself "nice car." turned around and a second later that this was taking off ROARING. When i go out, i want something impressive sounding, but it cant be continually loud. I usually get up early/come home late, and i dont want to wake anyone. chances are im in trouble for getting home as late as i do, and i dont wanna make an announcement that i'm home if i can just slip in unnoticed. btw, im running on a stock exhaust (well, not STOCK stock, but stock style. single exhaust with dual outlet. it was put on my car by the machine shop that rebuilt my engine. Engine is under warrenty, does anyone know if a dual exhaust will void the warrenty on the engine?)

kamikaz
10-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Love Flowmaster,don't know why,but sure sounds tough coming down the street. :twisted:

Santos

Fastbird
10-04-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one:

Random Technologies.

I have it and it' pure ear candy. Low rumbly exhaust (sounds great on a head/cam setup!!), and I"ve been told the car sounded like a "freakin nascar" back in my bolt on days.

deadtrend1
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I like mine a lot. Few reasons is when I had my 305 tbi bird, I ran no cat and a flowmaster 80 out of 3 inch tips and it seemed to "pop" to much for my taste.

The hooker had the dual/dual tips for one so it filled the holes in my gfx real well. Its a bit quiet at low rpms and gets loud as hell when I jump on it. Plus its cheap too and i am pretty sure it was stainless to boot.

Heres two somewhat pics of the tips (dont have any straight on) ... passenger side is a little off centered.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tstrella/ta/dcp1741.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tstrella/ta/dcp1831.jpg