PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Pontiac T/A for Sale

ar0ck
09-21-2004, 03:43 PM
I have to sell my beloved 3rd gen soon. Im asking $2,500. If I totaled up all the bills its well over $4,000. The engine is fairly strong yet smooth running, but the transmisson needs work, but currently shifts flawlessly. The engine does not over-heat, smoke, or have a rough idle... And has run a best of 14.98 @ 89mph on the original rear end. Theirs still plenty of room for improvment . The drivetrain has a total somewhere around 2,500 miles on it, and the body & rear have seen 156k. THEIR IS NO RUST! The body is perfectly straight. The paint still has plenty of gloss left to it. This car looks beautifull when well taken care of.

It does not have A/C or emmisions and still has a valid NJ inspection sticker for another year. I have a 1LE A/C delete pannel with working blower, but it has not been installed yet.

The car must go! My parents wont let me keep it in the driveway, and I have to make room for a new car. I am willing to negotiate.

862-684-7855 Alex

www.cardomain.com/id/alex301

maroman88
09-21-2004, 09:58 PM
whats the new car???

Untamed
09-22-2004, 10:44 AM
*snaps fingers* Wish I had the money. Another 3rd gen sliding by.

j0n
09-22-2004, 11:33 AM
i miss my third gen...i know i could get some decent $ from my current car but my parents would kill me if i got a third car but i want another third gen specially one for that price in that condition...godammit [/rant]

ar0ck
09-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Seriously make an offer....

It has to go. It can sit in my driveway no longer then a month. My mom might try and donate it on me. And I really dont want that to happen.

ShitOnWheels
09-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Seriously make an offer....

It has to go. It can sit in my driveway no longer then a month. My mom might try and donate it on me. And I really dont want that to happen.
If I had the money I'd consider it just to have ppl show me how to work on it. But alas, planning for grad school and spending a good $700 in the past month just on grad school stuff alone makes it difficult to come up with anything near $2500.

If you don't sell it in a month, is there a friend's or other relative's house you could park it at for short-term? ****, I'd offer driveway space if you were nearby (well, that is if my dad doesn't have a prob with it...damn living at home).

ar0ck
09-24-2004, 11:03 AM
I already discussed that with my parents, and I couldnt afford to mod or maintain both cars. This sale will help with my payment and mod's

$2,100 O.B.O It has to go quickly. Its not being advertised to the public; Board only exclusive. It will be down at Ewing on Saturday. After that, I have to put it out to the public (will be jacking up the price).

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/385000-385999/385818_65_full.jpg
buy me

ar0ck
09-28-2004, 09:09 PM
MUST GO! If you bring cash asap I'll let it go for $1,500.

Untamed
09-29-2004, 09:32 AM
I won't insult you with what I'm able to pay. Try ebay or NJ.COM

SpeakersGoBoom
09-30-2004, 11:43 PM
My girlfriend is looking for a car, and she (like me) has a HUGE thing for trans ams. I have to see how much she has. I can tell you that it isnt much, but I can assure you that it will definately be in good, loving hands. I saw it at school. I like it a lot. it was almost creapy driving around in mine and seeing that. What kinda engine is in it?

ar0ck
10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Im willing to negotiate the price. I have a few people interested, but no one has come by to check it out yet. Its still insured so you can see it up-close and ride in it whenever you want.

But its a mild 350ci, with all the typical bolt ons.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm hanging out with her on sunday. Any chance you'll be around? She wants to see it.

ar0ck
10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm hanging out with her on sunday. Any chance you'll be around? She wants to see it.

Yep, I'll be home all day.

If need be give me a call @ 862-684-7855, I live in Hawthorne.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Lexi talked to her dad and he sounded interested. she said shed give you a call, but in case she doesnt, just letting you know that they want to look at it sometime this week (shes going to CT on the weekend) if your not there, would you be able to leave it in the street? her dad just wants to see it first i think.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Talked to her last night. Lexi says her dad seemed impressed with what he saw. He knows he it doesnt have a cat, but he doesnt care "easy to put on" were his exact words, according to lexi. Next step is getting her mom on board. (fingers crossed)

ar0ck
10-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Well keep me updated, its only going to be insured for another week.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-09-2004, 11:57 AM
>its Lexi...
i took my dad to see it nd my step dad too hes helping me with convincing my mother (who isnt speaking to me atm bc of sum thing or another) newayz i basically jus need to see wat i have 2 offer. if u want give me a call. 201-675-2584 im alwayz available. and asap i kno wats goin out with the parents ill give u a call. i RRREEEAAAALLLLLLLIII want that car. hehe. <3s T/as *nd im not gunna b in CT this weekend. so thatll make this a lil easier. //// ok im gunna stop being all cheezy now. but i do realli like that car. ill get bak 2 u as soon as i can.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Lexi, get your own username. Vito would be proud of ME, not you.

Oddball
10-13-2004, 06:42 PM
This thread gives me a chuckle for some strange reason. Good luck Lexi i hope you can get it. Third gens belong in loving hands.

Trans Am Chick
10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
heh thanx oddball i did get the t/a nd i AM in love with it... dont worri hun.... i still love u..... too.... lol nd r u happy i finally got my own user name?!? hahaha newayz thanx 4 everything Alex. im SOOO happy. nd ull see me around soon enough . I get my license in feb. hopefully. :-D :burnout:
heh newayz yes im very excited about the car. but ill stop talking now... i tend to talk 2 much...

<3alwayz Lexi

P.S. Pix will come soon :: along with pix of my baby's T/A :: :lol:

SpeakersGoBoom
10-14-2004, 08:44 AM
i tend to talk 2 much...

Yes you do.

Princess Fiona: He TALKS?!
Shrek: Yea, its gettin' him to SHUT UP thats the hard part!

Trans Am Chick
10-14-2004, 11:58 AM
gee thanx hun... im trying to control myself... i LOVE the car tho. nd who cares... im @ skule... its not like ur trying to call me atm.. :-D u do talk a lot too just its alwayz about cars... nd i hated it cuz i cudnt talk about cars... basically cuz i didnt have one but now i do. nd i love it so im gunna talk about it all that i want. i cud go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on (k now i think i got the point accross) AND ON about the car. nd ull havta listen. b/c i listened to u the ENTIRE TIME IVE KNOWN U! :-P

btw... I love you...

<3Alwayz Lexi

89 Trans Am WS6
10-14-2004, 02:22 PM
What? get mom on the board..i got a mint 89 TA for sale btw hah

SpeakersGoBoom
10-14-2004, 06:16 PM
her mother is a ford person. All the more reason that its good I saved lexi from that. Now if I can only get her off of her mustang fetish...face it babe. Your dads mustang is finished. If he had worked on it sooner, it probably could have been saved. how long has it been now? That thing is probably rusted to the FRAME by now.

Trans Am Chick
10-14-2004, 07:00 PM
i do not have a mustang fetish nemore at least... nd the onli reason i DID have one is bc my dad has one nd i wanted to work on cars so bad... face it i was desperate. i still dont kno **** about cars... onli a lil bit nd if my dad had let me work on his mustang i think i at least wud have known a LIL more not that u can learn TOO much from them....

I HEART<3 MY TRANS AM!!!!

SpeakersGoBoom
10-15-2004, 08:07 AM
i do not have a mustang fetish nemore at least...

Thank God thats over.

Untamed
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Don't worry. After going to the first Fudds meeting in Bridgewater, I was humbled by just how much I -don't- know about engines. Listen to the gear heads spout off at meets and other parts of the forum, and you'll pick stuff up fast. Helps to actually have the car so you can jump onto the engine block and pound away with your newfound skills. :wink:

I'm the pathetic one trying to learn -without- having the F-body to work on. So many GTA's for sale, so little money....

- Dave

SpeakersGoBoom
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
from what im told, theres an 84 z28 with a 305 and 5 speed for sale in park ridge for about $250. again from what I hear, the car is in immaculate condition. high milage, but the engine works fine, the trannys fine, and the interiors imacculate. perfect condition...as long as u dont count the fact that the fender and hood are destroyed from an accident. :lol:

SpeakersGoBoom
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
it looks like a good fixer upper.

Trans Am Chick
10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
heh i kno wat u mean. im so happy i can at least see wat theyre talking about... if u speak slow i can sorta catch on... but karl usually hasta xplain things 2 nd 3 times b4 i understand him... but hes good about it usually. I love him. hes good 2 me. :oops: i cant wait to come to a meet... just a matter of wen i have off... :'( working crazy hours latelly. my dads gunna help me with keeping up my car. nd im probli gunna chance the transmission in the near future. at this point... i cant wait to wash it even. i sorta wish i cud see it every day but then that wud b more of a tease... to both of us... of course for all the times ive washed karl's trans am... he better come over and help me wash mine! hehe.

<3Alwayz Lexi

V
10-16-2004, 01:07 AM
speakersgoboom, i still havent looked at that ttop bag yet, but i will tomorrow. by the way, that 84 z28 still for sale in park ridge? i may consider grabbing it. I just bought a '70 body for my 79 vette so thats gonna get done first but i wouldnt mind adding a 37th car to my list :twisted:

SpeakersGoBoom
10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
not sure if the camero is still for sale. tony told me it was for sale, but he said he went to go look at it like, last year. anyway, if you wanna try, ill show you where it is. BTW, the trans am in closter that you said had the hood i wanted...did it look like this? (the hood at least)
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/TA87DAYTONAHDHIWING.JPG