PDA

View Full Version : Z28 Issues

CamguyZ28
09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for me. My 94 Z28's passenger side door is having issues. The outside skin is seperating from the rest of the door. Also, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but my paint is fading in a serious way.

foff667
09-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Just curious if anyone has any recommendations for me. My 94 Z28's passenger side door is having issues. The outside skin is seperating from the rest of the door. Also, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but my paint is fading in a serious way.

well if you had talked to me a week ago i wouldve had a pass. door for ya, but its sold now...never heard of them separating though...a 94 fading badly is not completely common but not unheard of...your talking about an 11 year old car that if not treated wonderfully can fade over that time.

BlueFBird
09-22-2004, 11:54 AM
my car door did the same thing i brought it to a body shop and they put a special glue and its been doing fine since

The Fixer
09-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Any idea if the car was previously hit? And what color is it? GM's dark colors don't last very long out in the elements. I know both the black and burgundy '94-'96 Impalas can fade pretty badly if not taken care of.

Little G
09-22-2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005942

This is in Louisiana but he only wants $100.

CamguyZ28
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the camaro is black, I've talked to other people about it and it was a GM general problem with the primer. I've only had the car for a year now. Also, I'm very interested in this glue thing, I tried Epoxy, and that didn't hold. I didn't want to take it to a shop ( I like to do things myself) but I think I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tips guys.