PDA

View Full Version : raced my friend's '97 Z28

skorpion317
09-22-2004, 10:38 AM
my friend and i constantly talk smack about each other (friendly competition). he's got a black A4 '97 camaro Z28. we were driving around last night, and caught a red light. i threw a rev, and he shot right back, LT1-style. i bring the revs up to just over 1000, i hear him doing the same. Light turns green, and i get a little tire chirp, good launch. my friend, on the other hand, had his revs around 1500 or so, and spun the tires off the launch. he let off, then jammed on the gas again, spinning them even more. by this time, i'm about 4 car lengths ahead laughing my *** off. i slowed down and threw on my hazards just to piss him off. we stopped later and i started making fun of him for losing. i know he woulda killed me if he had traction, but he didn't, so score one for me :headbang:

79dizZy28
09-22-2004, 10:44 AM
nice kill, traction is one of my favorite worries from having a V8 hehe :burnout:

Tru2Chevy
09-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Hehehe - nice kill.

Problem with owning V8 RWD musclecar:

No traction --> work on suspension --> car hooks --> add power --> no traction --> work on suspension --> car hooks --> add power --> no traction...........

I guess not have traction isn't too big of a problem :wink:

- Justin