PDA

View Full Version : 88 iroc hatch, 91 firebird hatch, 85 bird hatch..$10 each!!!

V
09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
88 iroc hatch, no spoiler, but has wiring for 3rd brake light.. $10

91 firebird hatch, for use with top mount brake light(inside), w/spoiler(flat straight style), was/is tinted(needs to be redone)... $10

85 firebird hatch, w/spolier(flat straight style)... $10

this is a great deal if you're looking for a hatch... i just want them gone and i dont feel like sending them to the junkyard with my next parts car.

SpeakersGoBoom
10-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Last night, when you said your subs blew out your rear glass, what did you do to keep them from blowing out the next hatch? how did you reinforce the glass?

V
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
I dont think theres a real way to reinforce it, I shattered the hatch about a week before i got my caddy STS so i just put a spare hatch i had on it and i took the amp out for my new car, I sold the speakers and then i just had the box laying around, which i finally just left outside since i had no room, and over time and with rain it just fell apart. Now with my SS when i turn up the bass, you can actually see the rear glass pulsate up and down, its a matter of time i think before that breaks too, but when it does i'll just find another glass section and replace it.

oh and i found the remote for the radio in yours friends iroc, ill keep it in my SS so the next time you see me, remind me about it.

Tru2Chevy
10-04-2004, 10:26 AM
I've heard people say that if you tint your back window it can help avoid having your subs shatter it. That trick worked on my friends minivan with a pair of 10's in it.

- Justin

V
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
the window on my gta was tinted, and had a large firebird decal on the outside, i saved that section of broken glass which was held together by the tint and the decal. My ss hatch is also tinted so i hope it does help some.