PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna give a hand pulling my ls1 this weekend?

foff667
10-05-2004, 09:12 AM
as the title states im gonna need a hand pulling the motor...the wiring harness is 97% removed minus a couple of grounds on the back of the motor, and starter needs to be removed & the motor will be ready to pull but i am gonna need an extra hand or two of course I'll buy lunch or dinner whatever depending on the time everyone wants to help.

Thanks
Bill

Tru2Chevy
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
I can probably give you a hand on Sunday afternoon.....Saturday is completely booked

- Justin

twiztidz28
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
depending on money by the end of the week and if i have gas or not and if i dont get up in time for SLP day which i really want to go to I can make it down saturday to help ya. dont matter what time as long as i am up.

foff667
10-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Personally I think I'd probably rather do it on sunday since my wife & kid will be out for most of the afternoon so I can do whatever needs to be done...I'll get all the odds and ends done today and tomorrow so we can just pull the motor & be done with it...Now I just gotta make room in my garage :) anyone wanna buy a 4.3 block? :lol:

Blackbirdws6
10-05-2004, 01:22 PM
saw ur sig....sorry to hear ur car is hurtin. i would give ya a hand except im stuck at rutgers. Exams are all over my ass. I wanted to say goodluck anyway though

foff667
10-05-2004, 02:04 PM
saw ur sig....sorry to hear ur car is hurtin. i would give ya a hand except im stuck at rutgers. Exams are all over my ass. I wanted to say goodluck anyway though

im not, probably the best thing to happen to me in a long time...i was ok, cc debit is almost nill now...before the accident it had peaked at $7900, I've got a nice family car now in the GTP & did i mention my cc debit is almost nothing? hehe cars break or get broken you move on I'll have another one before you know it.

ar0ck
10-05-2004, 02:07 PM
You can pull an LS1 from the front?

foff667
10-05-2004, 03:03 PM
You can pull an LS1 from the front?

no actually its mid engine front wheel drive so no :lol: actually yes you can pull it out of the front...either through the bottom lifting the chassis off the motor or motor out under the hood at a good angle.

ar0ck
10-05-2004, 03:12 PM
I dont think im doing much this weekend. But if your interested I have an engine balancer thing to help pull the motor out at an angle.

NJSPEEDER
10-05-2004, 03:34 PM
i could arrange to be there :)
gimme a call when you wanna get started on it.
did you order teh tuff to put it in the truck yet? hehe we can try to do the high speed transplant :)

later
tim

foff667
10-05-2004, 04:06 PM
i could arrange to be there :)
gimme a call when you wanna get started on it.
did you order teh tuff to put it in the truck yet? hehe we can try to do the high speed transplant :)

later
tim

its not a high speed transplant type of thing, kmember needs to be cut, boxed & welded back up, new oil pan & pickup & the sheild needs to be cut in the pan. Just pulling it is the main plan right now...putting it in SHOULD be a one man job if i take the front end off the truck :)

Tru2Chevy
10-05-2004, 04:17 PM
...putting it in SHOULD be a one man job if i take the front end off the truck :)

Pulling the front end off of a truck is easy, with the right tools....

De Tyler and a sledgehammer:
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/B1.jpg

Timmy's big strong arms:
http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/B2.jpg

And lots of hard work (and liquid encouragement) to make it look like this:

http://www.njfboa.org/JustinImages/B3.jpg

:D

- Justin

Ian
10-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I'd like to help, but I'm leaving for North Carolina tomorrow and I wont be back until sunday night. Best of luck to you though.

foff667
10-05-2004, 06:15 PM
I dont think im doing much this weekend. But if your interested I have an engine balancer thing to help pull the motor out at an angle.

thanks for the offer, I've already got one, but if youd like to lend a hand I wouldnt say no :)

bad64chevelle
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
hey man I would love to help if ya need a hand...let me know as long as my Z doesnt take another dive on me!.... Let me know and im always happy to lend a hand where needed!

Blackbird you have PM....but if you see this first, Where at Rutgers are ya? I am stuck here also on Livingston Campus...let me know!

foff667
10-05-2004, 07:49 PM
hey man I would love to help if ya need a hand...let me know as long as my Z doesnt take another dive on me!.... Let me know and im always happy to lend a hand where needed!

Blackbird you have PM....but if you see this first, Where at Rutgers are ya? I am stuck here also on Livingston Campus...let me know!

your more then welcome to come lend a hand :)

foff667
10-05-2004, 07:51 PM
well I got alot done on the car today, got the wiring harness & starter out...Just basically the Torque arm & 2 motor mounts & its ready to be pulled :) hopefully it will go as smoothly as it sounds :)

bad64chevelle
10-05-2004, 07:58 PM
OK well what day will you be doing it? where are you in Trenton? Let me know whats going on and hopefully we can set something up!

foff667
10-05-2004, 08:06 PM
OK well what day will you be doing it? where are you in Trenton? Let me know whats going on and hopefully we can set something up!

at the end of 206 where it meets s. broad st...stay on broad for like 2 miles make a right after the quick check on the right, go down about 4 blocks to woodland and make a right im at 707 woodland st 08610

foff667
10-05-2004, 08:07 PM
what day will you be doing it?

sunday

bad64chevelle
10-05-2004, 08:09 PM
OK sounds good. Let me see how the week goes with the camaro, and if it doesnt blow up on me, ill be there! if you need more hands i have some buddies that would probably be more than happy to help
Its up to you....My one friend lives up towards you kind of...His name is Nick hes working on a Granada thats built up and stuff...so as long as the opti doesnt crap out, or the car doesnt entirely break down on me count me in!

foff667
10-06-2004, 10:42 AM
OK sounds good. Let me see how the week goes with the camaro, and if it doesnt blow up on me, ill be there! if you need more hands i have some buddies that would probably be more than happy to help
Its up to you....My one friend lives up towards you kind of...His name is Nick hes working on a Granada thats built up and stuff...so as long as the opti doesnt crap out, or the car doesnt entirely break down on me count me in!

really im just looking for 2 extra sets of hands 3 tops...if you tim & justin can make it that would be fine...you know how it goes though things come up and sometimes people cant make it so havin a couple of extras at hand is never a bad thing :)

twiztidz28
10-06-2004, 11:34 AM

at the end of 206 where it meets s. broad st...stay on broad for like 2 miles make a right after the quick check on the right, go down about 4 blocks to woodland and make a right im at 707 woodland st 08610

**** your directions for me werent that easy. :lol:

foff667
10-06-2004, 03:57 PM

**** your directions for me werent that easy. :lol:

he only lives a few miles away in bordentown...you however have to go and live in north ass jersey :lol:

bad64chevelle
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
ok foff i am most likely going to be doing a opti switch this weekend, along with some other tests on Fuel pressure and other crap...sunday is looking good, ill keep ya posted on what happens...sound good?

foff667
10-07-2004, 06:50 AM
sounds fine with me :)

bad64chevelle
10-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Ok well i had to order the Opti last night and will hopefully get it today. I will be workin on gettin it in tomorrow and if all goes well ill be there sunday...what time would you like me to help?
Jon

foff667
10-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Ok well i had to order the Opti last night and will hopefully get it today. I will be workin on gettin it in tomorrow and if all goes well ill be there sunday...what time would you like me to help?
Jon

anytime after 1pm is usually good.

Mike
10-10-2004, 12:49 AM
bill, if your still at it at 7 give me a ring, i wouldnt mind working on somthing that is meant to be where it is (spent 30+ hours since friday doing a motor swap in my buddies civic.....had to make a harness, and modify the ecu anddddd make a motor mount :))

foff667
10-10-2004, 10:45 AM
bill, if your still at it at 7 give me a ring, i wouldnt mind working on somthing that is meant to be where it is (spent 30+ hours since friday doing a motor swap in my buddies civic.....had to make a harness, and modify the ecu anddddd make a motor mount :))

if nobody shows by two im just gonna head out...i removed the motor out of the truck by myself so im sure i can take it out of this car too...just figured it would be nice to get a hand :)

foff667
10-10-2004, 06:22 PM
as expected nobody showed so i got to most of the little **** that still needed to be taken off like the water pump, pulley, front sway bar, oil pressure sender, and I took off to watch some of the football games over my dads house since hes got the football pack on satallite :) then came back and sold my hood to someone on ls1tech.com and now here I am chillin again...hopefully some night this week I'll unhook the tq arm & pull the motor...again if anyone wants to help I'd appriciate it.

Tru2Chevy
10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Sorry I didn't make it over....my mom got something under her contact and scratched her cornea this morning, so Tim and I drove up to the farm to drive my dad's truck home tonight. I'm free Monday and Thursday of this week, so if you'll be working on it either of those nights let me know.

- Justin

bad64chevelle
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Hey Foff I am truly sorry my opti swap became the biggest B*tch ever! i couldnt get ahold of the right tools until this morning and from 8 am till about 9 this evening i was pluggin away at it...Once again I am really really sorry about that.

foff667
10-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Foff I am truly sorry my opti swap became the biggest B*tch ever! i couldnt get ahold of the right tools until this morning and from 8 am till about 9 this evening i was pluggin away at it...Once again I am really really sorry about that.

its all good I'll live...maybe some time this week we can try again, justin said monday or thursday...im pretty much free everyday except friday so whatever :)

JL8Jeff
10-12-2004, 10:07 AM
If you still need a hand, let me know. Is the car inside or outside? The weather looks pretty lousy for Thursday and Friday. I can offer a hand Wednesday and possibly Sunday.

foff667
10-12-2004, 11:41 AM
thanks for the offer jeff...if its still in the car on sunday I'll let you know and maybe we can try that again...hopefully justin can give a hand on thursday & we'll have out with little issue.

Tru2Chevy
10-12-2004, 12:26 PM
...hopefully justin can give a hand on thursday & we'll have out with little issue.

Hopefully the weather will change, 'cos they are currently calling for 80% chance of rain for Thursday

- Justin

foff667
10-12-2004, 02:47 PM
...hopefully justin can give a hand on thursday & we'll have out with little issue.

Hopefully the weather will change, 'cos they are currently calling for 80% chance of rain for Thursday

- Justin

dat sux