PDA

View Full Version : Hearing a noise...

slasherbarb
10-05-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm starting to hear a couple of noises in the rear. ONe, when I am in drive and at a complete stop, I hear a loud rattling in the rear. And the other is, everytime I make a turn(left or right) at a high speed, I hear what seems to be a high pitched grinding sound. I know that Camaros are infamous for chasis noise, but I just wanna make sure that it's nothing serious. If anyone has an idea of what it is, let me know. Thanks.

twiztidz28
10-05-2004, 10:48 AM
you wanna take a ride in my car. my signature doesnt say help me fix the rattles for nothing. I honestly have no idea what noises your car is make nor do know where mine are coming from. tonight im getting underthe car and seeing what the hell is going on. I need to adjust my rear calipers cause i think that is one of them swaybars front and rear and jst shake **** around and see what i get.

foff667
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
is it coming from your 10 bolt rear or just the rear area of the car?...i would say get it up on jackstands and go to work on figuring out your noise...id start by changing your diff fluid as this is usually one of the most ignored maintenence things. If it comes out in chunks youve found your problem :)

HardcoreZ28
10-05-2004, 12:27 PM
First noise sounds like your cat heat shield. Second one I have no idea...could be the brake pads just starting to wear to the sensors...you usually first hear them when turning. Pull the wheels and check them out.