PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough / Raritan

Untamed
10-06-2004, 12:06 PM
If anyone is headed north on 206 in the evening hours, and passes by Sarah Jane's restaurant on northbound 206, look for a blue, third gen firebird that is always parked in the parkinglot. The owner must work there because its there just about every night.

I head southbound on 206 past there every day, however doing a U turn to get back up there is a real pain. If you have a flyer handy and plan to run by, stop a sec and flyer the car?

AliWantsNss
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
That is my favorite restaurant. Sooooo good. Oh, i see that car alot too.

Ian
10-06-2004, 10:14 PM
If no one flyers it by monday, I'll do it. I can't now because I am in north carolina right now.

Untamed
10-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Incidently, one of the managers at the Stop and Shop in Hillsborough drives a 00-02 cherry red Firebird Formula. I didn't have any fliers with me at the time, but watched him pull in this morning. If I wasn't half dead from lack of coffee, I might have taken a min or three to chat.

He saw me looking his direction and probably thought I was a freak. :lol:

Ian
10-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I'll try and flyer that one too when I get back. :twisted:

Ian
10-18-2004, 10:39 AM
well, I flyered the one in front of sara janes, now I am gonna try to find stop and shop formy. Oh yeah, I saw a fourth gen parked at the wawa in montgomerey on 206. Don't know if its always there or what, but I'll check if its still there. :)

Ian
10-18-2004, 11:59 AM
I flyered the stop and shop formy! :P Now I gotta find some more cars to flyer.

Untamed
10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Well done Ian. The only other one I can point out with regularity is a black 4th gen TA thats parked at a business on northbound 206 across from a garage that used to be a gas station. I think its a furniture place.

The person who owns it is there all day, and usually backs the car into a parking spot. Since he's on the northbound side I cant get there in the evenings, and never remember to take flyers in the mornings (plus Im half asleep behind the wheel like most people and just dont want to stop that early). If you're headed north and pass Sarah Janes, look for that small business on the right. You'll see the TA there.

Untamed
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I've also seen this nutball in a 4th gen silver TA fly around the Exxon station on 206 across from the Pathmark / Lowes complex. Crazy sombutch.

Oh wait, that's Stacy. :wink:

lt14mla
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey guys Im new to this board. I have a 1997 Formula Firebird with a few mods. I live in Hillsborough as I see some of you do. I belong to a few other F body fourms as well. I look forward to talking and possiblity meeting you all.
-Lou
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/570000-570999/570959_91_full.jpg

Tru2Chevy
10-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the club!

- Justin

Untamed
10-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the club Lou. If your backyard is any indicator, looks like you may live close to the high school right? I live right around the corner from it, though there's no F-bod in the driveway to tip ya off.

In fact, I think Ian was about to lower the price of his GTA to $500, right Ian? Give up that ol' Hillsborough Special Pricing? :wink:

- Dave

Ian
10-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Sorry man, I'm not dropping it that low. Maybe in a few weeks though. Hey lou, I saw you driving on amwell a couple weeks ago and gave you the thumbs up and to waved to me. I was in my GTA (white with black hood). I wanted to flyer your car, but I never saw you parked anywhere.

lt14mla
10-26-2004, 08:39 PM
yea i've seen a few of you driving around. I actually live a little bit away from the school, I live over by amsterdamn school actually. I try to wave to every f-body I see, most wave back. Let me know if anything is happening local around here soon. look forward to meeting all of you.

Ian
10-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I live right near woods road school, so we live pretty close to eachother.

Untamed
10-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Woods Road School, oh yeah. I used to board my cats at a place called Cats Only Inn which was right around the corner from the school.

You guys can head out to the Route 533 Slalom and have some fun heading south past Griggstown late at night. No cops. No cars. Just watch for the deer.

Makes me wish I had a Trans Am. *eyeballs Ian's GTA*

Ian
10-30-2004, 02:52 PM
You guys can head out to the Route 533 Slalom and have some fun heading south past Griggstown late at night. No cops. No cars. Just watch for the deer.

Is rt 533 river road?

Makes me wish I had a Trans Am. *eyeballs Ian's GTA*

If you can scrape together a grand, its all yours. I even have a brand new heater core for it and I just replaced the rear rotors and all the pads.

Untamed
10-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Not sure if its called River Road or not. Just go to the end of Hillsborough road where it T's, and hang a right then give it some gas. Fun to run through late at night when there arent any cars. Just be mindful of the deer. :-P

As for scraping together a grand.. I'm slowly working on it. Wife and kids are high maintenance, not to mention a house. *sighs* I might hav eto start batting my eyelashes and hope someone will take pity on me. ;-)

- Dave

Ian
11-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Not sure if its called River Road or not. Just go to the end of Hillsborough road where it T's, and hang a right then give it some gas. Fun to run through late at night when there arent any cars. Just be mindful of the deer. :-P

Yeah, thats river road and there are a bunch of deer on that road. I used to fly down that road on the weekends around 9 in the morning. No one on the road and plenty of light. 8)

Fasterthanyou
11-01-2004, 06:50 PM
If you've seen a 91 Red camaro driving around with a black cowl hood and red duct tape on the front clip you've seen me. I've been around for years.

lt14mla
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
stacy i think i saw you driving on 206 in front of commerce bank on friday late at night. was that you in teh 4th gen silver ta.

lt14mla
11-04-2004, 03:10 PM
stacy i think i saw you again on 533 River Road late at night at the bridge.

Ian
11-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Psssssttt.......Lou is a stalker.

That is all.

j/k

Fasterthanyou
11-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey guys Im new to this board. I have a 1997 Formula Firebird with a few mods. I live in Hillsborough as I see some of you do. I belong to a few other F body fourms as well. I look forward to talking and possiblity meeting you all.
-Lou
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/570000-570999/570959_91_full.jpg
I saw you yesterday driving from the Shell station on 206. I'm assuming you're the only silver TA in that area with a ram air hood :) . Nice looking car, you were directly behind me when I was making a left into the Bottle King shopping center.

GTO2112
11-05-2004, 06:25 PM
GTO chiming in. Whats up in the 'boro ?

SpeakersGoBoom
11-05-2004, 09:42 PM
What year GTO?

lt14mla
11-05-2004, 09:49 PM
thanks alot man. I don't think that I'm the only silver f-body around here. I think Stacy has one. I've seen that one around. It looks like mine but I think its a 98. My friends usually have a hard time tell which is which.

GTO2112
11-05-2004, 10:58 PM
2004, :shock:

Star wars trailer looks cool....

Stacy13
11-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Yup, I too have a silver TA. Mine is a 1995 in excellent condition. I'm usually at the Fudd's meetings, with tonight being an exception due to prior commitments.
L8R,
Tom Stacy

Wasted Youth
11-09-2004, 11:27 AM
my friend dan is up in hillsborough...he is a neshanic station fire fighter...has a nice 86 ultra blue iroc...body is trashed...but runs great...he also has an 86 a/c delete iroc-z but it wont be seen around for at least a year or two...

Gloveperson
11-09-2004, 06:28 PM
-Lou

I think I saw you last weekend by Ann Van. Was that you? (look at sig for my car)

-Todd

Gloveperson
11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Yup, I too have a silver TA. Mine is a 1995 in excellent condition. I'm usually at the Fudd's meetings, with tonight being an exception due to prior commitments.
L8R,
Tom Stacy

Do you guys live right off of Beekman..if so I live right by you guys. I should log on here more often and less LS1tech.com :oops:

-Todd

Ian
11-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Do you guys live right off of Beekman..if so I live right by you guys. I should log on here more often and less LS1tech.com :oops:

-Todd

Yeah, you should. :lol:

lt14mla
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
hey todd
I was by ann vann the other day. I don't think I saw a blue Z although my memory doesn't serve me very well. Idk. I think I've seen you driving one time I thought it was somebody else and it wasn't. You have a damn nice car man. Do you have dark hair, glasees? I think i have seen you, not sure tho. I live over by the end of hillsborough road. Close to amsterdamn elementry school. Todd did you go to HHS. How's Monmouth? I was thinking about going. I applied but still haven't recived word. I went down there and it looks like a really great college. RIGHT BY THE BEACH. a bit pricey though. Glad to see some more Hillsborough F-bodies around. I hope to see you around some time.
-Lou

Gloveperson
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
hey todd
I was by ann vann the other day. I don't think I saw a blue Z although my memory doesn't serve me very well. Idk. I think I've seen you driving one time I thought it was somebody else and it wasn't. You have a damn nice car man. Do you have dark hair, glasees? I think i have seen you, not sure tho. I live over by the end of hillsborough road. Close to amsterdamn elementry school. Todd did you go to HHS. How's Monmouth? I was thinking about going. I applied but still haven't recived word. I went down there and it looks like a really great college. RIGHT BY THE BEACH. a bit pricey though. Glad to see some more Hillsborough F-bodies around. I hope to see you around some time.
-Lou

Yea, that is me. I did go to HHS and I do go to Monmouth for the time being. Won't be coming back next year but it is a two minute drive from the beach. And yes, I do indeed drive a dark blue LS1 Z28. There are two blue 98+ Camaros in boro..he lives by the municipal building and drives a six banger. That is one way to tell the difference.

It was on Monfort that I think I saw a WS6 LT1 on Saturday afternoon. if that jobs your memory any.

I had an LT1 last year but it was totalled around this time last year. Lady ran a stop sign on Duke's parkway (the intersection where there is that little bridge that goes up hill with a stop sign..she was on that side). So yea, she ran it and my car was totalled. If you have any questions about the car, I worked on my LT1 a lot and I know a lot about the engine, so just shoot me a message for help with mods.

Right now my car is under a nice car cover since I won't be driving it untill next may. I live by the Ostergaurds..you know the car..the silver jetta with the awfull body kit.

Good luck with the car! (it is an LT1, right?) Just check my signature for my current lightly modded car..and how I cannot drive yet :oops:

-Todd

Stacy13
11-10-2004, 07:39 AM

-Todd

I'm on Wescott Road in the Woodfield Estates development.

AliWantsNss
11-10-2004, 09:20 AM
I am from Bradley Gardens, but spend much time in the Boro, more specificlly Flagtown.

Gloveperson
11-10-2004, 10:32 AM

-Todd

I'm on Wescott Road in the Woodfield Estates development.

Yea..guess that is you guys! I live on Marshall in the same develpment.

-Todd

Untamed
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I am from Bradley Gardens, but spend much time in the Boro, more specificlly Flagtown.

I've been by Flagtown but never had a reason to go there. Anything out there other than houses?

I live off Homestead road, right around the corner from the High School.

Gloveperson
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM

I've been by Flagtown but never had a reason to go there. Anything out there other than houses?

I used to go around there every so often..what kinda F-body do you have?

-Todd

Untamed
11-10-2004, 12:12 PM

I used to go around there every so often..what kinda F-body do you have?

-Todd

None, zero, zip, nada. I used to have a 97 Firebird, but traded that in for the SUV as a necessary family vehicle. I'm trying hard to get back into one (1st - 3rd gen Trans Am) as a project car. Until then, only a mini van and suv sit in my driveway.

I'll just be the pathetic one, sitting at the end of the table in Fudds, remembering when I used to own one. :roll:

HardcoreZ28
11-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Dave I'm not picking up that Firebird...parents won't let me keep it at the house right now. I'd suggest you go look at it and maybe pick it up....it's a killer deal.

Untamed
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah I really should. Especially with him throwing the engine and trans into it. *ponders* I cant do a damn thing with it until next spring, and my wife and I are contemplating moving. Hence the reason why we're concentrating on the house.

He's close enough that I should just run by and chat with him. My budget unfortunately hasn't risen about $500 though. *wrinkles nose* I would love a 78, trans am or not.

On a side note Paul, have you given any more thought to the resto business?

HardcoreZ28
11-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Lots of thought......like all day while I'm sitting in my cubicle. Like I said previously I have to finish this T-Bird first and pay off the rest of my debt. In the meantime I'm just doing my homework and will probably start putting my business plan together over the winter.

Untamed
11-11-2004, 11:20 AM
That's cool. I'll just keep forgetting each month and bug you about it until you get so sick of answering the same question you'll be ready to post the business plan to the select few.

I think I'm gonna stop by and talk to Mike about the 78. Thats just too good to pass up.

lt14mla
12-06-2004, 06:08 PM
anything goin on in this area recently. theres nothign to ever do in this town

Ian
12-06-2004, 06:29 PM

oh there is plenty going on, like me hating my job at belle mead garage! :evil:

Fasterthanyou
12-06-2004, 08:04 PM

oh there is plenty going on, like me hating my job at belle mead garage! :evil:
I didn't know you worked there. That's just down the street from me. I live less than 3 miles south on 206.

Untamed
12-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, you can swing by the high school and watch the cops catch the kids leaving school in the afternoons. Â*Burnouts and general speeding are always a crowd pleaser when those reds and blues start flashing.

You can play "Dodge the Deer" around the Duke's Estate at dusk or dawn, trully testing your reflexes and insurance company.

Hmmm, lets see. Â*You can play "Which Boro is It?" by racing through Nashanic, seeing if you can nab a Hillsborough cop or a Flemington Cop by doing 60 on Route 514.

Or you can swing by Belle Mead Garage and heckle Ian for working in a town that had to cede part of itself to Hillsborough.

That last suggestion at least doesn't involve the police. Â*That might be your best bet.

- Dave, feeling sarcastic today but still smiling

Ian
12-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah I started working there a month ago and they won't let me do anything but oil changes and tire rotations. I know I have only been there for a short time, but I went to school for an entire year straight learning everything you might encounter at a dealership. Oh well.:(

lt14mla
12-15-2004, 02:11 PM
saw a silver TA at Taco Bell today around 12:30 ish. looked like a 99 model. def an ls1. would have said hi to the owner but i had to get back to school or i would have been late.(not good). anyway sweet car. just wondering whos it was

Untamed
12-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Probably Stacy's. I think he's trying to sell it, so he'll drive it all over town as a moving advertisement. :lol:

- Dave

Ian
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Stacy's car is an LT1

lt14mla
12-17-2004, 02:05 PM
i have an ses light on. where is the closest place to get it scanned and find what the problem is and for the cheapest.

Tru2Chevy
12-17-2004, 02:31 PM
i have an ses light on. where is the closest place to get it scanned and find what the problem is and for the cheapest.

Local Autozone....it's free

- Justin

lt14mla
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
sweetness

j0n
12-19-2004, 05:50 PM
only if you have a dual cat car tho...single cat cars are OBD1 and autozone can't read em so they'll say its the o2 sensors

lt14mla
01-05-2005, 09:43 AM
saw a newer 4th gen camaro ss blue in the stop and shop parking lot yesterday(tuesday). had the 10 spoke wheels. todd was this your car?

Untamed
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
One of Stop and Shop's morning employees (Vicki) owns an 85-86 Trans Am. She or a previous owner put a pop top on the hard top. Poor car....

I haven't met her directly, and judging from the load of crap strewn throughout the car (no, Im not above sneaking a peek into someones F-body) I wouldnt waste the paper flyer on her car. She probably bought it because it was cheap enough for her to afford.

I think Ian tried one of the managers there with his 1999+ Formy. No response yet I think.

Ian
01-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I think Ian tried one of the managers there with his 1999+ Formy. Â*No response yet I think.

Correct sir! I also flyered a super nice red 88-90 IROC that was parked near Lowes. They never showed either. And neither did the girl with the 98-02 TA I flyered. Oh well, their loss.