PDA

View Full Version : Car Show At The New Jersey Agricultural Museum

bencar
10-08-2004, 08:33 AM
On October 24th, I believe from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M., there's a 'Car Show' at the 'New Jersey Agricultural Museum', Route 1 South, College Farm Rd, North Brunswick, NJ (Cook College Campus of Rutger University). I went to it last year, and really enjoyed it. It's a small show, which is a good thing, in that you can actually get to meet a lot of folks, and not walk your feet off doing so. If you call the Museum at 732-249-2077, probably late next week, they'll have the Flyers for it by then. Check this one out, I think you'll like it :cheers:

Tru2Chevy
10-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a good time, thanks for letting everyone know....

- Justin

bencar
10-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Just make sure to call (732-249-2077). I do believe that space is limited, due to the location, but if you like smaller type shows, you'll like this one.

79CamaroDiva
10-11-2004, 08:49 PM
hmmm i live on cook campus, about 1000 feet from the museum, havent heard anything about it but ill try to check it out as long as im not working.

bencar
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
hmmm i live on cook campus, about 1000 feet from the museum, havent heard anything about it but ill try to check it out as long as im not working.

I spoke to Kelly Madden last week when I set up the date for the 'Slant-Six' Club's Meet there next year, and she confirmed for me that there is supposed to be a 'Car Show' at the Museum on October 24, 2004. Kelly told me to call back htis week, and see if they had gotten the Flyers for the show yet.

NJSPEEDER
10-12-2004, 03:53 PM
i don't have anythign to show off, but i will definately try to make it up there to check it out.
i like smaller shows, it is easier to talk to people about their cars.

later
tim

bencar
10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
i don't have anythign to show off, but i will definately try to make it up there to check it out.
i like smaller shows, it is easier to talk to people about their cars.

later
tim

Agreed, the bigger shows have their benefits, I think, but at the smaller ones you can actually get to see everything, and talk to folks. I'll be calling Kelly Madden later in the week to see if she has gotten the Flyers yet. After that, I'll try to make time to post some of the details

bencar
10-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Just an update, I've E-Mailed my contact at the Museum (Kelly Madden) about that 'Car Show' on October 24th, hopefully I'll get an answer real soon, and maybe a Flyer I can foward to anyone who wants one. In the meantime, you can also call the Museum during the day at 732-249-2077 (10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.) Monday to Friday if you want to inquire diectly about the show

bencar
10-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Here's the text version of the NJ Agricultural Museum 'Car Show' Flyer.
NJSpeeder said he'll try to post the whole Flyer, which may be easier to read than what's below.

FALL HARVEST AUTO SHOW

For Antique and Custom Vehicles 25 Years and Older

N.J. Region VCCA
Sunday, October 24, 2004 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

At the NJ Museum of Agriculture, located off US 1 South at College Farm Road, North Brunswick, on the Campus of Cook College - Rutgers University.
Participant Judging • Top Three Awards for Each Decade Class • Club Participation Award • The Ag Museum's Best of Show Award $10.00 advance registration (by Oct. 16) - $15.00 day of show. Registration begins at 8 AM. Judging takes place 11 AM - 2 PM. Dash Plaques for first 100 cars. Call 609-588-9036 for more info.
DIRECTIONS From NJ Turnpike: Exit 9 - New Brunswick. Stay right to Rt. 18 North. Take Rt 18 N. to US 1 South. Take US1 South to third exit - College Farm Road (Cook College). Turn right onto College Farm Road. VS 1 (from South): Pass Rt. 130 junction, and De Vry Institute on right. Take next exit - College Farm Road / Squibb Drive. Follow U-turn under US 1; at stop sign turn left onto College Farm Road. VS 1 (from North): Take US 1 South over Raritan River. Take 4th exit after river - College Farm Road. Turn right onto College Farm Road. From Garden State Parkway: Take Exit 130 - US 1 South. Follow directions for US 1 (from North) above.

Name______________________________________________ __________

Address_______________________________________
City______________________________________________ _________ State_________________ Zip___________________
Phone________________________

Model ______________________________ Make ___________________________Vehicle Year______________________
Club Affiliation:______________________________________ ______________

PRE-REGISTERED VEHICLE $10.00

DAY OF SHOW VEHICLE $15.00

PRE-RECISTERED FLEA MARKET SPACE $15.00

HISTORIC NJ REGION VCCA

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: HISTORIC NEW JERSEY REGION VCCA

C/O FR£D SCH WARTZ
622 PAXSON AVENUE
TRENTON, NJ 08619

bencar
10-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Hope I'm not the ONLY one from NJFBOA at this 'NJ Agricultural Museum' 'Car Show' tomorrow :(