PDA

View Full Version : whats the differance between

wrong generation
10-13-2004, 01:20 PM
whats the differance between the EIBACH PROKIT springs and EIBACH sportline springs???

Tru2Chevy
10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00181.1.693440961900018699

Pro Kit vs. Sportline - directly from their site....

- Justin

wrong generation
10-13-2004, 02:27 PM
so is the only differance the amount of a drop these springs give you? wasnt sure if there was a performance differance or not. which would be better for drag racing ?

Injuneer
10-13-2004, 11:53 PM
so is the only differance the amount of a drop these springs give you? wasnt sure if there was a performance differance or not. which would be better for drag racing ?

Neither. In general, a lowered car is going to be more difficult to hook up on the track.

BigAls87Z28
10-14-2004, 02:22 AM
lowering your car will give you a lower your center of gravity, and increase handling.

Tru2Chevy
10-14-2004, 09:40 AM
If you want a car that handles well on the street, but you still plan on drag racing it, go for the Pro Kit, not the Sportlines.

- Justin

wrong generation
10-14-2004, 09:50 AM
is there any differance between their profit and drag launch springs? id like to have a killer street car for launching off the street lites and stuff but this is also a street car so that means its gota do turns and stuff lol. to many diff routes to take when doing suspension mods on a thirdgen.

Tru2Chevy
10-14-2004, 11:18 AM
is there any differance between their profit and drag launch springs? id like to have a killer street car for launching off the street lites and stuff but this is also a street car so that means its gota do turns and stuff lol. to many diff routes to take when doing suspension mods on a thirdgen.

Yes, the Pro Kit springs are designed for handling performance, and the drag launch springs are designed for maximum weight transfer to the rear when launching.

If your car will be a daily driver, or will at least be your 'nice weather' car, I would stick with the Pro Kit springs, and then possibly upgrade the shocks. I have the Pro Kit on my car and I'm using Bilstein HD front struts, and Bilstein race rate rear shocks. Can't tell you how they work, because I haven't run the car yet, but I've heard this combo works well for street/strip cars that aren't making insane power levels.

- Justin

Injuneer
10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
The Eibach Drag Launch springs are pretty much ONLY for drag racing. I have them in the back, and they actually raised the back of the car about 1/2"

Fred