PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna give a hand pulling my ls1 SUNDAY?

foff667
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
With last weekend not working out and the weather getting colder I NEED to pull this thing this weekend...rich from this site is gonna give me a hand but I'd like one more person to help out if I can to make sure everything goes smoothly...of course food & drink will be supplied.

Thanks
Bill

Tru2Chevy
10-13-2004, 03:57 PM
I should be able to help from noonish to 4:30ish...maybe later.

- Justin

foff667
10-13-2004, 05:05 PM
I should be able to help from noonish to 4:30ish...maybe later.

- Justin

i really should only need a minimal amount of help...everything is off the motor basically no water pump, no pulley, no intake, no wiring harness...all in boxes at this point...just need to undue two motor mount bolts, tq arm bolts & one tranny crossmember bolt and then just put the thing on the hoist :) i just want at least 1 or 2 people to spot and help move **** around since 1000lbs of motor & tranny isnt always easy to negociate

JPiZZiJP
10-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Bill you got my # bro.. I will def be down your way on Sunday, just give me a ring or IM in advance to let me know specifics (time, address, etc)

~Joe

foff667
10-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Bill you got my # bro.. I will def be down your way on Sunday, just give me a ring or IM in advance to let me know specifics (time, address, etc)

~Joe

I'll be giving you a buzz fo sho...probably 12ish.

j0n
10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
if i can get a ride w/ jpizzi i'll come down...as long as its after 4

foff667
10-17-2004, 09:32 AM
just a reminder im starting at 1pm so anyone that wants to help feel free.

foff667
10-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Rich, Justin, Tyler, Tim & matt for showing up to give me a hand pulling the motor today...within about 3 hrs we had the motor out and separated from the tranny...i ordered the correct size bolts to attach the motor to my stand...unfortunatly i had some water in one of the cylinders So ive got to tear off at least one of the heads to see what damage is done :( but other than that all went well.

Thanks again,
Bill

JPiZZiJP
10-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Bill dude you never rang. I would have helped though :P

foff667
10-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Bill dude you never rang. I would have helped though :P

yah tim, matt, rich then justin & ty all showed up within like 10 mins of each other so i figured 6 was enough peeps to work on the car :) so i didnt bother for backup...thanks though.

Tru2Chevy
10-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Let us know how that cylinder looks when you pop that head off. Good thing we decided to pull the plugs....who knows what may have happened if we didn't.

- Justin

foff667
10-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Let us know how that cylinder looks when you pop that head off. Good thing we decided to pull the plugs....who knows what may have happened if we didn't.

- Justin

yah i ordered some bolts to put it up on the stand they should be here tomorrow & I'll get the head off...i think im just gonna take the one off for now as thats alotta friggin work.

Tru2Chevy
10-18-2004, 05:45 PM

- Justin

yah i ordered some bolts to put it up on the stand they should be here tomorrow & I'll get the head off...i think im just gonna take the one off for now as thats alotta friggin work.

Yea it is......that weird ass torque spec is a PITA

- Justin

Malibu79
10-19-2004, 07:22 PM
well at least we didn't break anything?
well anything that was important anyway tim had a little bit of fun with
the saw and the front of your car though so look on the bright side :banana: :lol:

foff667
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
got the pass. head off tonight and got the one cylinder cleaned up...thankfully it was just that one and it wasnt too bad and its fine now much easier takin off the heads with the motor out of the car though hehe :)