PDA

View Full Version : fuse problem

GrandmasterCow
10-18-2004, 09:12 AM
yes, i have an fuse problem. i keep blowing that fuse. after we got my headers on, once i went to start it, it blew. so then i thought something was shorter, so looked over everything and i assumed it was the heat shield on the starter since it was the starter ignition fuse keep bowing, so i removed that shield and put in a new fuse, blew it. so i threw a paperclip i nthere and it works fine and got to school and the paperclip stopped conducting and car stalled while pulling int oa spot, so i pushed it and went to class. well after class i checked it and the paperclip is burnt brown, so i threw in another 50 a spare, and it worked for about 5 mins then blew. anyone got ideas? right now im in the college library, so i dont have my tools with me except two wire cutters/pliars and some paperclips and little things here and there. not even some good highquality wire to throw in there until i can get a fuse. the paperclips might work if i double up and stop every once in a while to check them. but, anyone got ideas?

86Transam
10-18-2004, 09:22 AM
some were u must be grounding out a wire. it is the only thing i can think of, sorry not to sure were u problem is

Matt

ar0ck
10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Id probably think try using a higher #'d fuse.

foff667
10-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Id probably think try using a higher #'d fuse.

with a problem like that it rarely works...i remember i kept blowing fuses in a few instances and it was always something being wired incorrectly either by me or a manufacturer...usually the manufacturer though :P

Tru2Chevy
10-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Don't forget to check all the stupid little connections and such.

I kept popping a fuse in my Lumina, and after tearing through the engine bay for over an hour, I found a screw from my recently replaced head unit in the cigarette lighter. Problem solved :)

- Justin

GrandmasterCow
10-18-2004, 01:20 PM
haha yeah, i fixed it. i threw a new fuse in and there was a loose wire underneith and its working now. now i only have the steering issue ...

Tony Danza
10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
haha yeah, i fixed it. i threw a new fuse in and there was a loose wire underneith and its working now. now i only have the steering issue ...
I'm happy to hear about that. I day-dreamed in class today thinking about what the hell else could be the electrical problem.