PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: LT1 Guys

ar0ck
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Have any of you seen or researched the new Delteq Opti-Direct solution kit?

http://www.delteq.com/New%20Images/OptiDirectKit_sm.jpg
http://www.delteq.com/New%20Images/vette_coils_sm.jpg

http://www.delteq.com/opti_stage1.htm

Im seriously thinking of getting this system very soon after being disapointed at my dyno (It died at high RPM's) I think this is the ultimate solution to Opti, and the website and articles I have read make me more convinced every day.

A dealer Elite Spark Plugs - www.elitesparkplugs.com in Florida offers the COMPLETE kit for $595.95.

If I can get enough intrest Im going to give a call and try and see if we can get a group purchase going on. But first I want to see if I can get enough interested people.

So who is with me?

foff667
10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
theres also an ls1 coil pack type system that can be used as well...when we were talkin i thought thats the one you were talkin about.

j0n
10-18-2004, 04:13 PM
im in for any opti-delete thingamabobber...specially at >600 bucks
:D

j0n
10-18-2004, 04:13 PM
a friend of mine will be in also...he's been wanting to do this anyway

Squirrel
10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
youll get a lot more action on cz28, ESP is a sponsor over there, they will probably be down for it

Tony Danza
10-18-2004, 10:20 PM
there has probly already been a GP on Cz28.com. but its cool with me though, i would be willing to join in there with a GP on something as sweet as this.

Oh yea, you mentioned articles and **** about this system, can i have a few links to these you speek of? i suppose threads would be fine too pending they arnt full of BS from people that dont know what they're talkin about

Injuneer
10-18-2004, 11:05 PM
There's a detailed 3-page install article on the Delteq in the November issue of Chevy High Performance magazine. I can fax you a copy if you are interested - e-mail me your fax number. There are also several fairly extensive threads from actual Delteq users on the "LT1 Engine Tech" board at CZ28.com. Most of the feedback is extremely positive.

Just to make sure everyone understands.... the Delteq Stage 1, like the Bailey LTCC LS1 coil conversion, requires an Opti with a healthy optical sensor to provide the high and low resolution pulse patterns, that are still required for the stock PCM to function. Delteq claims to be working on a Stage 2 kit, that competely eliminates the need for the Opti, but it has been "coming soon" for about 8 months.

From my personal experience running a similar system, using the Opti optical sensor as a cam position sensor, feeding my MoTeC computer, and driving 8 LS1-style coils, just getting the high voltage stuff out of the Opti case seems to make it far less sensitive to problems. I've been running the system with a vented Opti conversion for over 4 years, with a 7,000+rpm redline. George Baxter used the same MoTeC-based system for 5 years with his 9.04-second 30th SS convertible, with an 8,000+rpm setup.

If you are interested in pursuing the GP with "elite", it is run by Jim Maldonado, who used to be one of our CJC/FO members, and has now moved to FL. We can probably use that connection to get some sort of discount.

ar0ck
10-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Looks like theirs some interest. I personally dont like CZ28, and I wanted to see if we as a group can make our own gb.

Tony Danza
10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Looks like theirs some interest. I personally dont like CZ28, and I wanted to see if we as a group can make our own gb.
Is there a particular reason that you dont like CZ28?

ar0ck
10-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Is there a particular reason that you dont like CZ28?

Post a question or anything on that board, and its washed out under 4 pages within a day.

Fastbird
10-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Both the Delteq and the LTCC are great systems.

The only drawback I see to the Delteq right now is the lack of any retard capabilities, or a rev limiter, both of which the LTCC has. But the LTCC is a bit more complicated too.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong.

j0n
10-28-2004, 02:13 PM
so is anyone getting a GP goin for this? if not someone let me know when one does get underway