PDA

View Full Version : Auto Xray...

bad64chevelle
10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here has used the Auto Xray for their vehicle? If so how is it? Is it worth it? thanks!

Tru2Chevy
10-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Never heard of it.....

What does the process involve?

- Justin

Ian
10-23-2004, 02:20 PM
auto x ray is a scan tool.

The Fixer
10-23-2004, 06:10 PM
I have a GM-only OBD1 version that I bought about 4 years ago from www.autotestsys.com - it's a very handy thing to have around. I use it on both of my Montes, and have helped out a neighbor with his Caddy.

If you can find a deal on a used one, go for it.

mysticwarrior
10-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I've used this scanner for about 4 years now It's pretty good. I have the entire OBD 1 and 2 package plus the PC software and connections(simular to the new 5000 version). Two things
1, even though it comes loaded with all applications if you want the FULL scanning capibility of ALL the manf. trouble codes for Ford and GM that's an additional $45 for each, which will read an additional 50 or more paramaters. 2, even though it has bi-directional capability , they currently don't offer this function( seens thay are worried about some one messing up their air bag or ABS) but meters that do have true bi-directional capibilty can cost several thousand dollars instead of the $400 that I paid back in 2000. Plus with the up dates that you download from the internet, these meters will not become another piece of useless equipment in your tool box over the next few years.
Ther may be others out there(auto tap), but this offered true scanner fuctions
for less that any other on the market at the time I bought mine.