PDA

View Full Version : Body/Frame work?

mesagsxbkr
10-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Is anybody on here really good with Body/frame work? I am attempting to put the front end back on the 88 t/a, but I have a feeling that the frame might be bent....Can anyone help me out?

enRo
10-30-2004, 04:17 PM
It depends. If you had a pic with the hood popped focusing on the front end section, I can take a quick look at it. I had to rip off the entire radiator wall support from welds off of mine when I wrecked my car. The upper tie bar that your turn signals and hood latch onto is not in reproduction (I spent months looking for it) along with what holds that and the radiator in, so I bought a beater with a very good front end setup. But yea, you would have to know the damage behind the bumper. If you had pics or someway I can take a look at it, Ill be glad to help. :-D

NJSPEEDER
10-30-2004, 04:59 PM
where are you from?
a few of the guys on teh board work at or with body shops. if you live close to the ewing/trenton area you can stop by body by fm where evil90ss works to get an estimate.

later
tim

mesagsxbkr
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Basically..I am thinking that the frame is shot...with the bumper off...the pass side bumper support mount is 1-2 inches above the driver side...but i want to know if it really is shot, or if it can be fixed or something before I just part the car out and find a new body...

mesagsxbkr
10-31-2004, 08:09 PM
I put pics up of it on Third gen.org...here is the link...http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265661
It s pic of the front end, and the gap that the new fender has was I attempt to put it on..