PDA

View Full Version : Pissed

Savage_Messiah
11-01-2004, 01:22 AM
I was coming home from getting some dinner, I was on this street thats sorta windy at parts (Leroy St. in Tenafly). I was coming around a right hand bend and coming in the opposite direction was an Audi about a foot and a half give or take over the line coming into the turn right at me. I go to the right to avoid him cuz he wasnt moving over, hit a curb and rip the sidewall open on my front right tire. 3-5 inch tear, mother****er doesnt even slow down, so at home now my cars on a donut. I was goin 30-35 he was doing easy 40-45, it was a 25 zone. To make it worse at one point i have my hazards on, front corner jacked up and the tire wrench in my hand. A cop drives by, i wave him down, he taps his brakes looks over and drives off. Even worse, the lugnuts had been tightened with power tools so I had to get those off by purely beasting them... by the time I had down that my lights/hazards had killed my battery, i was low on gas so turned the car off but left those on, I had to have my dad come jump me. When we got home my dad started yelling at me that the Audi was in the wrong i should have let him hit me instead of me hitting the curb (my only choices were car or curb). I had to make it clear to him that i couldn't get hit and "sue the pants off him" like he said I should have, if I was dead lol. My dad only stopped after i explained i was coming up to the apex of the bend and the other guy was coming through, the curb was straight ahead of me. A had to also explain how it was an audi so in my town theres a good chance its a lawyer or a close friend of one, and they could turn it on me since the law is all who you know not what happened nowadays. And i sure as hell dont need more points and we dont need higher insurance.

On the bright side, I needed new tires anyway right? :roll:

transamws686
11-01-2004, 05:49 AM
regardless of what your dad said you did the right thing. yea you need to pay but think of it like this you could of got hurt, or you could have hurt some one.....is it worth it :nono: did he even think about you, or ask if you were okay.

any way look at it like this, you would have been in the body shop, and insurance companies take for ever. I am sorry about your car but I am glad your okay

Savage_Messiah
11-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Yea he did make sure i was OK first, then he went off on that **** about how since that uy was in the wrong he would have been at fault blah blah blah. As of now I needed new tires anyway; I'm pretty sure the rim is OK; and I don't think anything else is messed up.

89 Trans Am WS6
11-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Id lookin into the control arm/nuckle and see if its bent. The rim is prolly bent to if you hit a curb at 35..

Fozzi58
11-03-2004, 07:28 AM
This is why insurance premiums in NJ are rediculous...cause everyone is sue happy. You moved, you did the right thing. Sorry about the car - hopefully that prick's Audi will get keyed up one day. However, in NJ there is a balanced negligence law (my mom worked for an accident attorney for 20 years). Since you and Audi Boy were both moving, both of you are at fault for at least a percentage...usually 10% to 20%. Thats the law. Then the insurance co's go to mitigation. And your rates get jacked cause you need your car fixed and it comes out of your insurance co's pocket while in mitigation. Then, 3 years after you sell the car, you'll get a check for half of the damages since the insurance co's decided to split it.

As for suing for bodily injury...would you want to take a chance on not walking properly, or having back spasms for the rest of your life to get 1 or 2 million dollars? That's a lot of money, but when you wake up every morining in excrutiating pain, you'd gladly give back that money for your health. Trust me - I've met many people in that position.

Do yourself a favor - slow down. I know, not only does that suck, but its hard to do. Speeding is worse an addiction that drugs. I almost lost my license, twice, so I know how thrilling it is. I got a ticket for going 165mph on Rt 3. I had my old Ninja out one night at like 2:30am, and hit the gas on Rt 3 E.B by the Pkwy, and held the throttle wide open until I got to the top of the hill next to Roche Pharma. The dotted lines looked like one white line - super intense. But I didnt see the police since I was going so fast. I slowed down and eventually they caught up with me...a few miles down on Rt 21. 5 points, just like that.