PDA

View Full Version : nitrous permit

iamsickofitall
11-01-2004, 10:31 AM
anyone know where i can get one other than directly from the state?

ar0ck
11-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Sometimes you can get them from performance shops that fill nitrous, or they will tell you where to go.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-01-2004, 06:00 PM
You need a permit to use nitro?

j0n
11-01-2004, 07:16 PM

you can get away with it most of the time on the street but legally you must have a permit to carry filled nitrous bottles on the street and racetracks will not let you onto their strip w/ a bottle of any sort unless you have the proper permit

ar0ck
11-01-2004, 09:38 PM

you can get away with it most of the time on the street but legally you must have a permit to carry filled nitrous bottles on the street and racetracks will not let you onto their strip w/ a bottle of any sort unless you have the proper permit

They wont even let you fill it without the permit.

Injuneer
11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
It's a "Permit To Handle Nitrous Oxide". Issued by:

NJ Dept. of Health and Senior Sevices
Consumer and Environmental Health Service
P.O. Box 369
Trenton, NJ 08625-0369

It is issued under "controlled dangerous substance" (drug) laws. Possession without a permit can be punishable with a 6-month jail term and a healthy fine.

Permit used to be free, but someone told me that the online form (I didn't know there was an online form) now indicates that it now costs $25 per permit, and technically, you need a permit for each source you plan to buy nitrous from. I know Shore Motorsports, for example will only fill with a permit, but they don't keep "their" copy, and don't seem to care who's name is shown on the permit as the "source". Permit is good for 2 years. "Race Car/Vehicle" is an acceptable purpose for the permit.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Is there some sort of like test you need to have one? I wouldnt mind getting one. Just to say, yea, I have a permit for nitrous. It's be pretty cool sitting in my wallet.

Tru2Chevy
11-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Is there some sort of like test you need to have one? I wouldnt mind getting one. Just to say, yea, I have a permit for nitrous. It's be pretty cool sitting in my wallet.

Nope, just a small fee, IIRC

- Justin

win98nogood
11-02-2004, 02:34 PM
anyone know where i can get one other than directly from the state?

I have it here --->

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/1c87f809/bc/nos+permit.pdf?bfoH_hBBAPrTrtWJ

if link doesnt work I will email it to you

Injuneer
11-02-2004, 10:52 PM
The only requirement for a permit is the ability to fill out the form, sign it and write a check. It won't look too cool in your wallet.... its an 8-1/2" wide piece of paper. :D

SpeakersGoBoom
11-03-2004, 12:23 PM
ok...so i'll get a really big wallet :lol: