PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel?

JPiZZiJP
11-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Do I absolutely need a new flywheel when getting a new clutch? I've heard mixed opinions on this... some say yes, def... others say no, you can use the stock flywheel.

~joe

The Fixer
11-07-2004, 11:43 PM
If you are using a stock replacement clutch replacement is not necessary. You should definitely have it resurfaced to remove any hotspots or grooves. For some reason, I think Centerforce makes you use their own flywheel though.

Little G
11-08-2004, 07:31 AM
I have the Centerforce dual-friction and I am using the stock flywheel.

84HOtransam
11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
i have a dual friction and stock resurfaced flywheel..

9secfirebird
11-09-2004, 07:12 AM
you can resurfice it, you cang et a new one, you can just use the old, not resurficed. depends on the condition of the old clutch, if there are hot spots and such, it might be a good idea to resurfice it or get a new one. some people go for a lighter "hi performance" one, but its perfectly fine to keep the flywheel you have and not resurfice it, just as long as its not totally ****ed. if there are any grooves in it or wicked hot spots, do something about it. resurfacing flywheels - find a good shop to do it because i have worked in some shops where the lathe that they use wasnt ment for a flywheel and they made it work for a quick buck. a machine shop is best for it. ive done many many clutches and have done alot without resurficing the flywheel and in 4 years, have not had a problem yet with any of them. we just did one yesterday, and the week before.

V
11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
my spec stage 3 came with a brand new flywheel