PDA

View Full Version : North Jersey's Big One!

ar0ck
11-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Date: 11/27
Time: Gather around 2:00pm and go in to eat around 3:00 or 3:30 pm

Ok guys its our first big North Jersey meet up with the rest of NJFBOA.

We should all meet at the exit 153 McDonalds Rest-Stop. If we leave about 1 o'clock, we should be down their in no less then half an hour.

WE Should be the first ones there, even though everyone knows we roll deep 8)

(Or we can roll in last and make a nice big show 8) )

*Admins please Sticky*

skorpion317
11-10-2004, 09:30 PM
i think we should be there first. won't look good if the north jersey boys (and girls) are late for their own show...

mike95z28
11-10-2004, 09:31 PM
im there count me in

BlueFBird
11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
how far is exit 153 from toms river

j0n
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM

it'll take you about an hour 2 get there

misterjuice
11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm gonna be working that day...............oh well :) can we set up something on sunday next time??????? I can definitely make that .

skorpion317
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM

it'll take you about an hour 2 get there

try and hour and a half with no traffic.

i had to work in toms river for a week for the construction company i used to work for. From 153 (where i got on the Parkway), doing 90 MPH most of the way, I got to toms river (exit 83, i believe) in an hour and a half. this was around 5:30 in the morning with minimal traffic. Since it will be during the daytime, I'm gonna say 2 to 2-1/2 hours.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-10-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm in!

Trans Am Chick
11-10-2004, 10:23 PM
im gunna try and take that morning off of work so i wont havta come late at all. not to mention... i have no way of getting there if i do havta come late. :?

Lexi

The Fixer
11-10-2004, 10:31 PM

Well, it looks like you can get off at Exit 140A to get onto Rt. 22 and head to the Fudd's. If you want to drive the extra miles past the exit to meet up with the other guys and then turn around again, that's your call.

For those of us that are heading South on the Parkway to get there, I don't think we can get onto Rt. 22. At least, not according to this website here - http://metrocommute.com/LI/exits/GSP.html - it shows the exit for Rt 22 only on the Northbound side. So, what's the plan??

skorpion317
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
everyone knows we roll deep 8)

damn straight, north jersey shows everyone how to do it!

1RawTA
11-10-2004, 10:41 PM
north jersey??????? this is like 1 1/2 hrs away from me and i live in north jersey

bencar
11-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm gonna be working that day...............oh well :) can we set up something on sunday next time??????? I can definitely make that .

Same for me, that is if it's in December, and it doesn't SNOW :omg:

ar0ck
11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
For those of us that are heading South on the Parkway to get there, I don't think we can get onto Rt. 22. At least, not according to this website here - http://metrocommute.com/LI/exits/GSP.html - it shows the exit for Rt 22 only on the Northbound side. So, what's the plan??

I always take the parkway south when I went to the Fudds meet. Ask Al, or Bill, I was always the first one there :lol:

I take the parkway and get off for the 22 exit, you just stay straight and it puts you on 22. Its super easy. Trust me.

89 Trans Am WS6
11-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Who planned this there? Steve is right..north jersey is north, and should be near the vast majority of its northern members..if i have to get on the parkway south to get to my north jersey meet, its not north to me

1RawTA
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Who planned this there? Steve is right..north jersey is north, and should be near the vast majority of its northern members..if i have to get on the parkway south to get to my north jersey meet, its not north to me

i know man, when i think of north jersey, i would have thought like maybe paramus hooters, or wayne hooters... or something in bergan, passiac, or essex county

79dizZy28
11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
all the more reason for CJ and SJ to roll deep, as it's not all that far north :lol: :popcorn:

SpeakersGoBoom
11-10-2004, 11:37 PM
well, the s. jersey meet was most definately in south jersey, and that one SUCKED! seriously, there were more north jersey people there than even SOUTH jersey people (btw, there were 3 north jersey people, and we all came late and pretty much missed it. we had a mini north jersey meet in pizza hut)

SpeakersGoBoom
11-10-2004, 11:39 PM
hey, only 50 more posts till im tied with jims69camaro for a spot in "top ten posting members!"

12secondv6
11-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Works for me, I'll check the work schedule tomorrow though

SpeakersGoBoom
sorry, 48

SpeakersGoBoom
Alright, yea, I know. I'm cheating. :lol:

skorpion317
11-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Alright, yea, I know. I'm cheating. :lol:

no post whoring.

skorpion317
11-11-2004, 12:21 AM
hey, only 50 more posts till im tied with jims69camaro for a spot in "top ten posting members!"

hmm...i'm number 7.

V
11-11-2004, 12:27 AM
ok, back on topic...lol

now about this location...yea what the hell, bridgewater?? i dont consider that north jersey, thats at least an hour for me. as of now i may choose to pass on this one. I agree that paramus or even secaucus like someone once said would have been best, both are easily reached by major highways. i;d suggest the location is reconsidered, but if it cant be, i'll decide that day if i'll show :?

Black'nOrange93z
11-11-2004, 01:07 AM
i have no clue whats going on but i'll be there, wherever it is - but yea, im exit 163 on the parkway...any lower than exit 135 isnt considered north jersey to me anymore - anyway, as long as the camaro isnt PMSing i'll be there

Giovanni Black n Orange.....i mean......Roadster Yellow 93z

84HOtransam
11-11-2004, 01:51 AM
i might not make it...im supposed to go camping...depends if all my friends get it together or not...

skorpion317
11-11-2004, 01:56 AM
i have no clue whats going on but i'll be there, wherever it is - but yea, im exit 163 on the parkway...any lower than exit 135 isnt considered north jersey to me anymore - anyway, as long as the camaro isnt PMSing i'll be there

Giovanni Black n Orange.....i mean......Roadster Yellow 93z

i'll fill you in:

Chuck (twiztidZ28) tried to get this pool/bar place booked for the meet. They wanted too much. So someone decided Fuddrucker's in Bridgewater was a good idea. don't know who that was. Chaos ensues as North Jersey people voice concerns about Bridgewater not being in North Jersey. Everyone will still be there, but Bridgewater isn't North Jersey.

and you changed the color of the car again?

1RawTA
11-11-2004, 07:29 AM
ah, i just realized this is thanksgiving weekend, and everyone is gunna be home from collage including myself, buddies are having a large to quite large parrty that night, so i dont think im going to be able to make it

bencar
11-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Bridgewater would be Central NJ in my book too, heck it's only 15-20 minutes away for me if there's no traffic, less if I play 'Speed Racer', like a bunch of us did coming back from Kahunaville in August. :D

No matter though, Saturdays are a Bozo no-no for me, regardless of where the event is held, and unfortunately for me, the next few Sundays are quite booked up for now as well :cry:

Trans Am Chick
11-11-2004, 08:07 AM
well, the s. jersey meet was most definately in south jersey, and that one SUCKED! seriously, there were more north jersey people there than even SOUTH jersey people (btw, there were 3 north jersey people, and we all came late and pretty much missed it. we had a mini north jersey meet in pizza hut)

yea that realli did suck. i wud expect more from sj... especially this meet being more towards cj.... theres no sense in complaining about the place tho. at least nj was more prepared so far nd it wasnt a last minute thing. instead of waiting till like the nite b4 to say where it is nd it winding up being in bridgewater anyway. either way. i hope to see every1 there... im still tryin to get that day offa work... plus convincing the 'rents

being 16 sux... Lexi

Mike95z28 check ur pm's wen u get a chance...

Trans Am Chick
11-11-2004, 08:12 AM

:stupid: <- Sad but tru... ^^^ DORK!

erm... sad that this applies twice in one day...

:twisted: Lexi

JK hun. i love you. even wen u act like more of a dork then me :D

79dizZy28
11-12-2004, 12:15 AM
now that my car's showing signs of life again, i should make it to this one. gonna see if i can take off work on the 27th tommorw 8)

Tru2Chevy
11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
i'll fill you in:

Chuck (twiztidZ28) tried to get this pool/bar place booked for the meet. They wanted too much. So someone decided Fuddrucker's in Bridgewater was a good idea. don't know who that was. Chaos ensues as North Jersey people voice concerns about Bridgewater not being in North Jersey. Everyone will still be there, but Bridgewater isn't North Jersey.

We know Bridgewater isn't exactly North Jersey......we apologize.....again.

Chuck did a great job of planning a meet at the pool hall.....problem was they wanted well over $200 as a down payment, which we dont' have. We talked with Chuck, and decided that we would host it on a Saturday afternoon at a local restaurant.

Then Chuck dissappeared. I haven't seen him online or on the board, and he hasn't answered his phone. If anyone has seen/talked with him, find out what's up....ok?

Because we didn't want another meet to end up like the South Jersey meet, the Fudds was pretty much a spur of the moment decision. On behalf of the NJFBOA site administration, I apologize to North Jersey. Next time we can get a good location, and watch North Jersey roll deep once again.

- Justin

slasherbarb
11-12-2004, 01:34 PM
no matter where the meet is...north, south, east, west....i'll be there...gonna ask for the day off today when i go to work

12secondv6
11-13-2004, 11:12 AM
I guess I'll bring the v6 :wink:

foff667
11-13-2004, 09:08 PM

Ok guys its our first big North Jersey meet up with the rest of NJFBOA.

We should all meet at the exit 153 McDonalds Rest-Stop. If we leave about 1 o'clock, we should be down their in no less then half an hour.

WE Should be the first ones there, even though everyone knows we roll deep 8)

(Or we can roll in last and make a nice big show 8) )

*Admins please Sticky*

I'll be there :)

Ian
11-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I'll try and be there, but I won't be rolling up in an F-body :( . I'll be reppin' the stupid fresh cherokee :lol: 8)

Fozzi58
11-15-2004, 11:56 AM
This all sounds fine and dandy but what is the meet for? Just a meet to hang? Does Fudds know we're coming and are they sectioning off the parking lot? Or do I have to worry anout some jackass with his Expedition parking next to me, so his bratty kids can get out and ding my door? (Like that brainless twat that pulled in between us at the photoshoot in Harriman - if I ever see him or his ugly kids and wife again, it will be too soon.)

I guess I'm going to have to order that electric blanket so I can put the top down. Well I guess I'll go, what the hell....

SpeakersGoBoom
11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Then Chuck dissappeared. I haven't seen him online or on the board, and he hasn't answered his phone. If anyone has seen/talked with him, find out what's up....ok?

- Justin

Well, hes not dead. That much I know. I just got a PM from him today about his sub box that I want.

V
11-15-2004, 11:55 PM
well..it now seems that this is one more meet i wont be attending. something came up that takes priority over this, so.... maybe another time i'll appear.

Tru2Chevy
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
This all sounds fine and dandy but what is the meet for? Just a meet to hang? Does Fudds know we're coming and are they sectioning off the parking lot? Or do I have to worry anout some jackass with his Expedition parking next to me, so his bratty kids can get out and ding my door? (Like that brainless twat that pulled in between us at the photoshoot in Harriman - if I ever see him or his ugly kids and wife again, it will be too soon.)

I guess I'm going to have to order that electric blanket so I can put the top down. Well I guess I'll go, what the hell....

Yes, Fudds knows about the meet. Tim spoke with the manager about it directly. Because of the time of the meet, the parking lot won't be busy, so we should have no trouble parking together in our "normal" area.

- Justin

SpeakersGoBoom
11-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I guess I'm going to have to order that electric blanket so I can put the top down. Â*Well I guess I'll go, what the hell....

I hear you on that one. Â*If all goes well*, ill be leaving the TA home and bringing tony's (luckyluch86 i think his uername is) 88 Iroc Convertable. Â*That thing is so much fun to drive. :twisted:

* = Provided we can get the ******** thing to start! Im probably goin tomorrow to give him a hand with it.

12secondv6
11-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Dunno if I'll be there.

North meet in central jersey......

ar0ck
11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I think anyone whos still got their panties twisted up their ass should go anyway.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-20-2004, 11:12 PM
all go as a unified group, and, to protest, all carry pool sticks, holding them out the window as we pull into the lot. :lol:

ar0ck
11-22-2004, 02:02 PM

Just a reminder. We'll begin to gather at 1. Hopefully the weather will be super nice and dont forget to clean up your cars.

I'll go down at 1, and wait for the early birds, and we'll stick around till 2. (or untill were tired of waiting) And drive down.

I think its just two tolls down and two tolls back up, but I could be wrong.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-22-2004, 04:15 PM
if tony and i cant get the iroc to start by thursday, ill be in my driveway with my car, cleaning it up. if a car wont start, and wont even turn, and still doesnt do anything when you jump it...anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

V
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
The only way to fix a car like that IROC convert that wont do anything and is so heavily modified, is to get the guy who built it to sort it out. since he knows about the remote starter solenoid and all. :twisted: lol

Trans Am Chick
11-22-2004, 05:18 PM
lmao. AKA TAKE IT TO PAUL's

12secondv6
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Looks like I'm free now.... and I'll bring another v6 with me :)

1RawTA
11-23-2004, 07:21 AM
If the weather is nice i may be able to come down, i just gotta see whats going on... ill let you all know friday night/saturday morning

and are we all still meeting up at the reststop at 1:00 pm ?

ar0ck
11-23-2004, 11:54 AM
If the weather is nice i may be able to come down, i just gotta see whats going on... ill let you all know friday night/saturday morning

and are we all still meeting up at the reststop at 1:00 pm ?

Yep

SpeakersGoBoom
11-23-2004, 11:59 AM
And how do you suggest we do that? i push, tony steers for a mile, and then we switch on and off?

JPiZZiJP
11-23-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm from Middlesex (about 10 min from Bridgewater Fudd's) and I consider Fudd's more central than North.

Not that I should complain.. I'm only 10 min from fudd's hehe. But yeah, north to me would be like Paramus Hooters or something up that way.

~Joe

Trans Am Chick
11-23-2004, 03:15 PM
And how do you suggest we do that? Â*i push, tony steers for a mile, and then we switch on and off?

... ok fine pick paul up. happy? or jus give him directions.. hes a big boy he can drive himself... course the first step would be ASKING FOR HIS HELP!!!! insted of talking around him in the third person like i am now. haha

*HI PAUL!*

skorpion317
11-24-2004, 03:06 AM
ok, 1 PM meet up at the rest stop after exit 153 on the Parkway South. Try to get there on time, people. We don't wanna wait for stragglers.

jims69camaro
11-24-2004, 11:59 AM

the only reason you have a shot is because i've been sick. :fight:

this meet is most definitely not north jersey, since the CJCFO meets at bridgewater. oh, and CJCFO is Central Jersey Camaro Firebird Organization, for those who don't know.

this meet, from what i understand, will be their determining meeting as to whether they continue as an organization or not. best to show our support for them, as that is how most of us got organized to begin with - and, hence, the NJFBOA became an entity.

also, on the point of it being north, south or central, anything north of the raritan is north jersey to me. 153 would qualify. but, then again, i've lived in south jersey most of my life and only recently became a central jersey resident. it's all so confusing... where do we draw the line?

Trans Am Chick
11-25-2004, 05:34 PM
ok, 1 PM meet up at the rest stop after exit 153 on the Parkway South. Try to get there on time, people. We don't wanna wait for stragglers.

*cant remember.. which rest stop? (what town)

ar0ck
11-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Clifton/mcdonalds rest stop

Trans Am Chick
11-26-2004, 03:09 PM
ermm is that the rest stop across from the state trooper station thingie? *does someone else have directions? im too lazy to get them.

Trans Am Chick
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
*also*

is there a final list of whos meeting there? that way we dont leave people behind for being late? *not encouraging them to be late*

The Fixer
11-26-2004, 10:25 PM
I should be there at 1. Any particular section of the lot that we're gonna meet up in??

ar0ck
11-26-2004, 11:42 PM
As soon as you roll into the rest stop area is usually where we park, so their is no way you can miss us.

GP99GT
11-27-2004, 12:01 AM
i might show up late, but i dunno....depends on if i can get out of work early, and how tired i am. im up for hanging out somewhere after you guys get outta there though, cause ill probably be too tired to drive all the way down by myself...

The Fixer
11-27-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't think I'll miss you all, but just in case, which way do we go when we hit Rt. 22? West, East, North, South, up, down?? ;)

Enlighten me, please.

ar0ck
11-27-2004, 01:04 AM
I don't think I'll miss you all, but just in case, which way do we go when we hit Rt. 22? West, East, North, South, up, down?? ;)

Enlighten me, please.

I dont know lol

I just know by what I see. I forget which one, but its the rt 22 exit bear left all the way and it turns into rt. 22 heading Towards fudds. Ive just done it so many times I dont pay attention to the road signs.

12secondv6
11-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Still waiting on my friend to decide if she is joining us.

I'll either be there at 1......... or I won't :wink:

Skinnies still on.... slicks still on.... nitrous still in the car..... but... it is bone stock :wink:

skorpion317
11-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Still waiting on my friend to decide if she is joining us.

I'll either be there at 1......... or I won't Â* :wink:

Skinnies still on.... slicks still on.... nitrous still in the car..... Â*but... it is bone stock Â*:wink:

hmm, maybe we'll see a demonstration...

ar0ck
11-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Im so pumped.