PDA

View Full Version : sad storry...monte ss

maroman88
11-10-2004, 11:44 PM
about 5 years ago i saw this monte ss at a car show n i mite even have a picture of it...it was fully customized a really awesome car like no other, and the guy sold it on ebay, a kid bought it and beat the crap outa it and then he sold it on ebay for about $6k less then he payed for it about 2 years later. i just found it on ebay AGAIN this time in even worse shape, the front gfx is missing along with loads of paint and it even has rust now, heres a link to the ebay auction and im going to see if i have a picture of the car from 5 years ago
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4502706606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

skorpion317
11-11-2004, 12:19 AM
poor car :(

but it, fix it up and return it to it's former glory.

The Fixer
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM
ACK!!!!! :shock:

It makes me :barf: to see what people will do to cars, especially my favorite, the Monte SS.

I wonder when it made it's way out to Hackettstown? I used to see it around Fairview all the time, which is near where I work.

maroman88
11-11-2004, 09:23 AM
well i found a picture...sorta, its in the background and only the rear quarter lol, ill see if i can get it up on here later today

ar0ck
11-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah that car was pretty ugly to begin with. It just got beaten worse with the ugly stick.

Bobby_Oofoh
11-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Yeesh!

79dizZy28
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
speaking of monte's, i saw one this morning on new bridge road in either new milford/hackensack. it was sorta a primer gray with a black nose clip. was that any of our monte boys?? 8)

The Fixer
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
speaking of monte's, i saw one this morning on new bridge road in either new milford/hackensack. it was sorta a primer gray with a black nose clip. was that any of our monte boys?? 8)

Not I. Both of mine are white with burgundy interiors. :) I think I'm the only Monte owner on this board, but I'm here because my '88 has the heart and brains of an F-body. :D

79dizZy28
11-12-2004, 12:06 PM

Not I. Both of mine are white with burgundy interiors. :) I think I'm the only Monte owner on this board, but I'm here because my '88 has the heart and brains of an F-body. :D
oh, thought we had like 2-3 g-body owners. oh well :cheers:

transamws686
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
ACK!!!!! :shock:

It makes me :barf: to see what people will do to cars, especially my favorite, the Monte SS.

I wonder when it made it's way out to Hackettstown? I used to see it around Fairview all the time, which is near where I work.

steve is it really that bad....... remember the kids monte from the getty in westwood :roll:

The Fixer
11-12-2004, 06:28 PM
oh, thought we had like 2-3 g-body owners. oh well :cheers:

Doh!! I forgot about Paul (SmokingSS) and the TPI/5-speed Monte that he's building. His isn't on the road yet, so I don't think it was him.

steve is it really that bad....... remember the kids monte from the getty in westwood :roll:

Well, it's about even with that car I guess. The car from the Ebay auction has a fake convertible top and ancient Supertrapp mufflers under the back bumper. :shock:

transamws686
11-12-2004, 06:37 PM
hey steve I can'y get in touch with paul, I need some help tightening my header bolts, I can't get to them, so if either of you could help it i would appreciate it!!!

E :twisted:

The Fixer
11-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Eric, you have a PM.