PDA

View Full Version : LT headers with cutout

lt14mla
11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I know NJ is pretty strict when it comes to epa regulations and all but i wanted to know if i could pass inspection with this set up before i buy it.
I wanted to put on some long tubes(possibly hoooker). Immediatly after the LT's have dual electric cut outs and then welded to the cutouts, two cats. From the 2 cats have a y-pipe welded back to my flowmaster exhaust. Would i be able to pass emissions and inspections and all that ******** with this set up. please help me out.

ar0ck
11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
You probably wont pass a visible inspection without cats. Im pretty sure that Cut-outs are techincally "illegal" to have.

But Im no expert. Without cats it defenitly will not pass a sniffer test. And dont forget their starting to do spot inspections with mirrors.

Tru2Chevy
11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, as long as you have the cats, emmisions should be ok. Electric cutouts are illegal (IIRC), because they can be opened from inside the car.

I also don't know how much room you are going to have for the y-pipe if you have both a cat and cutout on each side. I would do a y-pipe just off the headers, then a cutout, then a cat.

- Justin

lt14mla
11-14-2004, 09:35 PM
yes but i have a 97 formula which has 2 cats so i think it will have problems if i dont have 2 idk i want to have the cutout and still pass with lt's