PDA

View Full Version : parting out a 3rd gen...

78camaro
11-14-2004, 10:50 PM
my friend has a 3rd gen camaro hes prting out (was in a accident n totalled) its a v6 auto everything on the car is in good shape but the dash front bumper n hood everything else is fine..

maroman88
11-15-2004, 12:06 AM
what year is it, underdash panels??? need to hide my wiring mess :twisted:

78camaro
11-15-2004, 08:39 AM
what year is it, underdash panels??? need to hide my wiring mess :twisted: 88 i think its a 88 87 or 89 i know tyhat lol , im not sure on the under dash panells i take a look

SpeakersGoBoom
11-15-2004, 08:54 AM
is it a hardtop/t top or a convertable? I need the coat hanger peggy thing(whatever its called) from behind the drivers seat. It screws onto the screen covering the rear speaker. Took my car apart and thats the one piece i seem to have lost :roll: how much for it?

78camaro
11-15-2004, 11:37 AM
is it a hardtop/t top or a convertable? I need the coat hanger peggy thing(whatever its called) from behind the drivers seat. It screws onto the screen covering the rear speaker. Took my car apart and thats the one piece i seem to have lost :roll: how much for it?

hard top its a base v6, ill ask him today n get back to you

enRo
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey, does he have the automatic pull-down hatch along with the little 4-slotted-copper/metal piece that activates it??? I know they came in a few V6's... And does he still have the entire taillight wiring harness?

78camaro
11-15-2004, 08:35 PM

2$

78camaro
11-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey, does he have the automatic pull-down hatch along with the little 4-slotted-copper/metal piece that activates it??? I know they came in a few V6's... And does he still have the entire taillight wiring harness?

im not sure what you mean about the hatch, but the wireing harness was cutt, ill take pictures of the hatch if that helps let me know , or you can come see it if you want

enRo
11-15-2004, 08:53 PM
If I had the REAL thing Id show you, but its an automatic hatch pull down. Theres a piece that bolts to the top of the rear panel that when u close the trunk, the piece attatched to the actual trunk touches this 4-pronged-object and activates the motor. Thus closing the trunk. Im trying to keep my eye out for this because my rear cargo area was entirely stripped, undercoated, and awaiting new weatherstripping to stop the tiny leak.

This is what it looks like (without the clamps :rofl:)
http://www.geocities.com/bigdaddykanesv8/Spring2004TA28.JPG

I also need at least one bulb setup from a taillight wiring harness (and 99.9% sure a Camaro bulb socket will wire and fit right up to a TA) cuz one of my left ones shorted, and now the bulb is 5x brighter than the rest. Its not the bulb, its the actual bulb housing. Thanks for the info tho ;-).

78camaro
11-15-2004, 09:41 PM
If I had the REAL thing Id show you, but its an automatic hatch pull down. Theres a piece that bolts to the top of the rear panel that when u close the trunk, the piece attatched to the actual trunk touches this 4-pronged-object and activates the motor. Thus closing the trunk. Im trying to keep my eye out for this because my rear cargo area was entirely stripped, undercoated, and awaiting new weatherstripping to stop the tiny leak.

I also need at least one bulb setup from a taillight wiring harness (and 99.9% sure a Camaro bulb socket will wire and fit right up to a TA) cuz one of my left ones shorted, and now the bulb is 5x brighter than the rest. Its not the bulb, its the actual bulb housing. Thanks for the info tho ;-).

ok ill take a looktomorrow n get back too you

SpeakersGoBoom
11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
i think i can do that. can you bring it to the november meet?

78camaro
11-15-2004, 11:05 PM
i think i can do that. can you bring it to the november meet?

yea sure, just remind me because ill deff forget :knock:

SpeakersGoBoom
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey, does he have the automatic pull-down hatch along with the little 4-slotted-copper/metal piece that activates it??? I know they came in a few V6's... And does he still have the entire taillight wiring harness? I thought they came in all 3rd gen f bodies. my old 2.8 had it, and that car had pretty much zero options

ar0ck
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Hey, does he have the automatic pull-down hatch along with the little 4-slotted-copper/metal piece that activates it??? I know they came in a few V6's... And does he still have the entire taillight wiring harness? I thought they came in all 3rd gen f bodies. my old 2.8 had it, and that car had pretty much zero options

Nope, I think it was an option. My 85 didnt have it, but my friends 92 RS had it.

Tru2Chevy
11-16-2004, 11:51 AM

Yea, my '85 SC didn't have it, but my '87 LT does.....

- Justin

78camaro
11-17-2004, 12:46 PM
what year is it, underdash panels??? need to hide my wiring mess :twisted:
hey, my friend doesnt have that he musta threw it out or soemthing orry about the delay

78camaro
11-17-2004, 12:47 PM

my friend has the piece he checked it out n i 9% sure it what you want so if you wanna come take a look at it or anything just let me know what you wnna do

V
11-17-2004, 10:32 PM
how are the front seats, if the are grey and nice, i'm intrerested in them for my monte, let me know. thanks

78camaro
11-18-2004, 02:04 AM
how are the front seats, if the are grey and nice, i'm intrerested in them for my monte, let me know. thanks

no sorry, only got 1 the driver seat was bent from passanger in the back sseat fron accident

SpeakersGoBoom
11-18-2004, 11:34 AM
how is the transmission?

78camaro
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
how is the transmission?

i believe its a 700 with shift kit, has a reciet fir being rrebuilt mayb 3k miles agi but slips goinginto 4th i believe

SpeakersGoBoom
11-18-2004, 11:51 AM
slipping after just 3k miles?! :shock:

78camaro
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
slipping after just 3k miles?! :shock:

yepthats what i said the rebuild job must gave been ******

V
11-18-2004, 04:45 PM
karl, what u need with a v6 tranny? lol

SpeakersGoBoom
11-19-2004, 11:15 AM
i thought they were all 700r4s, no?

78camaro
11-19-2004, 01:54 PM
i thought they were all 700r4s, Â*no?

i think they are too..

78camaro
11-19-2004, 02:18 PM
[quote="BigDaddyKane"]If I had the REAL thing Id show you, but its an automatic hatch pull down. Theres a piece that bolts to the top of the rear panel that when u close the trunk, the piece attatched to the actual trunk touches this 4-pronged-object and activates the motor. Thus closing the trunk. Im trying to keep my eye out for this because my rear cargo area was entirely stripped, undercoated, and awaiting new weatherstripping to stop the tiny leak.

I also need at least one bulb setup from a taillight wiring harness (and 99.9% sure a Camaro bulb socket will wire and fit right up to a TA) cuz one of my left ones shorted, and now the bulb is 5x brighter than the

rest. Its not the bulb, its the actual bulb housing. Thanks for the info tho ;-).[/quote

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/94241/index.html pics of teh motor thing for the hatch or whatever you wnated

Tru2Chevy
11-19-2004, 02:19 PM

i think they are too..

They are, but the 2.8/3.1 700R4's use a different input shaft and bellhousing than the 5.0/5.7 700R4s.

- Justin

78camaro
11-19-2004, 02:37 PM

i think they are too..

They are, but the 2.8/3.1 700R4's use a different input shaft and bellhousing than the 5.0/5.7 700R4s.

- Justin

oo thanks

V
11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
yes bellhousings are the biggest difference, you could probably get a TC to work with the v6 tranny input shaft and a v8 flexplate, but anyhow, chevy v8 bellhousings and v6 bellhousing are completely different....

there are some exceptions, say you want to install a v8 northstar in a rwd car, you'd need to get a v6 tranny since the bolt patterns are very similar and easily adapted. IMO easiest for a northstar would be a t5 v6 bellhousing with a t56 tranny...ooo fun, that gives me ideas... wait i have too many projects already.

i have 3 TH-350 trannys, if anyones interested, one even has the conversion bracket to mount the TQ arm....

SpeakersGoBoom
11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
:? :huh: :?:
<--Graduated St Joes in Montvale
Slow down, and try to use as many small, 4-6 letter words as possible

Wasted Youth
11-24-2004, 08:16 PM
my a/c delete iroc-z didn't have the hatch pulldown motor, most did come with them but not all...different years hook up differently, and if your car is equipped with the hatch popper the pulldown assembly will be different then those without the hatch pop...your best bet is to use 2 to make one...or match them before picking one up....unless you get it from the a similar trim car and take the tailight harness along with the hatch pulldown assembly...i could tell you the different styles between the years but it would require my going thru all of my third gen stuff and searching...lol...

Wasted Youth
11-24-2004, 08:16 PM
my a/c delete iroc-z didn't have the hatch pulldown motor, most did come with them but not all...different years hook up differently, and if your car is equipped with the hatch popper the pulldown assembly will be different then those without the hatch pop...your best bet is to use 2 to make one...or match them before picking one up....unless you get it from the a similar trim car and take the tailight harness along with the hatch pulldown assembly...i could tell you the different styles between the years but it would require my going thru all of my third gen stuff and searching...lol...

Wasted Youth
11-24-2004, 08:17 PM

j0n
11-24-2004, 08:23 PM
beware the triple post...arggggg