PDA

View Full Version : Best Food In N. Jersey

SpeakersGoBoom
11-20-2004, 10:30 PM
ok, I have an idea, just for ****s and giggles.
I say that we all list our favorite resturants/foods the resurant serve, and then, as a group, go to each resturant to sample the food and come to a group decision as to were the best places to eat in north jersey are. I'll start...

Speakersgoboom's nominations...
1) The Forum in paramus for their cheese fries w/ gravy
2) Applebees in paramus for their Chicken Fried Chicken (replace steemed vegetables w/ garlic mashed potatos)
3) Bichoffs in Teneck for anything ice cream or chocolate (anyone who knows that resurant well, please forgive me for butchering the name)
4) Wetzels Pretzels in GSP in paramus, for their Pizza Pretzels

Feel free to make as many nominations as you want. The more food, the better. :D
And when we come to a decision as to the best resurant in North Jersey, we should let the manager know that his resurant has been voted "Best In N. Jersey" by the North Jersey Chapter of the NJFBOA. maybe we can even get the meal on the house...(just a poor fat kid dreaming. dont mind me)

Trans Am Chick
11-20-2004, 10:35 PM
def. chicken fried chicken at applebees nd pizza pretzels at gsp but cheese fries definatelly goes to the belmont grill in north haledon. sry. the forum isnt THAT good nd theyre pretty expensive for wat they have.. its a diner not a resturant....

SpeakersGoBoom
11-20-2004, 10:42 PM
OFFICIAL NOMINATION LIST

SPEAKERSGOBOOM NOMINATES
1) The Forum in Paramus
2) Applebee's in Paramus
3) Wetzel's Pretzels in Paramus
4) Bichoff's in Teaneck
TRANS AM CHICK NOMINATES
1) Applebee's in Paramus (repeat)
2) Wetzel's Pretzels in Paramus (repeat)
3) Belmont Grill in North Haledon
4) Chilli's in Ramsey
5) On the Boarder in Paramus
MISTERJUICE NOMINATES
1) Johnny & Hanges in Fairlawn
2) Sutter's Mill in Suffern
3) Arthurs Tavern in...
SKORPION317 NOMINATES
1) Momento in West Milford
2) Jose Tejas in Fairfield
3) Don Pepe's in Fairfield
TPI MONTE SS NOMINATES
1) Ruth's Chris Steak House in Weehawken
2) Rudy's in CLiffside Park
3) Andiamo in Closter
TPI MONTE SS POTENTIALLY NOMINATES
1) This Italian Restaurant in Bogota
BIGDADDYKANE NOMINATES
1) New Orleans Steakhouse in Jefferson
2) Outback Steakhouse in Ledgewood(?)

misterjuice
11-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Johnny & Hanges in Fairlawn.....dogs/burgers and fries :)
Sutter's Mill in Suffern, NY, wings wings wings
Arthur's Tavern (not sure what town, but is in central NJ), Steaks

skorpion317
11-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Jose Tejas, Fairfield NJ
Don Pepe's Steakhouse, Fairfield NJ

and one other restaurant...I don't remember what the name of the place is. It's in West Milford, really nice Italian place. very small, but it seemed larger than it was. I had lobster ravioli in a pink vodka sauce, great bread, and some orange Italian-ice type dessert. Idk what that's called there's a special name for it. This place was awesome. when i find out the name i'll post it.

The Fixer
11-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Best steaks I've had are at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse down in Weehawken. Pricey, but phenomenal. For Italian food, try Rudy's in Cliffside Park, or Andiamo in Closter. My wife and I are planning to check out this Italian restaurant in Bogota that is supposed to be awesome. When we do, I'll post the review. :)

orange Italian-ice type dessert. Idk what that's called there's a special name for it.

My wife sez they usually call it a sorbet (pronounced Sor-Bay) here. She's not sure if there is an Italian translation for it. That's the one that looks like it's inside a frozen orange, right?

enRo
11-21-2004, 09:27 AM
You guys prolly havent tried the Blooming Onion at the Outback Steakhouse in Ledgewood... its an appetizer and its the only reason I go there twice a month... MMMMM so good *Pulls out a Prevacid*

Then theres New Orleans Steakhouse in Jefferson off Rt. 15... (my favorite resteraunt out of them all)... they have the BEST SIRLOIN STEAKS mmmmmm

skorpion317
11-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Jose Tejas, Fairfield NJ

and one other restaurant...I don't remember what the name of the place is. It's in West Milford, really nice Italian place. very small, but it seemed larger than it was. I had lobster ravioli in a pink vodka sauce, great bread, and some orange Italian-ice type dessert. Idk what that's called there's a special name for it. This place was awesome. when i find out the name i'll post it.

ok, found out the name....It's called Momento. It's tucked away on a backroad somewhere, almost like it's hidden. Great place. That's my #1 vote.

misterjuice
11-21-2004, 12:55 PM
You guys prolly havent tried the Blooming Onion at the Outback Steakhouse in Ledgewood... its an appetizer and its the only reason I go there twice a month... MMMMM so good *Pulls out a Prevacid*

Then theres New Orleans Steakhouse in Jefferson off Rt. 15... (my favorite resteraunt out of them all)... they have the BEST SIRLOIN STEAKS mmmmmm

Mmmmmmmmmmm bloomin' onions...............love that stuff........

Trans Am Chick
11-21-2004, 01:05 PM
i love bloomin onions but usually i get them from chilli's nd there call the wild flower there i think.

84HOtransam
11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
some orange Italian-ice type dessert. Idk what that's called there's a special name for it. .

its considered a course and its called inter-mezzo..it usually consists of lemon or a citrus type sorbet..its supposed to cleanse the palate before you have the entree...(cleans the taste buds and lets you get the real flavor from the food)

skorpion317
11-22-2004, 12:17 AM
some orange Italian-ice type dessert. Idk what that's called there's a special name for it. .

its considered a course and its called inter-mezzo..it usually consists of lemon or a citrus type sorbet..its supposed to cleanse the palate before you have the entree...(cleans the taste buds and lets you get the real flavor from the food)

yeah, sorbet, that's it! i know what it's for, i just didn't know what it was called.

slasherbarb
11-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Well, being the food conisuer that i am, I nominate these three places...

1) Applebees in Totowa...Orange Chicken skillet is amazing and they sometimes forget to card when we order drinks...hehehe...

2) Pappy's in Totowa...best hot dogs in the state!!(Gray's Papaya has the best in the world)

3) the Firehouse in Garfield...best pizza ever!!!

Bobby_Oofoh
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Portofino's in Oak Ridge.... located off of Berkshire Valley Road. (Great Italian Cuisine... usually packed!) Parking lot filled and cars lining the street.

ar0ck
11-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Brother Bruno's pizza in Wayne, ive been going there for ever.

Arent most of the chain food places the same?
Applebees - Cowboy Burger
OutBack - Bloomin Onion & Ribs
Oh and theirs this one place in Hackensack that I cant remember the name, but its really good BBQ.

Fozzi58
11-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Steve (or anybody for that matter):

If you want GOOD Italian food, you need to take a drive down to my neck of the woods. On Bloomfield Ave in North Newark, where the last stronghold of the off-the-boat, old school Italians live, are 2 restaurants, one better than the other. Michealangelo's is legendary...they have the best Rigatoni Arrabiata. Across the steet is a little place called Luigi's. I can't find anything on the menu i DONT like. The first time I ate there, it was so good...I went back the next night!

And for a good espresso or cappuccino after dinner, half a block away, is Cafe Intermezzo. I'll be in the back room playing cinquecento with the old timers.

If you want company -> ask me - the wife and I would love to come!

SpeakersGoBoom
11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
are those nominations, or just suggestions?

SpeakersGoBoom
11-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Arent most of the chain food places the same?

for the most part, yes. Â*I worked in applebees my Jr year tho. Â*all applebees serves the same food, but if the food doesnt do well at a certain resurant, that specific resturant drops it. Â*and vice versa. Â*if it sells really well, they hold on to it.

And by the way, the bbq in hackensack...is it by pep boys and the Record building? if so, its Cubby's.

Trans Am Chick
11-22-2004, 03:50 PM
yea thats tru. i luv the chicken fried chicken but only in paramus

GP99GT
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Jose Tejas, Fairfield NJ

ok, found out the name....It's called Momento. It's tucked away on a backroad somewhere, almost like it's hidden. Great place. That's my #1 vote.

i live in WM and ive never heard of that...hmm

i have no nominations cause i dont go out to eat enough....but wendys in wayne is good :lol:

Trans Am Chick
11-22-2004, 05:15 PM
wendys... realli... great tastes. lol personally id like to add jackle and hyde in nyc to my list of nominations. i <3 eating there

Savage_Messiah
11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Matt, shoot me an IM next time you're going to that Wendy's. Although I must say that the one in Bergenfield is a lot better. There's a little Italian place on Haledon Ave. that's pretty good also. Right by the church and the gun shop. Forgot the name.
Also.... hm. Applebee's wise, the one on 46, I think it's in Wayne but might be just outside; I love all teh appetizers there.
I know there are more but I can't think of them.

The Fixer
11-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Matt, shoot me an IM next time you're going to that Wendy's. Â*Although I must say that the one in Bergenfield is a lot better. Â*There's a little Italian place on Haledon Ave. that's pretty good also. Â*Right by the church and the gun shop.

B-field Wendy's is decent, as far as fast-food goes. Don't forget about Quizno's (also in B-field) for good sandwiches.

Up by Willy P., there's Brother Bruno's right across the street. They used to have great food when I went to school up there. There's also Big Jim's pizza down the hill heading into Haledon from Willy P.

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Cluck U chicken in Morristown has the best chicken I have had.

79dizZy28
11-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Don't forget about Quizno's (also in B-field) for good sandwiches.
:hail: QUIZNO's
i've been to the one in hillsdale and the one in bergenfield and all their toasted sandwiches are always excellent 8)

9secfirebird
11-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Satin Dolls in Lodi has some great white meat :shock:

Savage_Messiah
11-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Satin Girls in Lodi has some great white meat :shock: :rofl: :hitit:

Savage_Messiah
11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
oh my god, i can't believe i forgot quiznos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good call on that one... also with regards to Brunos and big Jims, i only have about 45 bucks left on my pioneer card :-D and they dont take meal plans, soooo I haven't gotten down there yet.

Bobby_Oofoh
11-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Satin Girls in Lodi has some great white meat :shock:

Satin Girls???... or Satin Dolls?

9secfirebird
11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
musta been satin dolls
ill edit it

misterjuice
11-22-2004, 10:12 PM
musta been satin dolls
ill edit it

Go eat your watermelons.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-22-2004, 10:22 PM
ok, so now the time has come to determine where and when to have our first meal. I suggest we do it on sunday aftermoons, when its not crowded. after lunch, but before the dinner crowd. Sunday is the only day i can guarantee I dont have work. Is sunday good for everyone else? And i second Satin Dolls. We should do that at the end, as a nice "wrap up" :lol:

misterjuice
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
I vote for Sutter's Mill in Suffern, NY :)

Savage_Messiah
11-22-2004, 10:48 PM
I'd say SportSexy but now you have to be 21 to go
So why have we not yet mentioned Hooters?

9secfirebird
11-22-2004, 10:52 PM
we should get together and go to an 18+ strip club one night abunch of us fbody guys

SpeakersGoBoom
11-22-2004, 11:00 PM
I'd say SportSexy but now you have to be 21 to go
So why have we not yet mentioned Hooters?

because as good as the environment is, the food really isnt that great there. just my opinon, but then again, the hooters i go to has been, im told, rated worst hooters in NJ

ar0ck
11-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Hooters ****ing sucks.

Fire Ass... nuff said.

Teds89IROC
11-22-2004, 11:12 PM
we should get together and go to an 18+ strip club one night abunch of us fbody guys

I second that...Stilleto's all the way!

~Ted

ar0ck
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM

~Ted

December 24th! Im going to celebrate my friends 19th birthday, and its a first for me, so Im inviting F-body guys too. Were going to go to Stilletos off rt. 17.

89 Trans Am WS6
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
i agree that the firehouse resteraunt in garfield is preety cool and has great food..dunno about best pizza..because i only had it once and i dont really remember but the rest of their food is top notch, plus u can look at all the old memorabilia

joe

79dizZy28
11-22-2004, 11:17 PM

~Ted

December 24th! Im going to celebrate my friends 19th birthday, and its a first for me, so Im inviting F-body guys too. Â*Were going to go to Stilletos off rt. 17.
hmm, sounds good :D

Teds89IROC
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
i agree that the firehouse resteraunt in garfield is preety cool and has great food..dunno about best pizza..because i only had it once and i dont really remember but the rest of their food is top notch, plus u can look at all the old memorabilia

joe

That place is good, didn't they burn down a while ago and reopened? I haven't been there in years.

~Ted

skorpion317
11-22-2004, 11:29 PM
boobies! BOOBIES!

SpeakersGoBoom
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok, so sunday afternoons work for everyone?

slasherbarb
11-23-2004, 12:04 PM

~Ted

December 24th! Im going to celebrate my friends 19th birthday, and its a first for me, so Im inviting F-body guys too. Â*Were going to go to Stilletos off rt. 17.
hmm, sounds good :D

hehehe...strippers...alright!!! :pimp:

Trans Am Chick
11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
this sux... that means i cant go...

heh enless sum1 knos where i cud get an id that says im 18 :-D

haha i think karl wud kill me tho... i wanna come!!

SpeakersGoBoom
11-23-2004, 10:25 PM

eh, i think for this i could make an exception...but you gotta go up on stage :wink:

ar0ck
11-23-2004, 10:30 PM

eh, i think for this i could make an exception...but you gotta go up on stage :wink:

Dont go there, this website is filled with alot of 18+ yr old guys.

The next comment has jail time written all over it.

skorpion317
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Karl = Glen Quagmire.

"Awwwright....giggity giggty!"

Trans Am Chick
11-23-2004, 10:42 PM

Dont go there, this website is filled with alot of 18+ yr old guys. Â*

The next comment has jail time written all over it.

:rofl: unfortunatelly your rite.. i am still considered underage.. *sigh... but how about if you get me in. then as soon as i turn 18. ill see what i can do about something like that... ok?! :-D

<-- id have fun with that... long as the girls up there with me are hot...

SpeakersGoBoom
11-23-2004, 10:44 PM
ill see what i can do. :twisted:

skorpion317
11-24-2004, 03:04 AM
ill see what i can do. :twisted:

please, don't.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
who the hell is Glen Quagmire?

skorpion317
11-24-2004, 09:53 AM
who the hell is Glen Quagmire?

have you ever watched "Family Guy"?

SpeakersGoBoom
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
nope. dont watch tv.

skorpion317
11-24-2004, 04:17 PM
nope. Â*dont watch tv.

you should start. it's a wonderful source of entertainment and information.

slasherbarb
11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
who wants to ride the q-train...awwwright!!! :pimp:

SpeakersGoBoom
12-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Ok, I've been out of it for a little while, but I think I've finished up the nominations list. I think that we should try and do it on Sundays. I assume that nobody has work on sunday afternoons/evenings. Is that alright with everyone? Anyway, heres the list. I think we're pretty good to start off...
NOMINATIONS

SPEAKERSGOBOOM NOMINATES
1) The Forum in Paramus
2) Applebee’s in Paramus
3) Wetzel’s Pretzels in Paramus
4) Bichoff’s in Teaneck
TRANSAMCHICK NOMINATES
1) Applebee’s in Paramus (repeat)
2) Wetzel’s Pretzels in Paramus
3) Belmont Grill in North Haledon
4) Chilli’s in Ramsey
5) On the Boarder in Paramus
6) Jeckle and Hyde in NYC
MISTERJUICE NOMINATES
1) Johnny & Hanges in Fairlawn
2) Sutter’s Mill in Suffern
3) Arthur’s Tavern in…
SKORPION317 NOMINATES
1) Momento in West Milford
2) Jose Tejas in Fairfield
3) Don Pepe’s in Fairfield
TPI MONTE SS NOMINATES
1) Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Weehawken
2) Rudy’s in Cliffside Park
3) Andiamo on Closter
BIGDADDYKANE NOMINATES
1) New Orleans Steakhouse in Jefferson
2) Outback Steakhouse in Ledgewood
SLASHERBARB NOMINATES
1) Applebee’s in Totowa
2) Pappy’s in Totowa
3) The Firehouse in Garfield
BOBBY OOFOH NOMINATES
1) Portofino’s in Oak Ridge
TRANSAM4LIFE NOMINATES
1) Brother Bruno’s Pizza in Wayne
DR GONZO NOMINATES
1) Cluck U Chicken in Morristown
79DIZZY28 NOMINATES
1) Quizno’s in Hillsdale
2) Quizno’s in Bergenfield
89TRANSAMWS6 NOMINATES
1) The Fireplace in Garfield (Repeat)

So can everyone do sundays? I have to head to class, but I should be back checking this evening. Thanks all. Heres to good food! :cheers:
-Karl

misterjuice
12-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Sunday is good for me.

Demian
12-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Harrolds in Raritan Center (Da Best Pastrami sandwich)
Azucar in Fort Lee (Pretty good Cuban Food)
When it comes to Italian I still have to go into the City to Carmines

SpeakersGoBoom
12-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Finally, someone shows interest in this idea. Well, the first two are good, and I suggest a club trip to the city for the third, but eating in NY defeats the purpose of finding the best food in North Jersey.

Tru2Chevy
12-29-2004, 04:21 PM
but eating in NY defeats the purpose of finding the best food in North Jersey.

Yea, but Carmine's kicks ass. I was pissed that the one at the Trop in AC wasn't open yet when I was there a few weeks ago.

- Justin

SpeakersGoBoom
12-29-2004, 04:25 PM
hm. whats good at carmines? im getting a new job soon, which should free up a lot of money for personal use. NO MORE DOLLAR MENU FOR ME! Anyway, exactly where is it? and whats good there?

camaro2you
12-29-2004, 07:28 PM
pats cheese steaaks:)