PDA

View Full Version : T/A taillight scanner mod concept..

V
11-23-2004, 01:57 AM
ok, during the winter i'm going to be making a custom controller for trans am taillights. Â*It will be an awesome mod at a car show or cruise night. Â* Its first being based off the "night rider" type front scanner. Â*When activated, the rear lamps of a trans am will "scan" back and forth from left to right and back. Â*I will be making several systems which will include a brand new custom rear taillight harness designed specially for this but will work just like stock as well(the harness will also solve bad buld/socket problems on many firebird and t/a harnesses). Â*I will most likely, try to give away 4 kits free so i can get feedback from users and test them out in the real world. Â*Once i actually start building the controllers, i will look into also adding a sequential turn signal option. Â*The "scanning" lights will be using the dimmer filament of the 1157 bulbs, which will be installed in all 8 rear light sockets. Â*Stock lights will work as normal with the system off. Â*In the next week or two i am going to be buying the circuit boards and materials to etch them to my specs. Â*The kit will be a direct plug in to 3rd gen T/A's, Â*It will NOT be designed to work with the 3rd gen firebird/formula taillights. Eventually i will make similar kits for camaros and and 3rd gen formulas.Â*These will NOT be DOT approved and will be for OFFROAD and SHOW USE ONLY. Â*I will offer a limited warrenty once i start selling the kits, but the first people testing them out there wont be a set warranty but if a problem arises, i WILL fix it, thats why you'd be testing it out for me, just in case a problem comes up. Â*All kits will be hand built and tested by me. Â*I'm looking for 2 people with 3rd gens t/a's and 2 people with 4th gen birds or t/a's to test these out for me. Â*I'll have one working in my GTA to show once i start getting ready to give out the prototypes. Â*if you're interested , post a reply and i will let you know the progress over the next few weeks. Â*I'll be doignt his over the winter since I do landscaping for a living and my winter break starts in about 2 weeks so i'm off until mid march.

SpeakersGoBoom
11-23-2004, 09:46 AM
IM IN! you said that you'd also have a sequential light system for turn signals. will that work when the scanner is not on, 2?

j0n
11-23-2004, 12:18 PM
im in wit my 95 t/a vert

V
11-23-2004, 04:46 PM
i have to see about what micro chips are avalable to sequence the lights correctly for the turn signals. If i include the sequential turn signal option, the directions will be like that all the time, As of now, i'm pretty sure i'll be able to keep the scanner option as a stand alone and it will not affect the brake lights turn signals or reverse lights, but will only override the parking lights. I will be looking into exact specs more when i finish with work around the 15th of dec. Install should be very simple, itll just be a matter of removing the taillights and unplugging the taillight harness, then youd plug in the new harness, click in the new sockets and bulbs into the lenses and then reinstall the taillights, i'll even do that for you.

j0n
11-23-2004, 05:53 PM
i can do the install myself and i would be more than happy to help out and find any bugs that may arise

84HOtransam
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
im not sure what style tail light your looking for but i have the older style t/a light...they look like 2nd gen tail lights...

id be happy to try them out..let me knwo what your looking for

wrong generation
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
if you still need some one with a thirdgen ta im in. this sounds really kool and my 86 ta could use a custom touch to it.

formula4speed
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
http://www.domestic-street-scenes.com/tbone/

That guy is a sponsor over on fbody.com, you could probably talk to him if you run into any problems.