PDA

View Full Version : wanted inspection sticker

wrong generation
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
any one no where i can get one ?

NJSPEEDER
12-03-2004, 06:36 PM
that all depends on why you can't go through the state. little things like tint and banners are no problem, if th car doesn't have a drop of emmisions equipment, is hella loud, and on full slicks it is a different story.
also a lot depends on how you use your car. is it a daily driver or a weekend toy for you?

later
tim

bluebird94
12-03-2004, 06:49 PM
i would say the local DMV that does inspections? lol

wrong generation
12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
umm ill go with the non existing emissions equipment, hella loud and and although my tires might as well be full slicks there is a few other things that will probably keep me from passing besides the tires.

NJSPEEDER
12-07-2004, 10:58 PM
how do you use the car?
if you don't drive it a lot(or if you are willing to put a switch in to turn your speedo+odo on and off) you can get a collectors registration on your car.
it is a loophole that was created to slip through "show" and "collectable" type vehicles that are less than 25years old(when tehy become eligable for classic tags).
basically you have to meet state required safety and the car can not be more than 95db(the federal highway and new jersey applied noise limit). there is no emissions test to worry about. you use regular insurance and are not even required to change to any special insurance to reflect teh registration.
the fee is $22 i believe, that is in addition to your regular registration fees. go to your local dmv and check it out.

later
tim

wrong generation
12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
i use the car as my daily driver

j0n
12-08-2004, 01:53 PM
scour the junkyards with high hopes

SpeakersGoBoom
12-09-2004, 01:05 PM
how do you use the car?
if you don't drive it a lot(or if you are willing to put a switch in to turn your speedo+odo on and off) you can get a collectors registration on your car.
it is a loophole that was created to slip through "show" and "collectable" type vehicles that are less than 25years old(when tehy become eligable for classic tags).
basically you have to meet state required safety and the car can not be more than 95db(the federal highway and new jersey applied noise limit). there is no emissions test to worry about. you use regular insurance and are not even required to change to any special insurance to reflect teh registration.
the fee is $22 i believe, that is in addition to your regular registration fees. go to your local dmv and check it out.

later
tim

Are there any limitations like with QQ plates? (ex. max number of miles allowed per year, etc) Is it just the registration thats different, or do you get a cool new licenseplate that says "collector" or something like that?

ar0ck
12-09-2004, 01:56 PM
how do you use the car?

later
tim

Are there any limitations like with QQ plates? (ex. max number of miles allowed per year, etc) Â*Is it just the registration thats different, or do you get a cool new licenseplate that says "collector" or something like that?

Its usually set as a limited amount of miles per year, and I believe the plates start with QQxxxxx

NJSPEEDER
12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
you keep your regular plates and insurance with the collectors registration. they do limit your mileage to 3000 a year. so it definately won't work for a daily driver.
it is different from qq because you are only supposed to drive antiqued cars to automotive events/shows. with collectors it is still a regular car you can take where ever you want as long as the odo doesn't show over 3k a year.
if it works out like qq plates always have i wouldn't worry too much about teh mileage thing. none of my friends with qq's have ever had their mileage checked or even recorded for them to give them **** for it.
i plan to wire a switch into my electroing speedo so i can turn it off. :)

later
tim

ar0ck
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
So asides from the collectors insurance.

You could try and go to a junkyard and try and find a similar car with good tags. Or just ask around somes shops or car people you feel comphurtable with. I knew people in Paterson, that knew people.