PDA

View Full Version : flywheel

GrandmasterCow
12-03-2004, 09:04 PM
alright, it seems as though i got the 3.4l flywheel instead of the 3.8l. does anyone know if it's still usuable on my car, or if i should sell it and just pickup a 3.8l flywheel? i'm hoping to resolve this by tomorrow(saturday) =\

Little G
12-04-2004, 01:49 AM
90* flywheel is different from 60* v6

GrandmasterCow
12-04-2004, 08:49 AM
yeah i figured that lol. looks like i f*cked up. i need a new flywheel, new bellhousing, new hydrolic system for 98 with the hydrolic bearing, etc... GREAT =\ supopsed to have been able to finish it today, looks like i have a big delay now .

NJSPEEDER
12-04-2004, 08:18 PM
the flywheel is a service part, so getting a replacement at your local auto parts store or gm dealership will be easy. i woudl also recomend calling places like hawks or thirdgen resource. they both carry 4th gen stuff and can prolly hook you up for a reasonable price.
i will talk to little g about grabbing a bell housing and any other useful stuff you may need from his spare trannies.

later
tim

GrandmasterCow
12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
nice man, thanks so much. i have everything out and ready it's just i ran into the small prob that i picked up the wrong stuff. lol. yeah, i need bellhousing, hydrolic master, hydrolic bearing, dustshield, if he has a shift knob, thatd be great cuz i lost mine :(. lol then only thing left is a console that i guess ill search ebay for.

j0n
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
neon blue shift knobs are on sale at pep boys :wink:

Mike
12-23-2004, 03:48 PM
if you still need a knob at the next meet ask me, my stock one is chillin in my center console

GrandmasterCow
12-24-2004, 01:09 AM
hah prob ya. atm, i need a master cylinder. me and my friend, mostly my friend, broke mine and its gonna take 2 wks for a new one :( just as we were about to test the setup too =\