PDA

View Full Version : Junkyards

Savage_Messiah
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
where are the nearest ones?

ar0ck
12-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Theirs a few small ones in downtown paterson, and theirs one off rt.46 (GI Salvage) But dont expect to find any 4th gens. Ive never seen one at any junkyard Ive been to in my entire existance.

GP99GT
12-05-2004, 09:15 PM
if you're lookin for a 4th gen, good luck...theres a place up in Warwick called Spechs, they have some third gens and a bunch of other assorted cars

Trans Am Chick
12-05-2004, 09:36 PM
im pretty sure theres one in the more residential area of wayne... i remember my dad taking me somewhere when i was little... ill havta ask him. and get back to you.

SpeakersGoBoom
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
what about hunts point auto wrecking in hunts point, ny?

Savage_Messiah
12-06-2004, 12:42 AM
third gens would work i think, im looking for a posi or lim slip carrier (dont need ring& pinion gears)

JPiZZiJP
12-06-2004, 12:50 AM
You can find hookers at Hunts Point, NY too lol

~Joe

78camaro
12-06-2004, 09:25 AM
theres one on rt 46,about 2 miles or so passed willowbrook mall they have 5 or so 3rd gens n liek 2 4ths, good luck

Tru2Chevy
12-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Harry's U-Pull-It is one of the biggest junkyards in the country that isn't too far away from you Nrth Jersey guys. They usually have 3rd and 4th gens there, and wandering around there is a great way to spend a day.

http://www.wegotused.com/

- Justin

bad64chevelle
12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I was in a junkyard while on a vacation to Maine...yeah i go to junkyards on vacation! :geek: but I remember seeing a few 4th gens and alot of 3rd gens. At the time I owned a jeep and not the Z so didnt really care about the 4th gens but the reason i remember was cause there was a (id say 1998-2000) WS6 Trans Am there that was rolled in on the back of a flatbed when i got there, they rolled the back half off the truck first and about 5 minutes later they rolled the front half off! :cry: Anywas i was in a junkyard in lacey township a few months ago that had a messed up 4th gen T/A & 4th gen 6 cyl Firechicken. The TA was well picked over and the 6cyl had nothing of use. 4th gens will be hard to find in a junkyard! I have been to many (and I mean many) junkyards and can hardly remember any 4th gens. Try Tighlmans Junkyard on rt.68 in colombus for any 3rd gens they may have some!

slasherbarb
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
im pretty sure theres one in the more residential area of wayne... i remember my dad taking me somewhere when i was little... ill havta ask him. and get back to you.
you mean Camp's in Wayne...they're good...decent prices...got a bunch of **** for the beretta there...not sure about fourth gen stuff though

Savage_Messiah
12-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Harry's U-Pull-It is one of the biggest junkyards in the country that isn't too far away from you Nrth Jersey guys. They usually have 3rd and 4th gens there, and wandering around there is a great way to spend a day.

- Justin

$30 transmissions this week in allentown?!?!?!?! damn, I may be up for a road trip... my trans has 156,900 miles on it, who know when I'll need a new one :lol:

Fozzi58
12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Bib's Auto Salvage - Kearney
GI Auto Salvage - Pine Brook (next to wayne)
Cobra Autowreckers - Whippany
JJ&A Auto Parts - Lyndhurst
Jersey Salvage and Towing - newark

Try www.anywho.com for phone numbers. (I can't do everything for you!)

Hunt's Point is rockin but make sure you leave 2 friends with bats in the car if you bring a car thats worth taking. Got an entire 3rd gen interior from there, but almost had to walk it home...

Harry's U Pull is good too.

There's a place called U Pull It wreckers in Vineland NJ as well.

j0n
12-07-2004, 01:35 PM

- Justin

$30 transmissions this week in allentown?!?!?!?! damn, I may be up for a road trip... my trans has 156,900 miles on it, who know when I'll need a new one Â*:lol:

$30 dollar transmissions are worth the trip...i think i may take a road trip as well...if a t56 is part of the special

SpeakersGoBoom
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Is that for the transmission alone, or the complete setup?

Tru2Chevy
12-08-2004, 09:39 AM

- Justin

$30 transmissions this week in allentown?!?!?!?! damn, I may be up for a road trip... my trans has 156,900 miles on it, who know when I'll need a new one Â*:lol:

$30 dollar transmissions are worth the trip...i think i may take a road trip as well...if a t56 is part of the special

They would be considered part of the special, if you were lucky enough to find one in the yard. Most of them end up next door, at Kress (all late-model, low milage stuff).

- Justin

Mister_Johnny99
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Don't forget;
Concourse on Rt23N in West Milford.
Sar's in Oak ridge, I think.
S&S Recyclers on W.Oakland ave in Oakland.