PDA

View Full Version : April meet

NJSPEEDER
12-05-2004, 09:57 PM
i know that it is thinking waaaaayyyy ahead, but i have a little plan for teh april meet.
what do you guys think of having a small car show with trophies as a charity event and then ending up at teh firkin tavern where we had our first meet?
this plan came about when i was thinking of fund raisers for the kids in my youth group(yes, myself, little g, and tru2chevy are actually youth leaders...be very afreaid:))
we would liek to take teh kids on a mission trip this summer but gota raise some seriosu dough. so i figure we have a small car show, sell bbq and stuff, then head over to firkin for dinner. shoudl be able to raise a few bucks for teh kids and have a grand old tiem ourselves.
i was thinking liek a $10 entry fee and give out like 5-10 trophies. maybe have the kids selling burger, dogs, and sodas for $1 a piece.
tru2chevcy adn i counted that we can fit about 50 cars comfortably, 60 if we squeeze everyone in a little.

anyone object to the idea?

later
tim

foff667
12-05-2004, 11:12 PM
i know that it is thinking waaaaayyyy ahead, but i have a little plan for teh april meet.
what do you guys think of having a small car show with trophies as a charity event and then ending up at teh firkin tavern where we had our first meet?
this plan came about when i was thinking of fund raisers for the kids in my youth group(yes, myself, little g, and tru2chevy are actually youth leaders...be very afreaid:))
we would liek to take teh kids on a mission trip this summer but gota raise some seriosu dough. so i figure we have a small car show, sell bbq and stuff, then head over to firkin for dinner. shoudl be able to raise a few bucks for teh kids and have a grand old tiem ourselves.
i was thinking liek a $10 entry fee and give out like 5-10 trophies. maybe have the kids selling burger, dogs, and sodas for $1 a piece.
tru2chevcy adn i counted that we can fit about 50 cars comfortably, 60 if we squeeze everyone in a little.

later
tim

sounds good but where would the bbq be?

Tru2Chevy
12-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Everything would take place in the church parking lot, which is right around the corner (literally) from Firkin Tavern.

- Justin

superblonde
12-07-2004, 10:46 AM
i'm there...

(yes, myself, little g, and tru2chevy are actually youth leaders...be very afreaid:))

just plain scary...

78camaro
12-07-2004, 01:57 PM

later
tim

that soundslike great idea, i hope everyone helps in getting the idea through and making it happen, alot of people lots of food nd some reallllly nice cars,call me crazy but that would be one hell of fun day :headbang: :fluffy:

NJSPEEDER
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
only thing about setting it up that i truely question is do we make teh show exclusive to club members? exclusive to f-bodies?
i like the idea of an all f-body car show as long as we can get prolly 40+ cars to preregister. i know my car will be in it :)

later
tim

Ian
12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
and if all goes well, I'll be there with an F-body. :twisted:

j0n
12-07-2004, 10:00 PM
im down

Squirrel
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
which chich?

Ant'sWS6
12-08-2004, 10:36 PM

later
tim

Sounds like a sweet idea, I'm in!! Let me know if you need any help, I'm game. That's really cool what you guys are doing for the kids. One thought, if we want to save money on the trophies (I don't really know the cost so this idea may not be worth it) we could make up some plaques and print them out. I'm good with Adobe Photoshop. Illustrator and Pagemaker/InDesign programs so I'd be willing to do the computer work for them and maybe get some free printing by printing them on the color plotter at work :D :twisted: . I don't know if people will think it's chessy to get a plaque instead of a trophy but they will be free (and will look good, no crap shall come out my computer) which is more money going to the kids. Let me know what you think!!

NJSPEEDER
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
squirrel, it is the presbyterian church on sctoch road.

antsws6, that is a good idea man. trophies do cost a pretty penny from what i understand. i know a few places to get really nice picture frames for cheap. definately something to look in to.

later
tim

86Transam
12-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea, i will be there. hopefully my car stays running.

Matt

MonmouthCtyAntz
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Sounds fun...doubt Ill have an fbody by then..and i wouldnt show up in anything less...maybe ill catch a ride w/ one of you guys ;)

bluebird94
12-09-2004, 10:38 PM
sounds like fun, id be interested

bluebird94
12-09-2004, 10:40 PM
how would the trophies be given out? who would be picking?

Tru2Chevy
12-10-2004, 09:27 AM
how would the trophies be given out? who would be picking?

We haven't decided on exact classes yet, however voting would be open to all attendees of the show.

- Justin

bluebird94
12-10-2004, 05:25 PM
can there be a trophy for the v6 that looks most like a v8 on the outside? lol

NJSPEEDER
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
can there be a trophy for the v6 that looks most like a v8 on the outside? lol

only if you man up and put in the 4.56's :P

later
tim

j0n
12-10-2004, 08:17 PM