PDA

View Full Version : FS: 99 Grand Prix GT

GP99GT
12-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Lookin to sell my GPGT to buy a DSM probably...want to get $5k obo.

Heres what its got:
3.8L Series II V6, auto trans
118k miles
Motor pulls very strong, no smoke, minor lifter(?) tick
K&N filter replacing airbox (stock airbox/filter included)
17" wheels (some curb rash and 2 of them have bends, they hold air fine)
Sony xplod rear speakers
Leather interior, power drivers seat, traction control, cruise control, power locks/windows, keyless entry
Sumitomo HTR+ all season tires with about 10k miles on them
new front KYB GR-2 struts
strut tower brace

Other issues: Trans has a whirring noise to it, pitch of sound goes up with engine speed when in gear...i was told its the "pump shaft bearing", it definitley sounds like a bad bearing....quoted at $300 to fix (including labor)
drivers side window switch doesnt work as well as it should, gotta press on it kinda hard but it works
very minor exhaust leak

Pictures are here: www.cardomain.com/id/gp99gt . PM me or get me on AIM at "ozzyosbourne696" if you have any questions. Car located in north jersey, West Milford...07480

j0n
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
replace with an f-bod

GP99GT
12-07-2004, 10:25 PM
replace with an f-bod

no :roll:

too much gas, too much insurance...im goin fast the cheap way now

j0n
12-08-2004, 11:45 AM
replace with an f-bod

no Â*:roll:

if i remember properly theres a 96 3.8 camaro convertible for sale...v6s are cheap on insurance, cheap on gas, and come with God's other son for an engine

GP99GT
12-08-2004, 04:49 PM
replace with an f-bod

no :roll:

if i remember properly theres a 96 3.8 camaro convertible for sale...v6s are cheap on insurance, cheap on gas, and come with God's other son for an engine

nah i want somethin fast :P

j0n
12-08-2004, 04:59 PM
ouch.... [waits for craig and james]

SpeakersGoBoom
12-08-2004, 10:12 PM
:stupid:

nah i want somethin fast Â*:P

You --> :nutkick: <--James

After a matchup at island between james car and anything you can find.

James--> :nutkick: <--You
Me--> :rofl:

GP99GT
12-08-2004, 10:53 PM
:stupid:

nah i want somethin fast :P

You --> :nutkick: <--James

After a matchup at island between james car and anything you can find.

James--> :nutkick: <--You
Me--> :rofl:

You = 10 miles behind my DSM and 15 behind James with your TBI 305 'bird :lol:

I think i found what car im getting, its a 92 Talon TSI, in MINT condition...$3500

maroman88
12-08-2004, 11:27 PM
i got a friend that is one of those die hard dsm guys. hes on his third need i say more, 1 crashed and 2 he ended up blowing looooottttttttsssss of money on new engines, there quick but VERY unrelaible, id rethink ur fast for cheap strategy

Tru2Chevy
12-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Tim's brother (Brian) has an early Talon TSI with a popped motor. I think he's still trying to sell the car and he has a lot of nice extra parts for sale as he used to autocross and rally with it.

Shoot Tim or Brian (wrxdriver) a PM if you have any questions.

- Justin

SpeakersGoBoom
12-09-2004, 12:50 PM
You = 10 miles behind my DSM and 15 behind James with your TBI 305 'bird

Its a quadrajet.

Let me get some money together for more than 15 minutes. Â*We'll see whos 10 seconds behind who. :twisted:

j0n
12-09-2004, 04:38 PM
my moneys on this 99gt character...with all the talk about stereo this and knightrider that...i wouldnt bet on u vs a stock tsi

ar0ck
12-09-2004, 04:46 PM

Its a quadrajet.

Let me get some money together for more than 15 minutes. Â*We'll see whos 10 seconds behind who. Â*:twisted:

If I had this or had this... blah blah blah

Stock for Stock, it would still kick your cars ass.

And Matt, as nice as the DSM that your looking at is. My offer to help you swap a 350 into an F-Body still stands. All you have to do is buy me lunch, and we could nock out the swap in a weekend provided you have everything needed.

GP99GT
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Tim's brother (Brian) has an early Talon TSI with a popped motor. I think he's still trying to sell the car and he has a lot of nice extra parts for sale as he used to autocross and rally with it.

Shoot Tim or Brian (wrxdriver) a PM if you have any questions.

- Justin

eh i'd rather have an unmolested DSM...you should see the condition this car is in, im gonna throw the pics up onto my Tripod site later tonight. Heres the description:

Its a 92 TSi FWD 5 spd 6 bolt mint condition. It has working ice cold a/c, a 3 inch turboback stainless, k+n, boost and egt in a pillar pod, sprints and agxs, removed cruise new p/s rack. The car has a fairly new timing belt and rebuilt head also. Newer brakes on all 4 corners and good tires. It runs and drives perfect and needs nothing at all.

Modded to get me Mid 14's, and not beat to ****...i like for $3500.

http://gp99gt.tripod.com/talonpics/ Theres the pictures.....make sure you view full size so you can see how clean it is...

j0n
12-09-2004, 05:07 PM
still aint an f-body

kamikaz
12-09-2004, 05:44 PM
my moneys on this 99gt character...with all the talk about stereo this and knightrider that...i wouldnt bet on u vs a stock tsi :rofl:

89 Trans Am WS6
12-09-2004, 10:12 PM
If you want cheap and fast then a DSM is not for you. A friend of mine would be best to talk to about DSMs, they are the biggest pos's youll ever find. He had a 92 Tsi (one of 3 DSMs i think) that got the motor rebult 35830853 times, and finally replaced with the "cyclone" the jdm version of the standard 4g63T, which later blew up.

i say 6 banger fbody :D

or um if you want turbo a dodge 2.2 car, a shelby daytona or something.

GP99GT
12-09-2004, 10:39 PM
If you want cheap and fast then a DSM is not for you. A friend of mine would be best to talk to about DSMs, they are the biggest pos's youll ever find. He had a 92 Tsi (one of 3 DSMs i think) that got the motor rebult 35830853 times, and finally replaced with the "cyclone" the jdm version of the standard 4g63T, which later blew up.

i say 6 banger fbody :D

or um if you want turbo a dodge 2.2 car, a shelby daytona or something.

They are only pieces of **** if you beat on them bad and dont take care of them.

no V6 f-body, too slow without lots of money/work and insurance will be more.

Find me a decent daytona that doesnt have tons of miles...dodge's also tend to blow head gaskets alot.

SpeakersGoBoom
12-09-2004, 10:55 PM

cough:89GTA:cough....

And jOn, the sound system can come out. o well. other than a possible tranny sway and a posi rear, im probably not going to do much to the TA. its reliable, and right now, thats what i need most of all. Money will go into the camaro.

GP99GT
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM

cough:89GTA:cough....

And jOn, the sound system can come out. o well. other than a possible tranny sway and a posi rear, im probably not going to do much to the TA. its reliable, and right now, thats what i need most of all. Money will go into the camaro.

you mean 89TTA, as in the turbo trans am? good luck finding one, if thats what you were inferring. he was suggesting a 3.8 series II f-body.

84HOtransam
12-10-2004, 01:08 AM
tsi awd...ive seen them in the low 11's and still daily driven...

ar0ck
12-10-2004, 06:52 AM
tsi awd...ive seen them in the low 11's and still daily driven...

The deal is, everyone thinks they are crap, because all you hear is horror stories. Because you have a bunch of ignorant people online, who dont know what their doing and screw **** up (go to a dsm forum its sad) When their properly maintained (like any other car) they can be gems.

maroman88
12-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Its a 92 TSi FWD 5 spd 6 bolt mint condition. It has working ice cold a/c, a 3 inch turboback stainless, k+n, boost and egt in a pillar pod, sprints and agxs, removed cruise new p/s rack. The car has a fairly new timing belt and rebuilt head also. Newer brakes on all 4 corners and good tires. It runs and drives perfect and needs nothing at all.

TSI is supposed to = AWD Turbo car, not a FWD

GP99GT
12-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Quote:

TSI is supposed to = AWD Turbo car, not a FWD

negatory....

Eclipse has the GS-T, which is FWD, and GSX, which is AWD

Talon has the TSI, which is FWD, and the TSI AWD, which is obviously AWD

NJSPEEDER
12-11-2004, 03:10 PM
honestly the only weak link in any 1st gen or early 2nd gen dsm is teh tranny. the synchros jsut seem to be weak for some reason.

GP99GT, check your pm's. i sent you a list of stuff i have that will help you speed that thing up a little :)

later
tim

j0n
12-11-2004, 03:29 PM
screw dsm...if u want cheap/fast find an auto 305 3rd gen...dump in a mild 350...gears + posi...total cost should be around 3500 bucks...same as a dsm 4 insurance...and hello 13s

GP99GT
12-11-2004, 03:58 PM
well i dont have it yet, lmao...i still gotta find someone to buy my car, but thanks for the tips Speeder.

and j0n, how many times have i said i dont want to do a swap? gas will kill me too, and i can hit 13's pretty easy with the DSM...i just need some boost supporting mods, maybe a front mount intercooler as well

j0n
12-11-2004, 04:04 PM
well i dont have it yet, lmao...i still gotta find someone to buy my car, but thanks for the tips Speeder.

and j0n, how many times have i said i dont want to do a swap? gas will kill me too, and i can hit 13's pretty easy with the DSM...i just need some boost supporting mods, maybe a front mount intercooler as well

dont forget suspension out the ass...thats fwd remember...with 13s power u gunna need help to put it to the pavement...then there's torque steer etc...

NJSPEEDER
12-12-2004, 01:17 AM
if you got a 305 powered 3rd gen 13's are a joke. gun for 12's and you can still run it on a budget.
intake, a good torque convertor, some gears, and a little tuning. 13's are nothin.

later
tim

Tru2Chevy
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey, I know someone who just wrecked her car and is looking for something used. I told her about the GP, and she's interested. She won't know for sure until things get settled with the insurance company though.

- Justin

GP99GT
12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey, I know someone who just wrecked her car and is looking for something used. I told her about the GP, and she's interested. She won't know for sure until things get settled with the insurance company though.

- Justin

cool, thanks....i have 2 other people considering as well, one of them being Alex/transam4life's parents.

GP99GT
12-28-2004, 06:58 PM
bump....still for sale....COME ON PEOPLE :(