PDA

View Full Version : new parts car...yes another...1988 trans am GTA

V
12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
ok, this car will be at my house in like 2 week, its up by boston now and i gotta find time to get it, along with the other 2 cars i have down south, lol, all are paid for in full and just waiting for me to pick them up. :lol: :roll:

this new one is an 1988 trans am GTA, i'm using the front bumper, hood, and front lights for my 87 gta. And the lumbar seats are going in my monte. its a hardtop, silver/gray in color, digital dash, steering wheel w/radio controls, 5.7 tpi motor, 700r4 tranny, possible 9 bolt disc rear. body is no good, floor is rusted out, and so is rear bottom of 1/4 panels, all ground effects are intact. PM with needs and i'll get back to you when the car gets here. ...and i think this will be the last parts car for the winter... :D

78camaro
12-08-2004, 02:22 AM
check your PM

The Fixer
12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Wow, I should buy the TPI and EFI my daily driver SS. :)

JerzLT1
12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
you know what gears the rear has? i could use a Posi for my 86

V
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
u definately need 2 tpi montes :wink: i havent decided if i'm sellign the motor yet, i may drop it into my 94 6cyl bird, oh i dunno yet, i have too many plans...haha

um gears im not sure of yet, i'll have to check when i have the car here, off the top of my head id say 3:27 but could be 3:45, and should be a disc brake rear as well.

SpeakersGoBoom
12-09-2004, 01:01 PM
If you decide to sell it, I may take it off of your hands for the camaro project, if the price is reasonable enough
<--Poor college kid working his ass off to save up 500 bucks for the camaro. will have the money by january tho, after working pretty much every hour possible for a month.

JerzLT1
12-09-2004, 01:08 PM
ill take it if its got Posi 3:27 or 3:45 anything is better then my limited slip Â*2:73s :oops: just give me a price

SpeakersGoBoom
12-09-2004, 01:11 PM
By any chance, do you have any other posi rears for sale? lexi wants one.

Trans Am Chick
12-09-2004, 02:24 PM
thanx for lookin out hun but i already asked him to keep his eye out for sum stuff.

Untamed
12-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Too bad the body is messed up. Im convinced I'll never get this resto project started until I have a hunk of junk sitting in my driveway with the wife complaining about it.

Wasted Youth
12-10-2004, 12:42 PM
im looking for an 89-92 PBR 3.45 9 bolt rear if you come across one, also looking for a flowmaster dual outlet, SLP, random technology, borla or hooker catback exhaust for a single cat car....lol...

V
12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
ok, ill keep my eyes open for a rear, i know i do have an intermediate pipe from a flowmaster catback system, its the pipe that goes from the single cat to the muffler, youd just need to buy a muffler and taillipes(which you could also make from regular pipes). the pipe is 3" madrel bent.

JerzLT1
12-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I might be takin my hooker off to have SLP LM put on. ill let ya know when its gonna be happenin if your interested

lt14mla
12-10-2004, 02:28 PM
looking for a the stock ****** ten bolt with 3.23s-3.73's with posi, let me know if you find one thanks

wrong generation
12-10-2004, 07:12 PM
is there any way that i can have dibs on the front side ground effects and fog light set up ? door/trunk locks and keys? head liner and digital dash ? if so please email me at 86firebirdta@comcast.net

V
12-11-2004, 02:07 AM
zeek, ok you are the first to ask about the front gound effects, fogs, headliner, and lock set so i'll hold those for you and ill let you know the exact condition of those items once the car gets here(estimated dec 19th) as for the digital dash, i havent decided if i'm going to swap it into my 87 gta or not. so i'll let you know about that once i decide, but if i do sell it, youll have first shot at it.

camaro2you
12-11-2004, 07:24 AM
ill take the motor and rear off your hands and maybe the tranny.

V
12-11-2004, 08:13 AM
tranny and rear have already been called for, and i havent decided if the motor is for sale or going into one of my other cars

karl, on that 90 camaro, do you want the 6cyl engine and trans left in it or do you want me to pull it since you're doing a new motor in it anywhere. the 6cyl has a blown head gasket anyway. let me know.

wrong generation
12-11-2004, 08:18 PM
after looking at my interior i have though of some other things id like get first dibs on if possible. dash pad,seat belts "front and rear" rear glove box lock and key, door interior plastic parts. " handles and other plastic parts on the doors" drive shaft if its aluminum, the black plastic things that go over the lugnuts and center section of the rims, hmm well thats it for now wonder if ill find anything else that isnt exactly perfect in my car lol.

V
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
ok, when i get the car here ill be able to go over everything, im pretty sure the dash pad in the gta is cracked but i have two mint firebird/T/A dash pads in my basement from other cars. i dont know how much is left of the interior in the gta, it was stripped for the floorpan to be repaired and thats where the guy ended the project. some of the interior is included but i cant garantee exactly what until the car is here.

Savage_Messiah
12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Holy **** how long have I been posting for a posi with or without discs... haha, well add me to the list I guess... there's some little minor 4th gen stuff I need that you may have around but I'll get you on AIM one day for those

V
12-12-2004, 05:51 PM
i may be able to pull in a local 94 or 95 v6 camaro parts car if i have enough interest(no front clip or pass door), ill check on it in the next day or two to see whats left of it. so if you need parts specific to an early 4th gen camaro, let me know

camaro2you
12-12-2004, 06:33 PM
black leateher fourth gen seats.

Savage_Messiah
12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Well I need the passenger side hanger clip thingy... i wouldnt mind upgrading to leather seats now that I hear it but i dont need em... possibly a rear hatch (you know the rubber feet that give it spacing/support when closed? the threaded ones? Well the the driver's side one at some time got ****ed up, then the hole it screws into broke, I tried to fix it but to no avail. If you have no idea what I'm talking about I can take pictures in a few days.) What else..... possibly a rear driver's side quarter panel... a lot of these are limited tho to money and how much it'd cost to get it matched to my car's paint. Probably other small stuff that I'm not thinking of right now too.

The Fixer
12-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Paul, let me know when you get the car in. I heard that the 3rd-gen F-body steering shaft is the same length as the G-body piece. If it is the same (and in good condition), I'll take it and the plastic piece that goes around the base of the shaft.

V
12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
savage...ok ill most likely grab that 4th gen camaro if its still in my friends driveway, i'll post back once i know for sure.

steve, ok, the gta should be here in a little over a week. my 94 firebird and 90 RS are coming tomorrow. and yes the 3rd gen shafts fit perfect, i have an 88 iroc shaft in mine. lol, all the monte u joints i could find were Â*torn and dry but the fbody ones seem to hold up better.

Savage_Messiah
12-12-2004, 11:36 PM
I dunno if id be buying the quarterpanel, it woudl prolyl be cheaper just to fix mine i think. The hatch, how much would it be, unless you know a way to fix my prob?

V
12-12-2004, 11:50 PM
if the 1/4 and the hatch are good, i'd sell both for a total of like $50, that all depends on if i can still get the car, i passed on it twice so i'm hoping its still there now that i have time and room for it.

The Fixer
12-13-2004, 08:31 AM
steve, ok, the gta should be here in a little over a week. and yes the 3rd gen shafts fit perfect, i have an 88 iroc shaft in mine. lol, all the monte u joints i could find were Â*torn and dry but the fbody ones seem to hold up better.

Sweeet! Let me know when you have it there, and I'll come by and check it out.

Thanks again man!

SpeakersGoBoom
12-13-2004, 10:25 AM
<--Stupid for not seeing it before

How much for the steering wheel w/ radio controls?
and the digital dash...how hard would it be to get it on an 86?

V
12-13-2004, 11:05 AM
i'have to see what condition the steering wheel is in, as for the digital dash, physically it will bolt right in as a direct replacement, however, i'm not sure i'f the fuctions would work or even plug in. i was thinking about swapping the digital dash into my 87 gta since they both have 350 tpi motors and should all be the same. as for a non tpi car, i dont think itd be easy to swap. i would still consider selling it, however youd need to research it more and find otu exactly if itll work since i'm not sure.

Mister_Johnny99
12-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Any aluminum driveshafts in stock?

j0n
12-14-2004, 09:14 PM

tim(njspeeder) got one i think hes sellin for 100 bucks...check in the classified section

Mister_Johnny99
12-14-2004, 11:04 PM

tim(njspeeder) got one i think hes sellin for 100 bucks...check in the classified section
Just saw that.

JerzLT1
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
is anything else other then the rear taken? (suspension and all that good stuff) i could use it all (i already claimed the rear :D ) but i dont have the money to buy all new :(

V
12-15-2004, 05:42 PM
well items like the stock lcas, sway bar, panhard rod, torque arm, springs shocks and rear brake setup, i include will all rear ends that i sell. they are basically direct bolts-ins ready to go. front suspension is still avalable too, everything iare stock parts from the GTA and should be the WS6 setup.

i'm going to be picking this car up wed the 22nd, so after that day i can get back to everyone about exact condition of parts, prices, and so on.

JerzLT1
12-15-2004, 11:58 PM
i claim all the suspension then! let me know a price on it since its WS6 and mine is a base model it should be an upgrade correct?

Savage_Messiah
12-16-2004, 03:58 AM
any word on the 4th gen?

V
12-16-2004, 06:48 AM
yes WS6 parts should be better than base model suspension.

i went past where that 4th gen camaro was, and he put a fence up right where it was, so either he got rid of it or it got pushed a few feet back behind the fence. i left a message on his cell, but it takes a few days to get a hold of hm.

JerzLT1
12-19-2004, 01:47 AM
does this have GTA rims? i might be able to use them too if your not

V
12-24-2004, 12:51 AM
ok, the car is almost here, it was towed down from Mass. today and is now in teaneck at my old job untill i make room for it here at my house. I went and looked at it tonight, not bad. Once its here i'll get back to everyone who asked about parts with condition and prices...so sit tight for a few more days... thanks.

V
12-31-2004, 12:37 PM
ok, the GTA is now here and i will be stripping it starting Sunday, I should have it all in pieces by Wed. I'll post more info and ill contact specific people about parts the asked about as soon as i get it apart.

The Fixer
12-31-2004, 01:09 PM
Sweet! Let me know on the steering shaft whenever you have a chance. If you need help pulling the car apart, give me a ring. I'm up for some demolition. :)