PDA

View Full Version : High Flow MAF Sensor...major mod or myth?

slasherbarb
12-26-2004, 09:18 AM
ok...i have been toying around with the idea of gettina a high flow MAF sensor along with the SLP CAI...but i have heard mixed reviews...on one hand, i have heard that it is a great mod and increases power...on the other hand, i heard that it is pointless to get and you don't really feel the difference...someone help me out before i spend $350

NJSPEEDER
12-26-2004, 03:51 PM
jsut taek teh screen out of yoru stock unit. it will do the same thing and it don't cost a hundred bucks :)
it does improve airflow for sure. if you have a CAI along with the descreened maf you will definately see a trap speed increase.

later
tim

foff667
12-26-2004, 07:34 PM
from what i hear for the most part people have issues...whether the tranny starts shifting too hard...you start going lean whatever it may be its rarely worth the money unless you have the ability to tune for it...with ls1edit or lt1 edit or what have you theres a maf table to sorta get your readings in line since you'll be taking in slightly more air but without the adjustment ive heard of all kinda bad crap happening...most including myself recommend staying stock and spending your hardearned cash elsewhere.

slasherbarb
12-26-2004, 07:59 PM
jsut taek teh screen out of yoru stock unit. it will do the same thing and it don't cost a hundred bucks :)
it does improve airflow for sure. if you have a CAI along with the descreened maf you will definately see a trap speed increase.

later
tim

ahh...the "custom" high flow MAF...might be a good idea... :twisted: