PDA

View Full Version : LM-1 Wideband & tuning

foff667
01-13-2005, 09:02 AM
well i finally got my wideband last night via fed ex...install went ok weather sucked I had to be on my back with fog laying down on me and the factory puts the rear o2 facing strait down into the tube its kinda weird so the positioning of it was hard to deal with but within an hour i had it out and the new one in. Getting it working with hptuners was another challenge...nobody told me I had to hook the unit up to my laptop to configure it differently lol so for the first 30 mins i got to view my a/f on the unit just fine but hptuners was only reading it at like 1-2v so was reading 12.5-13.0:1 at all times lol so I got that figured out with the help of one of my friends and went back out and within about an hour had the remainder of my tune in :) a/f is perfect timing looks good so im pretty much done hehe tuning is good stuf.

Fasterthanyou
01-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Good deal... but you're never perfect so it's never done :) . Besides, just because the AFRs "check out" what proof do you have that a 12.0 AFR is faster than a 12.3 ? Data-log at a mph you know you won't spin the tires when you snap the throttle WO. Then shut-down at 60mph or whatever the top speed is, you're pretty close to 95 so find a nice onramp/exit loop to do your testing. Then measure the time it takes for you to accelerate from a mph to the next and look at your AFRs. When plotted against each-other and RPM you can figure out your best AFR. Once that's done, then you're perfect... in that weather, bah hahahaha. It never ends unless you get bored :P