PDA

View Full Version : Question?

CrAsH
01-13-2005, 03:23 PM
do you think a 89 Trans Am wit 127,317 miles is worth buyin or do you think ill end up blowing all my money in it and should wait for a dif car?

Untamed
01-13-2005, 03:56 PM
That depends on the inteded use of the car. If its your second, weekend car, it might be worth it depending on the work that needs to go into it. If it's your daily driver, you may find yourself spending a lot of time patching it up to make sure you can get to work, never really restoring it to like-new condition.

I'm on the verge of buying an 88 TA that has a 305 boat anchor in it. However it will be my weekend cruiser / tinker toy for the next few months. I dont mind plunking down some money for that since I dont plan to actually drive it for a few months. Plus, I plan to have it for many years, making it my daughters car when shes old enough (at least thats the sales line to my wife). So for me its a long term investment.

NJSPEEDER
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
a lot of it depends on what kind of care teh car received. if everythign is in working order you will do ok with it. it is an older car, so problems will arise even with teh best of care.
jsut give the car a good lookin over and apply your best judgement if it fits into how you intend to use it.

later
tim

CrAsH
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
damn car got sold b4 i could get to it newatz so nvm
thanx
Frank

karr95
01-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Is it a T-Top car?

If it is check the floorboards on it. I have an 89 Firebird and the t-tops were leaky. There is rust on this car in places I didn't even think were possible. Not to mention the driver side floorboard was completely missing. As I learned the hardway, in the north east, rust is always a factor.

CrAsH
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
yah it was 1

Ian
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I bought my GTA with 140K on it and put about 5k more on it and it still ran like a champ. It really depends on the car and the cars history.

camaro2you
01-13-2005, 07:00 PM
ya and if it was ever beaten by someone but you cant tell