01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
the only place i could think of is jasper

z2815
01-19-2005, 12:15 AM
this is one place i know of but i never bought anything from them
www.golensengineservice.com

foff667
01-19-2005, 07:48 AM
:? i have something in gmhtp about a place that sells redone stock lt1 blocks...they do sell stroker models and such and prep the block for them re grinding the block where the crank would hit, splayed mains blah blah blah I'll look it up after work.

NJSPEEDER
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
as far as i know there was never any company offering an actual aftermarket casting. you can get very well built rebuilds from companies like agostino racing engines but they cost.
personally i would never buy anything that said jasper on it. i have seen the insides of their "high performance" engines that are used for teh jasper sprints, what hunks of crap. unmatched machine work and parts. i can't imagine their stock rebuilds would have any more care into them.
if you have a reliable machine shop around they can rebuild the bottom end properly for you, then you can do the rest of the assembly yourself.

later
tim

Squirrel
01-19-2005, 05:38 PM
PM Fastbird, he had a 355 sent out to some place....i dont quite remember where

kamikaz
01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
When i had my first 93Z i sent the Block to Pat Musi in Carteret and they did an Awesome Job...

Later,

Santos

Fastbird
01-23-2005, 12:24 PM
PM Fastbird, he had a 355 sent out to some place....i dont quite remember where

AP Engineering. They did a pretty good job (for a great price) on a Forged 355 (sans crank, it's cast) with a 4 week turnaround.

There's plenty of places out there to get a motor redone: ARE, AP Engineering, Lingenfelter, Nu-Tek, Golen, Rapid Motorsports, Speed Inc., ect. ect. ect.

NO ONE however, produces an "aftermarket" block for the LT1.

1RawTA
01-25-2005, 08:19 AM
When i had my first 93Z i sent the Block to Pat Musi in Carteret and they did an Awesome Job...

Later,

Santos

hell ya, if you need some machining done he is the man to go to... my pops and i just had 2 572ci big blocks for my boat redone by pat over the winter... Â*dynoed around 640 hp each

Alex if you need something built im sure george can build you a mean shortblock.. let me know what you are looking for and i can ask george