PDA

View Full Version : Bracket Racing

NJSPEEDER
01-20-2005, 05:38 PM
General Bracket Rules:
*all vehicles participating in racing will conform to all nhra safety rules appropriate for their et adn speed
*all brackets classes will be "foot brake" style racing. the use of two steps, transbrakes, and delay boxes is prohibated.
*a car may only be entered in 1 racing class at the event.
*this event is intended for "street" type vehicles. normal street car runnign gear shoudl be present and in working order. cars are also asked to have a "full" inerior conisting of two front seats, carpet, and complete dash.

Classes:(as of now we jsut have 4 bracket classes worked out)

True Radial: for cars that want to compete on regular street radial tires. no limits on tire size, power adders, engine displacement, or weight.

Drag Radial: for cars competeing on racing construction radial tires. no limits on tire size, power adders, engine displacement, or weight

Slick/Cheater Slick: for cars competeing on any bias type construction tire. no limits on tire size, power adders, engine displacement, or weight

6Cyl: open to cars on any type tire powered by 6cyl engine. no limits on power adders, weight, tire size/construction, or displacement(as long as it is still 6cyls)

we are also considering having some sort of "open" bracket for all those who have built up their cars to leave off t-brakes and such. basically it would be an all run type class. woudl anyone be interested in that?

later
tim

camaroracer1992
01-20-2005, 07:05 PM
sounds good/fair to me.

2001orangess
01-21-2005, 12:38 AM
this is going to be soo much fun :)

Savage_Messiah
01-25-2005, 01:00 AM
saving up for slicks, blower, heads, cam, spray.... james and craig will bow to me!!!! lol

12secondv6
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Get rid of that requiring passenger seat rule!!!!!

I don't have one..... I sold it... I don't run one... and don't plan on buying one to race in events.....

V
01-26-2005, 12:12 PM
i got a spare pasenger seat i'll let you borrow, lol

NJSPEEDER
01-29-2005, 06:21 PM
everyone think teh bracket rules sound good and teh distinctions between teh tire classes are clear?
if everyoen agrees then i will call them finalized tomorrow and put up a post with a final version of the rules.

later
tim

DieselKickYoAss4Sure
02-06-2005, 11:48 AM
well all these rules suck for the real racers somebody that dosnt sign onto the bords might show up with aÂ*full out racer and find he just waisted his or her time and money, why dont you have steet bracket and fully modified bracket classes, that way its fair. its gonna be so much easier that way
nobodys gonna wanna watch a bunch of basicly stock cars run all day long, same thing goes for the heads up races

ar0ck
02-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Kinda sounds like a regular heads up class racing to me. When I think bracket I think of how E-town runs it with their time class.

15's & Slower
14.99 - 13.99
12.99 - 11.99
11's and quicker.

foff667
02-06-2005, 01:55 PM
what about stock 2 steps tim? ;)

Malibu79
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
well all these rules suck for the real racers somebody that dosnt sign onto the bords might show up with a full out racer and find he just waisted his or her time and money, why dont you have steet bracket and fully modified bracket classes, that way its fair. its gonna be so much easier that way
nobodys gonna wanna watch a bunch of basicly stock cars run all day long, same thing goes for the heads up races

I agree with Phil there should be seperate classes for different cars. just run the races as every other track does.
15's & Slower
14.99 - 13.99
12.99 - 11.99
11's and quicker.

NJSPEEDER
02-06-2005, 03:46 PM
i hate to break it to you ty, but no track runs those classes on a regular basis. from time to time you will see classes seperated by ET at small events taht don't use any other class distinctions, but not at shows that have other ways to seperate classes.
basing teh seperation on type of tire will do more to equalize teh field than seperating by et can.

later
tim

EVIL90SS
02-06-2005, 06:59 PM
these rules are a bunch of ****in ********...nobody is gana want to run with these crap ass rules, break up the classes like phil, tyler , and tyransam4life say, that way anyone can run, exactly, who wants to see just a bunch of street cars run all day. like i said..SUCKS !

NJSPEEDER
02-06-2005, 08:11 PM
i have seen classes broken up by et work before at meets that no oen is putting any time or effort into(ie. anything being run at e-town).
the classes that are proposed have drawn large crowds at many facilities in teh past. having seperate brackets for true radial and V6 guys gives a lot of members a more comfortable place to compete and raises teh level of overall competition.

later
tim

foff667
02-06-2005, 10:34 PM
so what about those stock 2 steps?

Tru2Chevy
02-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Matt, Phil, and Tyler....

I'm sorry that you guys don't care for the rules that we are putting in place for this event. If you don't like them, please make a suggestion and back it up with a good reason.

Upsetting weekly racers at Island is not a valid reason, because our event will be clearly marked on the track's schedule. If they do not look up the rules for a special event before attending it, that is not our fault.

These rules were designed to generate the largest turnout for an event that as of now isn't offering cash prizes. The big time racers (most of the guys who can afford to trailer their racecar around) rarely show up to events like ours anyway.

- Justin

79CamaroDiva
02-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I dont understand what you guys are crying about.. These rules are very similar to the way Island separates cars on test and tune days anyhow; by tire. As someone said, people with delay boxes, transbrakes, etc arent going to show up for the event anyhow, and if they do, they would put a beating on everyone. These rules seem fine, and im sure the term 'street' is used very loosely.. The first rule up there is that all cars must pass safety tech inspection, meaning any car running 11.50 and quicker will need a rollbar. Well, hell.. thats not stock.. but its 'streetable.' Quitcher bitchin and enjoy the event :)

Tru2Chevy
02-07-2005, 05:28 PM
so what about those stock 2 steps?

I suppose that anything that the stock computer does wouldn't fall into an "aftermarket electronics" category, so it would be legal.

I don't know how many people are taking advantage of it, but it has been brought up a few times that I have seen on camarov6.

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
NEWB Q ALERT

what's a 2 step?

[/NEWB ALERT]

foff667
02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
NEWB Q ALERT

what's a 2 step?

[/NEWB ALERT]

on manuals u can launch against your rev limiter if its tuned in ;) well only v6's so far, but there are aftermarket setups that do the same thing called 2steps

DieselKickYoAss4Sure
02-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I dont understand what you guys are crying about.. These rules are very similar to the way Island separates cars on test and tune days anyhow; by tire. As someone said, people with delay boxes, transbrakes, etc arent going to show up for the event anyhow, and if they do, they would put a beating on everyone. These rules seem fine, and im sure the term 'street' is used very loosely.. The first rule up there is that all cars must pass safety tech inspection, meaning any car running 11.50 and quicker will need a rollbar. Well, hell.. thats not stock.. but its 'streetable.' Quitcher bitchin and enjoy the event :)

well if you think that will shut us up this early in the game it wont. besides thats not what were "whining" about, we just dont understand the whole insurance and reg thing when it's not normally required in islands weekend rules, but it is in this event. so unbunch your knickners :fight: and race us when you see us there :missu:

PBodyGT87
02-08-2005, 08:08 PM

well if you think that will shut us up this early in the game it wont. besides thats not what were "whining" about, we just dont understand the whole insurance and reg thing when it's not normally required in islands weekend rules, but it is in this event. so unbunch your knickners Â* :fight: Â*and race us when you see us there Â*:missu:

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29378#29378

NJSPEEDER
02-08-2005, 10:26 PM

well if you think that will shut us up this early in the game it wont. besides thats not what were "whining" about, we just dont understand the whole insurance and reg thing when it's not normally required in islands weekend rules, but it is in this event. so unbunch your knickners Â* :fight: Â*and race us when you see us there Â*:missu:

phil, you really need to take it down several notches buddy. this is bracket racing, it is very common for bracket racing to be set up for street cars. it is also the system that will appeal to the largest portion of our membership. that is teh way things are and will continue to be.
if you care to comment further on teh matter i suggest you come up with more concrete reasons than jsut whining about teh way you want things. if you can't come up with anything significant or well founded you will continue to be treated as childish as you are acting.

everyone can expect teh final rules to be posted in teh next day or two. they will look pretty much like what was laid out in teh openign of the thread, since there were no major objections. jsut have to write in all the little stuff to finalize them.

later
tim