PDA

View Full Version : Car Show

NJSPEEDER
01-20-2005, 05:53 PM
voting in the car show will be done by everyone who attends the event. we decided to go with spectator voting since it rewards the cars that really stand out, not jsut the ones that some "expert" finds the fewest supposed flaws with.
for classes we are thinkign of going with one class for each generation and having several special awards available(best engine, best chrome, best wheels, best engineered, best paint, best camaro, best firebird, best project/work in progress).
all votes cast for the best car from each generation and best camaro/firebird will be added up to pick the best of show winner.
as of right now we do not have a lock on how many trophies we will have to hand out. for budget reasons the special awards may be done as plaques and the top 3 in each generation adn top 3 in best of show voting will get trophies.

this sound like a reasonable set up to you guys? any more special awards you think would work?

later
tim

Mike
01-20-2005, 06:07 PM
will you be allowed to show and race?, will there be time between having your car in the show to be judged and having a class be racing?

somthing i ran into in my first slp day, was that i was playing around in test and tune when the judges walked through the show...i would not have won anyway, but its somthing that can be avoided so i thought i should bring it up.

NJSPEEDER
01-20-2005, 07:17 PM
everything will be going on at one time. there is no way anyone could do both.

later
tim

Untamed
01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
How about the "I can't believe that thing actually runs - and made it here!" category? I might win that one. Something along the lines of "Most desperate to attend an event". :lol:

maroman88
01-20-2005, 09:13 PM
im in for the show, no racing my slowwww maro

Untamed
01-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Regardlss of the shape of mine, if I can drive it there, I'll enter. Should make the voting easier for the other third gens. :)

NJSPEEDER
01-20-2005, 10:04 PM
since i will be busy all day and won't be able to run my car i will leave it on teh show field.
hopefully i will have a shot at best engineered or something since i am not planning a fancy paint or interior set up.

later
tim

HardcoreZ28
01-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Well that sucks azz.....obviously I want to show my car, but I'd also like to run it. Damn you and your rules!

Untamed
01-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Somehow I think all the showy, go-fast guys will be on the track, while all the works in progress will be shown. Might be better that way - from the rust buckets on the show field, to the showy cars on the track, non-clubbers might start to get the itch, seeing where they can get their own f-bodys to.

Kind of a before and after type deal.

V
01-21-2005, 12:01 PM
hmm, im not sure if i'll be showing my car or racing it. IF i have the engine swap done, i'll run it, but if not, i'll show it. Myabe there could be a class best sound system and no thats not ricey, lol.

NJSPEEDER
01-21-2005, 02:13 PM
so many people have mentioned that their cars are works in progress that we are adding another special award for best project. :) now even my hunk of **** has a shot at a prize :P

later
tim

Untamed
01-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, is that a prize of pity? "Wow, look at all the rust you have to remove. Sorry man, take this plaque".

Or is it based on all the things we plan to put into it? Or all the mods already put into it, even though it doesnt have fresh paint? A sympathy award might be fun to win.

NJSPEEDER
01-21-2005, 02:23 PM
i would prolly vote for the person who was working on the most radical idea for the car.

later
tim

HardcoreZ28
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Anyone can lie and say they are building like a 2,000 hp engine with quad turbos and a flux capacitor then. Oh wait that's what I'm doing....I win!

foff667
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Anyone can lie and say they are building like a 2,000 hp engine with quad turbos and a flux capacitor then. Â*Oh wait that's what I'm doing....I win!

actually im doing 8 rear mounted turbos with high density muffler bearings so i might have ya ;)

Mike
01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
billllllll trailor your car in, and you will win

HardcoreZ28
01-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Your 8 turbos have nothing on my flux capacitor, just hope there's enough room for me to hit 88mph while lightening strikes.

On a side note, those rear mount turbo kits look pretty sweet. Might consider that for my next project.

V
01-22-2005, 01:55 AM
most radical project eh? hehe... now I have some ideas... i got about 4-5 cars in parts to play with... wheres my plasma cutter and MIG :twisted:

Tru2Chevy
01-24-2005, 01:45 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

- Justin

foff667
01-24-2005, 02:18 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

- Justin

I don't see how you have the right to laugh bud :D

Mike
01-24-2005, 02:24 PM
yeah at least bills is supposed to be apart :wink:

btw, someone was on the chat last night asking about front brakes from an ls1

Tru2Chevy
01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah at least bills is supposed to be apart :wink:

I don't consider the reason for Bill's car being apart a good one....a pretty stupid one actually. jmho

- Justin

ar0ck
01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I guess you can do this :

1st Generation Camaro / Firebird
Stock
Modified

2nd Generation Camaro / Firebird
Stock
Modified

3rd Generation Camaro / Firebird
Stock
Modified

4th Generation Camaro / Firebird
Stock
Modified

I used to judge planes at the Greenwood lake EAA501 Fly-In's so I'll try and dig up some judging ballets to get an idea on what classifies each car

Mike
01-24-2005, 08:11 PM
i didnt say it was a good reason....just a good excuse

NJSPEEDER
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
i didnt say it was a good reason....just a good excuse

stupid = good excuse :?:

later
tim

NJSPEEDER
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
i am gonna have to talk to teh track and see if we can get a number on how many cars will fit in teh car show area. if there aren't a lot fo cars we can't really support too many classes, so we have to figure out how many people are coming somehow.
anyone know any sites loaded with car show people that we can cruise and get teh word out on?

later
tim

camaroracer1992
01-26-2005, 08:11 AM
www.autorush.com is a good local event coverage site

www.rearman.com is a good site to post up events on

slasherbarb
01-26-2005, 02:56 PM
i'm probably in for the show...my car will have mods done, but i probably won't feel ready to run that day...

V
01-26-2005, 11:51 PM
i'll be in for the show, i dont wanna bother running my pos ls1. i'll save my next run for the new setup.

DieselKickYoAss4Sure
02-01-2005, 07:26 PM
well i think it is very possible to have the car show and race at the same time being only two cars can run at once there will be many others in the staging lanes or you could put them in a class of there own best drag car somthing like that

tim and justin both need to get there cars done before this event jesus the basement dwelers are gonna be spending some long nights in spring to accomplish this one. well all justin really needs is a day and and to stop ****ing around with his doors and interior so much.tims car is still far from done hes got a good month of steady work days to finish his id have to say you both will end up drag racing

Tim you dont have to worry i can run your car im light weight remember :lol:

bluebeast
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
hey i am new and i wanted to tell you guys that there are some people coming in from the www.firststatefbody.com club. i know i will be showing my camaro and i know that a friend will be showing her 98 trans am. someone might be able to get in touch with the person that runs that site and maybe get some more responses. well great site and look forward to seeing you all in aug.

NJSPEEDER
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
we have been in contact with the first state club. hopefully as the time grows closer a good sized crew will decide to make it up to the show.
from the pictures and car descriptions on the site there are definately some nice rides in delaware.

later
tim

JTFormula
06-21-2005, 08:35 AM
You said a class for best work in project. Is this for cars in the process of restoration? I will drag mine up on the trailer if this is the case. Its far from done but you can see the amount of detail I am doing.

Untamed
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
I think I was the one who suggested that because many of us have those ratty work in process cars. You know the kind - they run, but they're butt ugly. We can get them to the show, just barely, but they wont win any beauty contests.

An open hood display of work in process cars would be funny, depressing and frightening all at the same time. Not sure they would convince anyone to own an f-body if they dont already.

I think the classes are already set, and are in a sticky at the top of this part of the forum. If mine is running by that weekend, I'll enter it - just to make every other 3rd gen look good. You know, help a brother. :wink:

Batman
06-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Race, show, race, show, race, show....lemme think here, RACE! Too bad too I'd like toshow mine also but the need for speed comes first.

camaroracer1992
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
the first state club there are def nice cars there, too bad one with some crappy wire loom and a painted intake somehow beat my car in 3rd gen modified. i wish i could show mine but tim keeps pressuring me to run my car on the strip. looks like i will be running instead of showing. too bad we cant have a "show and go" class where we get to do time trials and show

jaysz2893
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
the first state club there are def nice cars there, too bad one with some crappy wire loom and a painted intake somehow beat my car in 3rd gen modified. i wish i could show mine but tim keeps pressuring me to run my car on the strip. looks like i will be running instead of showing. too bad we cant have a "show and go" class where we get to do time trials and show

One of our guys beat you for 3rd gen modifed where? The Kahunaville show?