PDA

View Full Version : Catco cat and magnaflow- legal to pass inspection?

casketcrewchick
01-23-2005, 06:30 PM
I have a dumb question and I know you people are probably thinking if she doesnt know then why did she go through with it? I have a catco cat and a 3 inch magnaflow system as well as an 02 simulator. Will I pass inspection if I go to an inspection station with that set up? If i dont, I will just switch it back to maybe a more stock system because I am a bit tired of the loudness of it anyways.

Also, does anyone know where i can get my cat welded? My ex welded it and its leaking (a lot i think) and its either that or band clamp it but its too cold out to mess with it. I would rather clamp it cause if what i got isnt legal I will just switch it out to all stock parts again.

Thanks.

12secondv6
01-23-2005, 06:43 PM
You shouldn't have any emissions problems with that set up.

Ages ago, with a not so aggressive set up like now, I went through NJ inspection and passed.

I had an edlebrock cat back, catco high flow cat, headers and other mods.

As for welding..... I go to a local meinekee shop by me.

If you need more info on the shop let me know.

BTW, welcome! I know ya from fbv6 :)

NJSPEEDER
01-23-2005, 08:00 PM
magnaflow and catco products are all 50state legal replacement parts. you will have no problem with emissions using bolt on/replacement exhaust components.

later
tim

Mike
01-23-2005, 08:43 PM
with obd2, as long as you have a cat and no check engine light it should pass.

BigAls87Z28
01-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Yeah, all OBDII cars dont really get a tail-pipe check. They scan your ECM and if there is no codes (which there wont be due to the 02 sims) then you are clean.
Even if they did, you should still pass.

casketcrewchick
01-24-2005, 06:01 AM
*phew* thanks, people... as long as I pass i wont care. I dont care that its as loud as it is but sometimes i want quiet. :P You've made me feel better so thanks again. Cause i will just keep what i got instead of spending more money on an exhaust set up. :)

casketcrewchick
01-24-2005, 06:02 AM
BTW, Hi James.

12secondv6
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
BTW, Hi James.

Hello!

Savage_Messiah
01-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey... and James is wrong it's camarov6 on the boards ;), welcome, and yea i believe it's fine (I hope so cuz that's the setup I have/am putting on)