PDA

View Full Version : push button

GrandmasterCow
02-03-2005, 07:48 AM
hey all, im going to install a push button start. i have a swich and a push button. does anyone have the wiring diagram of the ign system on the steering wheel? i want it to start only when the key is in the ign

Fastbird
02-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't know if he's on this board or not, but his screen name is RamAir95TA on camaroz28.com and fbody.com. Shoot him a note and talk to him, he did it and it works good.

Tru2Chevy
02-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Sounds cool, but shouldn't you be worried about finishing and paying for your head gasket and other projects first?

- Justin

GrandmasterCow
02-03-2005, 08:50 AM
lol yeah ... this was just an idea that my friend mentioned last night. the head gasket that guy will take care of and all, im going to talk to him today.

Fasterthanyou
02-03-2005, 10:26 AM
I installed a push-button starter in place of my cig lighter. That's in a 3rd gen, 4th gen probably wouldn't be as functional with the button in the ash tray... where would you put it?
For wiring you can do a few things. The most important is that the starter not be engauged with the clutch is out. So it's best to tap into the "system" before that switch. Also there is a remote starter plug hookup under the dash that lets mechanics starter your car with a hand operated button. That's where I tapped in, it just needed a blade crimp connector and batta bing battam boom push button starting :) . You WILL use it, it's a lot more fun than the key switch.